Consider This Before You Panic

dmo_dlo

Among all 12 playoff teams last year, the only signing of a significant new player has been Giants' signing of TE Bennett!! That's it. Every single playoff team from last year is waiting for the market to settle.

Calm down, we'll have our signings.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Among all 12 playoff teams last year, the only signing of a significant new player has been Giants' signing of TE Bennett!! That's it. Every single playoff team from last year is waiting for the market to settle.

Calm down, we'll have our signings.

but but but but................ehh I got nothing :(

Guest Gritz

I'm not panicking.....but I'm not assuming that TD has a solid plan or answer for the Falcons roster holes either.

Considering the embarrassing way the Falcons have performed against top notch competition and in the playoffs I'm back in "I'll Believe It When I See It" mode.

I'm not panicking.....but I'm not assuming that TD has a solid plan or answer for the Falcons roster holes either.

Considering the embarrassing way the Falcons have performed against top notch competition and in the playoffs I'm back in "I'll Believe It When I See It" mode.

So you're assuming TD is a dunce and doesn't have a plan at all? Well I guess, like the OP said, the other 11 playoff teams don't either since they haven't moved.

Come on give me a break. How many holes would have been filled from FA? RE, LT. What RE or LT has signed to a different team so far? I don't get the tension and regret on this board when not one move that would have made this team better has happened. Nicks wasn't coming to the Falcons. Only 20 players in the first 24 hours switched teams. Most of those were WRs and CBs. There hasn't been a LT sign. There hasn't been a DE change teams that we would have benefited from.

What have I missed?

So you're assuming TD is a dunce and doesn't have a plan at all? Well I guess, like the OP said, the other 11 playoff teams don't either since they haven't moved.

Come on give me a break. How many holes would have been filled from FA? RE, LT. What RE or LT has signed to a different team so far? I don't get the tension and regret on this board when not one move that would have made this team better has happened. Nicks wasn't coming to the Falcons. Only 20 players in the first 24 hours switched teams. Most of those were WRs and CBs. There hasn't been a LT sign. There hasn't been a DE change teams that we would have benefited from.

What have I missed?

LT - you are right, no significant LT has been signed

DE - Mario is "all but signed" almost certainly not coming to Atlanta, 2nd best DE(under 34yrs old) Mincey is also signed, no other significant DEs on market right now.

Guest Gritz

What have I missed?

Apparently a good bit since I never said or even implied that "TD is a dunce."

I have my own feelings about the Falcons and the current course they are on. I don't start threads that are alarmist and I don't try to influence or sway the opinions of others.

Don't put words in my mouth or try to put me into some type of category where I don't belong.

Thanks.

This^! All day, everyday!!

DE - Mario is "all but signed" almost certainly not coming to Atlanta, 2nd best DE(under 34yrs old) Mincey is also signed, no other significant DEs on market right now.

You have to define significant.

There are several guys would would be good gys to add like Matt Roth,Andre Carter,Mark Anderson,Luise Castillo who is a very good 3-4 end. Ofcourse Abe is still available.

That's all I'm saying. Mincey resigned with the Jags so we had no chance. Williams is "all but signed" but it was clearly about the money for him since he is in Buffalo and Chicago got out the race. Abe, Wimbley, and some guys are still available.

Now, if next week, we are just sitting back and watching, I will join the crowd lol

Apparently a good bit since I never said or even implied that "TD is a dunce."

I have my own feelings about the Falcons and the current course they are on. I don't start threads that are alarmist and I don't try to influence or sway the opinions of others.

Don't put words in my mouth or try to put me into some type of category where I don't belong.

Thanks.

You said:

"...but I'm not assuming that TD has a solid plan or answer for the Falcons roster holes either"

Which means you don't think TD has a clue of what his next move is? I think that is comical to assume, especially of a poster of your stature gritz, when FA has been going for ~48hrs. Yes, I understand not assuming because he could very well miss. But if we can see the holes and come up with scenarios to fill them, I think it's safe to assume TD sees them and will fill them how he sees fit. Just because he hasn't done it after ~48hrs of FA doesn't mean he won't, unless he is ready to leave town.

Like somebody said, of the 12 playoff teams, only the Giants made a move so far, adding Martellus Bennett. That should tell you something. Either they don't have solid plans in place to improve their rosters either, or they know what they are doing. I'd choose the latter.

You know I wasn't taking any shot at you though. Didn't mean for you to take it that way. I just think you are getting a little impatient (like g dawg) and having been around the block a few times think this is going to be the same old Falcons because nothing has happened. Give it some time.

Most definitely.. It's rather amusing how people on this board get upset at people for complaining about the lack of moves. You're right for a team that's only beat the Saints twice in the last 4 years, can't beat the top teams in the NFL and can't get out of the first round of the playoffs I see why fans are frustrated.

So you're telling me that Garcon and Morgan were quality players? We got HD for a fraction of their contracts and he is better than both of those players.

Pierre Garcon is a MUCH better WR than HD, has only missed 2 games with a hand injury (no knee issues), and produced with Curtis Painter throwing to him.

So you're telling me that Garcon and Morgan were quality players? We got HD for a fraction of their contracts and he is better than both of those players.

Woah. Easy there.

I like Harry and i know we didnt blow the bank to sign him, but come on. Exaggerate much?

Pierre Garcon is a much much higher quality player than Douglas.

70 rec. 947 yards 13.5 avg. 6 TDs

Douglas hasnt even come close to matching that kind of productivity. And probably never will. He's a 3rd receiver, 4th option player on this team and that's about all he ever will be. I'm happy with that, he's happy with that, his contract reflects that, but please dont try to sell him as anything more.

Fact is, if we had let Harry hang out there on the market for a while longer, we could have probably gotten him even cheaper.

Guest Gritz

Most definitely.. It's rather amusing how people on this board get upset at people for complaining about the lack of moves. You're right for a team that's only beat the Saints twice in the last 4 years, can't beat the top teams in the NFL and can't get out of the first round of the playoffs I see why fans are frustrated.

Yeah, and I don't begrudge the eternal optimists on here either. It's fine with me if people want to believe that we are either already elite or are right on the cusp of that achievement. Crap, I guess I used to be one of those people.

I'm not any more.

While what Dimitroff and Smith did initially to turn this franchise around was and is still admirable, my joy and excitement about that achievement has run headlong into my expectations and frustration at not being able to get to that next level.

I like to think I'm a fairly sensible poster...not a gloom and doom guy or an alarmist....but I really feel that, for the first time since they have been here, Dimitroff and Smith might have a task in front of them (getting us to the elite level) that they aren't equipped to attain.

Obviously we'll see.

Guest Gritz

Woah. Easy there.

I like Harry and i know we didnt blow the bank to sign him, but come on. Exaggerate much?

Pierre Garcon is a much much higher quality player than Douglas.

70 rec. 947 yards 13.5 avg. 6 TDs

Douglas hasnt even come close to matching that kind of productivity. And probably never will. He's a 3rd receiver, 4th option player on this team and that's about all he ever will be. I'm happy with that, he's happy with that, his contract reflects that, but please dont try to sell him as anything more.

Fact is, if we had let Harry hang out there on the market for a while longer, we could have probably gotten him even cheaper.

Yeah, I'm a big HD fan, but c'mon....better than Garcon?

I haven't seen it yet.