Letting Weens Go Was Stupid

J-RoC770

Ok yeah the kickoffs are not a factor due to the new rules but he has swag and toughness on special teams. He was an excellent gunner and made good special teams tackle, who's gonna do that for us this year? Sure aint gonna be Harry.

Edited by J-RoC770

It gives Kerry Meier more playtime. It also opens up the possibility of drafting a dynamic returner like Brandon Boykin. We'll miss Weems, but he's actually replaceable in the draft from the 2nd round or later, unlike John Abraham, who we might let walk and apparently aren't trying too hard to replace.

Ok yeah the kickoffs are not a factor due to the new rules but he has swag and toughness on special teams. He was an excellent gunner and made good special teams tackle, who's gonna do that for us this year? Sure aint gonna be Harry.

With all the concerns on this team, Weems is your concern? So much so that you made a thread about it? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

With all the concerns on this team, Weems is your concern? So much so that you made a thread about it? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

It gives Kerry Meier more playtime. It also opens up the possibility of drafting a dynamic returner like Brandon Boykin. We'll miss Weems, but he's actually replaceable in the draft from the 2nd round or later, unlike John Abraham, who we might let walk and apparently aren't trying too hard to replace.

Replaceable in the draft? Ill argue that HD is already his replacement. We were hesitant to let HD return punts due to his injury a few years ago, however he can be dynamic back there this season.

Replaceable in the draft? Ill argue that HD is already his replacement. We were hesitant to let HD return punts due to his injury a few years ago, however he can be dynamic back there this season.

Franks can return too. HD will be the slot, and I still don't think we'll have HD return. Franks might not either. I could see us grabbing a return guy in the draft. Why is that unrealistic?

Frankly, the guy wasn't just average last year, he was actually a liability on punts, because he couldn't perform the simple task of fair catching balls. The guy really really sucked last year.

Good point,he put us in some really bad field position with his indecisiveness.

Even bear fans dont see him as a big impact for them. Most think he is gonna be used for ST only. But we are stacked at wr and they are not so solid. So he may see more reps there in a rotation splitting WR and ST.

Not a huge loss for us. HD was more important signing. HD can actually be a #2 wr. Weems couldn't.

Franks can return too. HD will be the slot, and I still don't think we'll have HD return. Franks might not either. I could see us grabbing a return guy in the draft. Why is that unrealistic?

It's not, and I completely agree. Weems was HIGHLY overrated. We can pick up a guy like that in the late rounds. Plus, why spend money on a guy who only actually plays 5-6 plays a game.

Guest Fibonacci

he let to many balls drop and not try to take them. he could have called fair catches. yet people only remember the good days he has and never the bad. yet I remember both.

now as a team tackler on special, I will say the guy was stunning. but is that worth 3+ million. heck no. more like worth a million.

Weems outside of special teams had very little value to the team he was'nt a recieving option so outside of a gunner on ST's I don't no what all the drama is about.

I mean if worse comes to worse they can use HD Franks or Antone Smith as return guys so as above good luck and all the best Eric Weems.

This is why you are not on the staff of any NFL team. Not even pee wee league.

The Bears, a team not that far removed from a Super Bowl appearance and 1 year removed from a Championship appearance liked him enough to sign him. Maybe it's why you aren't on the staff of an NFL team.

Ok yeah the kickoffs are not a factor due to the new rules but he has swag and toughness on special teams. He was an excellent gunner and made good special teams tackle, who's gonna do that for us this year? Sure aint gonna be

Harry

How about antone smith, he does his best doesn't he.