Troops As They Left Iraq

War is never pretty and many in this country are too quick to go to war because this country never sees the actual consequences on it's own soil. The invasion of the middle east has cost the US economy and unless there are serious foreign policy (amongst other) changes, never ending war and runaway inflation will bring this country to its knees.

I feel bad for a lot fo our soldiers. They enlist to protect and serve, they follow orders and sacrifice their lives and families only to be berated. It's a drag.

Its called being sheep.

People everywhere, this forum included, will often berate a person who follows one political party lockstep. They will go on and on about them being sheep and whatnot, but will totally give a free pass to soldiers who do the same.

These people traveled the world to kill people who did nothing to them just because they were told to....Sheep. IRAQIS NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU! They ruined that country for nothing. How about you feel bad for the people who died defending their homes against people who they did nothing to. Thats who I feel bad for. Troops run that pimp game on people saying

"You can only say what you say because of us!"

But how is killing people who did nothing to us protecting our freedom? Did troops centuries ago defend the right to free speech? Yes, but that certainly does not include the murderers in there today.

Edited by Forever Julian

In order to be effective, a military cannot be comprised of people who question authority with regard to policy. There are rules which govern general behavior that soldiers must follow, but they cannot be effective if they question their mission.

I understand that creates a moral dilemma.

EDIT: I should add that I DO feel very bad for Iraqis who died rightfully defending their homas, and I do not believe that most, if any, Iraqis did anything to harm the US.

Edited by eatcorn

In order to be effective, a military cannot be comprised of people who question authority with regard to policy. There are rules which govern general behavior that soldiers must follow, but they cannot be effective if they question their mission.

I understand that creates a moral dilemma.

EDIT: I should add that I DO feel very bad for Iraqis who died rightfully defending their homas, and I do not believe that most, if any, Iraqis did anything to harm the US.

How different would the foreign policy be if we actually had smart people on the ground thinking though?

It could be a magical thing.

How different would the foreign policy be if we actually had smart people on the ground thinking though?

It could be a magical thing.

I think we do, in some cases, and the results have been magical for the people whose lives they have affected in a positive manner.

I don't think there's a lot of value in assuming the intelligence of people we've never met simply because they have chosen to forego their moral options in an effort to serve the citizens of their country.

I think we do, in some cases, and the results have been magical for the people whose lives they have affected in a positive manner.

I don't think there's a lot of value in assuming the intelligence of people we've never met simply because they have chosen to forego their moral options in an effort to serve the citizens of their country.

I think you would have a point IF they were actually serving the citizens of their country. For the most part this isnt the case, and has not been for decades.

The only people who have benefited from this latest war of aggression are the corporations getting rich off of the defense, and oil, industry. This is common knowledge.

Its called being sheep.

People everywhere, this forum included, will often berate a person who follows one political party lockstep. They will go on and on about them being sheep and whatnot, but will totally give a free pass to soldiers who do the same.

These people traveled the world to kill people who did nothing to them just because they were told to....Sheep. IRAQIS NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU! They ruined that country for nothing. How about you feel bad for the people who died defending their homes against people who they did nothing to. Thats who I feel bad for. Troops run that pimp game on people saying

"You can only say what you say because of us!"

But how is killing people who did nothing to us protecting our freedom? Did troops centuries ago defend the right to free speech? Yes, but that certainly does not include the murderers in there today.

I've had enough if your idiocy. Don't you ever dare tell me or anyone of my several cousins that have been to Iraq that, "the Iraqis did nothing to you". While I haven't been to Iraq myself, as a poolee in the Marine Corps I am trying to prepare myself to go to Afghanistan. The troops are told why they are there. I've heard from family and friends who have been, you don't need to be given a reason anyway because as soon as you get over there it's obvious what needs to be done. I can't speak for everyone who has been, I'm sure there are tropps that genuinely wonder why they were there... but as a poster above me said, war is bad. People are going to die, unfortunately that's just how war is.

It's funny how you and the liberal media choose to show only the clips of angry citizens and combat stressed troops that open fire on civilians or urinate on dead enemy soldiers. I don't know why you can't congratulate our military for all the right that they have done over there. Why you bash this country and its military I will never understand. If you hate it so much, just leave. I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, why live in a country you don't support and seem to hate so much?

I've had enough if your idiocy. Don't you ever dare tell me or anyone of my several cousins that have been to Iraq that, "the Iraqis did nothing to you". While I haven't been to Iraq myself, as a poolee in the Marine Corps I am trying to prepare myself to go to Afghanistan. The troops are told why they are there. I've heard from family and friends who have been, you don't need to be given a reason anyway because as soon as you get over there it's obvious what needs to be done. I can't speak for everyone who has been, I'm sure there are tropps that genuinely wonder why they were there... but as a poster above me said, war is bad. People are going to die, unfortunately that's just how war is.

It's funny how you and the liberal media choose to show only the clips of angry citizens and combat stressed troops that open fire on civilians or urinate on dead enemy soldiers. I don't know why you can't congratulate our military for all the right that they have done over there. Why you bash this country and its military I will never understand. If you hate it so much, just leave. I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, why live in a country you don't support and seem to hate so much?

Heh. You cant fix your own inner cities over here, but its obvious what needs to be done in another country thousands of miles away, who I must stress again, NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU?

Spare me. You are going to kill people who did nothing to you for minimum wage, and to make the defense industry a lot of money.

To be fair, I have seen many accounts of positive effects and action in the media.

Heh. You cant fix your own inner cities over here, but its obvious what needs to be done in another country thousands of miles away, who I must stress again, NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU?

Spare me. You are going to kill people who did nothing to you for minimum wage, and to make the defense industry a lot of money.

I'm sorry I got angry with you. It's clear that your intelligence level is lower than that of an inanimate object. Maybe one day you'll find help and reduce your risk of harming yourself and others around you.

I'm sorry I got angry with you. It's clear that your intelligence level is lower than that of an inanimate object. Maybe one day you'll find help and reduce your risk of harming yourself and others around you.

Yet even then I wouldnt be stupid enough to put my life in jeopardy for an oil company.

What would that make YOU?

Yet even then I wouldnt be stupid enough to put my life in jeopardy for an oil company.

You prove once again that you are COMPLETELY clueless to just about anything, especially this. There is really nothing else to be said to you about this at all. You are just completely ignorant.

Of course....Smart people go and kill people who did nothing to them just because they are told to all the time.

You prove once again that you are COMPLETELY clueless to just about anything, especially this. There is really nothing else to be said to you about this at all. You are just completely ignorant.

Of course....Smart people go and kill people who did nothing to them just because they are told to all the time.

You can refuse at any time. Places like Canada,south asia...ect are littered with soldiers who refused.

Obviously. People make that choice every day. And if everyone made that choice whenever they felt like it, we woudl not have a military when we genuinely needed one.