Rapid Reports

Lowndesfalc

Report: FA KR Weems signs with Bears

by Knox Bardeen, CBSSports.com

KR Eric Weems has signed a three-year deal with Chicago, according to Fox Sports. Weems ranked 18th in the league last year with a 23.5-yard kick return average and caught 11 passes on offense. With the departure of Weems, CB Dominique Franks is the front-runner to take over return duties.

6 hours ago CBSSports.com

DT Walker gets tender offer

DT Vance Walker received a $1.26 million tender offer from the Falcons on Tuesday, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Walker played in all 16 regular-season games last season, logging two sacks, one forced fumble and 25 tackles.

19 hours ago CBSSports.com

Falcons agree to terms with WR Douglas

The Falcons and WR Harry Douglas have agreed to terms, the Falcons announced Tuesday. Douglas had one touchdown catch last season as the starting slot receiver and caught 39 passes for 498 yards, both career highs.

QB Redman returns to Falcons

QB Chris Redman has agreed to terms and will return to the Falcons, the team announced Tuesday. Redman has played in a backup role to QB Matt Ryan for four seasons and knows the Atlanta offense. He was 18 for 28 last season in five games for 188 yards.

Falcons retain WR Douglas

by Ron Clements, CBSSports.com

Falcons WR Harry Douglas, who the Rams expressed interest in, will remain with the Falcons. Douglas and the Falcons agreed on a four-year deal worth $10.5 million. Douglas tweeted, "Looks like I will be staying in Atlanta...Home sweet home..."

19 hours ago CBSSports.comhttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/ATL

Guest Fibonacci

Ill be happy if we resign abe still. It just means we better get really serious about finding our future right end and it better be soon.

yes resign abe from the falcons and not re-sign abe with the falcons. I agree. LOL

Edited by Fibonacci

Ehh Its Dled.............

That said he is my first choice.

He is IMO the best returner available, and like grimes can be a nice 4th/5th option wr

I'd actually be thrilled to have Ginn as our kick returner. But I wouldn't want him as our 4th option at WR -- let Meier finally get some on-the-field action.

The 49ers probably lost the NFC Championship because they had to play Kyle Williams at returner instead of Ginn.