Lets Be Real People... I've Been Confident In Falcons Teams With Way Less Talent On Them Than The 2012-12 Team Will

My confidence will not be shaken. I for one like the signings TD has made this year. Tatupu and Big Vince are going to save this team @ss loads of money for the future than they would have had if they resigned Lofton and went out and signed Nicks. Yes Vine is no where near as dominant as Nicks but he is talented and has a lot of veteran experience. Lofton was a fan favorite and he will be missed but he was a liability in coverage and never really became that impact player they had envisioned.

In my opinion this team is still very solid all around. Most of are players are still very young and are starting to combine their experience and natural talent. The secondary is solid with DeCoud and Moore at safety and Robinson and Grimes at CB. Spoon will lead the line backers and Tatupu if healthy can have a big impact. The defensive line has a nice rotation with Babs and Peters in the middle and Walker and Jerry rotating. I admit that I'm skeptical about the DEs like every else on the board. But they can still address that in the draft and who knows maybe one of the young guys steps up this year.

The offense is still loaded with Ryan, Roddy, Julio, Gonzalez, and Turner.. throw in some contributions by HD(So happy he's back) and Rogers and they can be dangerous to say the least.

The most important up grades of the off season by far were Nolan and Drik. I've been saying this for the past 2 years that the biggest problem of this team were Mularkey and BVG. The Falcons upgraded and I couldn't ask for more.... Well maybe Mario but that seems to not be happening.

To sum it all up I'm still very confident in this team and will be so as long as they are constantly looking to improve(which they did).

I don't even care. The front office is going to do whatever they do and i'm still going to be a fan of this team. I don't want to be a fan of another. I'm not going to agree with every move they make and they're not always going to make the right decision but they've made enough good decisions to get us atleast to the point that we're not the laughing stock of the NFL. I think i'll ride with what they decide till it looks like we're headed back to being a punchline.

one thing that peeps are missing is that are top DE Abe did not play in the game vs Green Bay but yet we held them to just two field goals at halftime. Had this coaching staff made the correct moves and adjustment at halftime we may have been fine.

But the key to my post is we did this without Abe being in the game, that along with some better coaching and game plan we may be OK.

would i like to see them add a player or two heck yes as I think we all would, but let's just sit back and see what happens

I said weeks ago that we might not be as talented as last year, but we will be a better team.

The progression of players like Julio, Rodgers, Hawley, Johnson, Sidbury and Franks is going to be key this year.

Other than Julio and Jaquizz, those guys are all worthless, no-talent scrubs who do not have NFL-level talent.

Edited by Big Rob 64

Guest Negatorris

So,,,i can write you down as saying that Manawai was the final piece to our Superbowl puzzle?

mmmk lol wink.png

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

You think one player would raise our SB ambition? **** coaching, right? You're basically saying this team doesn't have SB talent, which they do.

You think one player would raise our SB ambition? **** coaching, right? You're basically saying this team doesn't have SB talent, which they do.

You are a blind, desperate homer. You, and every single pathetic kool-ade drinker look just like this:

tumblr_m00nj1pCMa1r9x0sdo1_250.gif

Edited by Big Rob 64

I read the article you posted, full of one sided stats, but I have an example for you 2011 Jags, great defense, great running game, no wide recievers, what did they look like, and also ask Joe Montana and SteveYoung if they think Jerry Rice would have been worth multiple picks, I saw Jerry in live action toasting the birds secondary numerous times for 3 to 5 touchdowns, what it really takes is BALANCE to win a superbowl and playing as a team.

My confidence will not be shaken. I for one like the signings TD has made this year. Tatupu and Big Vince are going to save this team @ss loads of money for the future than they would have had if they resigned Lofton and went out and signed Nicks. Yes Vine is no where near as dominant as Nicks but he is talented and has a lot of veteran experience. Lofton was a fan favorite and he will be missed but he was a liability in coverage and never really became that impact player they had envisioned.

In my opinion this team is still very solid all around. Most of are players are still very young and are starting to combine their experience and natural talent. The secondary is solid with DeCoud and Moore at safety and Robinson and Grimes at CB. Spoon will lead the line backers and Tatupu if healthy can have a big impact. The defensive line has a nice rotation with Babs and Peters in the middle and Walker and Jerry rotating. I admit that I'm skeptical about the DEs like every else on the board. But they can still address that in the draft and who knows maybe one of the young guys steps up this year.

The offense is still loaded with Ryan, Roddy, Julio, Gonzalez, and Turner.. throw in some contributions by HD(So happy he's back) and Rogers and they can be dangerous to say the least.

The most important up grades of the off season by far were Nolan and Drik. I've been saying this for the past 2 years that the biggest problem of this team were Mularkey and BVG. The Falcons upgraded and I couldn't ask for more.... Well maybe Mario but that seems to not be happening.

To sum it all up I'm still very confident in this team and will be so as long as they are constantly looking to improve(which they did).

Looks like the coordinators were the main problem. We could still snag a couple solid mid level guys. Really think we need to look at Collins or McNeill to compete at LT. Sign Grimes as well.

If your only goal for the team is NOT to be the laughing stock of the NFL, then you should be satisfied. One would infer that your standard is mediocrity and that is the bar you have set for the team. I personally expect more from a team that claims to honestly want a Super Bowl - that is just my view.

I agree that no matter what that I will still root for the team even if I disagree with the moves management or the coaches make. That being said, I am not going to assume the team will do well, because honestly I don't. The good thing for me is that if the Falcons are mediocre or worse, than it will be no big deal since it is what I expected in the first place. If they do better, then I will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Objective Critic

honestly i am satisfied with what we have now. Yes we could use another pass rusher, but lets be honest. It hasn't been the players...it's been the coaching

I'm sorry i disagree....coaches don't line up and wiff on tackles , they don't be in the position time and tme again. Sometimes you have to except your personal is not talented

I'm sorry i disagree....coaches don't line up and wiff on tackles , they don't be in the position time and tme again. Sometimes you have to except your personal is not talented

Coaches also put their players in the best position to succeed, don't make cookie cutter game plans every week, and shrink their playbooks to limit mistakes in big games to the point of neutering the effectiveness of their units. Is some of the blame on the players? Sure. But the huge majority is deservedly put on the coaches.