Why Td Might Be Trading Up Again In This Year Draft!

momak

No free agent additions could mean Falcons might be trading up in the draft to get an impact defensive or offensive lineman.

Why?

We would be getting several compensation picks next year so loosing next year’s 1st , 2nd or 3rd pick (depending on where they want to move up) would not hurt as much when you have the rest of your picks plus several compensation picks.

Who the Falcons might target if they move up in the draft?

Whitney Mercilus DE

Cordy Glenn G

Nick Perry DE/OLB

Michael Brockers, DE/DT

Peter Konz C,

Mike Adams OT

Andre Branch, DE

Alameda Ta'amu, NT

Vinny Curry DE/OLB

Kevin Zeitler G,

Zebrie Sanders, OT

Just something to keep in mind

Just sign a FA OT to a solid deal, and add a mid-level passrusher(Mark Anderson, or retain Abe), and I think you could be on to something---but the trade up would be to try and secure someone like Poe, IMO, an impact NT. We need more beef in the middle of the line, and they know it. That, or an ELITE prospect as a passrusher.

Just sign a FA OT to a solid deal, and add a mid-level passrusher(Mark Anderson, or retain Abe), and I think you could be on to something---but the trade up would be to try and secure someone like Poe, IMO, an impact NT. We need more beef in the middle of the line, and they know it. That, or an ELITE prospect as a passrusher.

I think Poe would be a great pick but i dont think he would get past the Chiefs. If a mid 1st round pick falls we might be able to trade with the Pats or if a late first round pick drops to the mid 40s we might be tempted to move up.

But i dont see us giving up more than one pick in next years draft if we do move.

No free agent additions could mean Falcons might be trading up in the draft to get an impact defensive or offensive lineman.

Why?

We would be getting several compensation picks next year so loosing next year’s 1st , 2nd or 3rd pick (depending on where they want to move up) would not hurt as much when you have the rest of your picks plus several compensation picks.

Whitney Mercilus DE - maybe

Cordy Glenn G - doubtful after Manuwai

Nick Perry DE/OLB - maybe

Michael Brockers, DE/DT - maybe

Peter Konz C, - doubt it

Mike Adams OT - doubt it

Andre Branch, DE - mybe

Alameda Ta'amu, NT - probably wouldn't need to move up

Vinny Curry DE/OLB - ditto

Kevin Zeitler G, - ditto

Zebrie Sanders, OT - ditto

I'd actually prefer though that we don't move up at all.

Why?

Whitney Mercilus DE

Cordy Glenn G

Nick Perry DE/OLB

Michael Brockers, DE/DT

Peter Konz C,

Mike Adams OT

Andre Branch, DE

Alameda Ta'amu, NT

Vinny Curry DE/OLB

Kevin Zeitler G,

Zebrie Sanders, OT

First off, if you're counting on compensation picks to keep you afloat in the draft, you are playing a fools game. You can't count on a compensation pick. What happens if you lose Curtis Lofton to FA on a big contract & he tears up his knee in training camp & doesn't play all year? That 3rd/4th round potential compensation pick just became a 7th rounder. Way too much risk for that.

Plus, we've already given up a 1st & 4th round pick in next years draft. If we give up a 2nd & 3rd to move up, then the compensation picks don't work out, we have no pick before the 5th round. Even if the compensation pick works out in our favor in the best way possible, the best we can do is have pick #97 in next years draft.

The Julio trade left us with almost no ammo to move up this year. Trading future picks for moving up in the current year is going to catch up with you at some point.

The truth is chicken little talk around these parts you know...even TD's

mistakes are right. We are dead on schedule with the process.

I still think it's too early to call the trade the right or wrong move. I didn't like it when we made it, I don't like it now, but it's too early to pass complete judgment on the move. My main point though was, when you start trading the future for the present, you start a cycle of that happening and it gets harder & harder to stop and you fall further & further behind. The Redskins got into that cycle several years ago, finally broke out of it and now they let Snyder show his stupidity again & jumped right back into it.

I still think it's too early to call the trade the right or wrong move. I didn't like it when we made it, I don't like it now, but it's too early to pass complete judgment on the move. My main point though was, when you start trading the future for the present, you start a cycle of that happening and it gets harder & harder to stop and you fall further & further behind. The Redskins got into that cycle several years ago, finally broke out of it and now they let Snyder show his stupidity again & jumped right back into it.

Also keep in mind if TD believes there is a pick slightly out of our reach then he might not hesitate trading away next years 3rd round pick as there is no guarantee that Blank will keep him if the team has a down year and he does not deliver with whats left of this years draft picks.

We still have a lot of holes on this team making the picks in this year’s draft especially important.

If we traded every pick we have we could barely move up to early in the 2nd round.

This thread is a pipe dream.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

I agree we would not be trading away this years picks to move up.

Why?

Whitney Mercilus DE

Cordy Glenn G

Nick Perry DE/OLB

Michael Brockers, DE/DT

Peter Konz C,

Mike Adams OT

Andre Branch, DE

Alameda Ta'amu, NT

Vinny Curry DE/OLB

Kevin Zeitler G,

Zebrie Sanders, OT

your just setting your self up for some draft day disappointments....have you not learned anything from the FA?

your just setting your self up for some draft day disappointments....have you not learned anything from the FA?

Are you saying that if TD had to trade next years 3rd round pick to move up a couple to get a guy like Andre Branch that he would not do it?

Im just saying its possible as we really need to hit on our picks in the draft

I can assure you, TD will not be giving up any future draft picks to get back in the first round this year.

That is not something he wants to start a habit of and he said something along those lines last year.

Julio was a once in every 5-years type of player, he made the move.

I know this is out of context but i cant start new thread since i am new.

What is jonathan babineaux's worth ?

Good questions. Let see he is turning 31 in October and coming of a down year. I say we might get a 5th round pick at best.

If the falcons feel good about where they are,then they won't trade up.I don't think they should,because any rookie coming in isn't going to really have that big of an impact first year,unless they play QB are maybe RB.

I would stay where I'm at with the picks we have right now and hope that we can get some good production type players out of it and still try to win a playoff game. If not,well we would have some picks to play with next year.