Sometimes Thursday Comes Early! Baton Bob Is Back!

HolyMoses

Since it's Thursday, I'll tell you. The kind of goober that has no gut and likes to subtly remind us all that he's in phenomenal shape.

Awe shucks! If we ever revisit the message board gay recruitment dance, I know who I'm asking!

Actually, even on casual days, I think it's unprofessional not to have your shirt tucked in at the office. Plus probably a little of what Kicker said, even though I'm still 5-10 pounds over race weight. I've always thought vanity ("pride") was the most foregivable of the 7 deadly sins.

Of course, I'm kind of partial to glutiny.

And like president Carter, I'm not a stranger to lust .....

Now that I think about it:

Sloth: especially in the off season

Greed: I'm a lawyer!!!

Wrath? I've been banded .....

Envy: every time I see a Boxster

Thank God I'm Jewish.

A plague on both your houses.

Trust me, dude. Most of my friends are lawyers. A huge majority. There is a plague.

You know those times in life when you say somehting, or express and opinion, and the person you're talking to says 'Yeah, totally', and you both nod and sip your beer? Relish those moments, because I NEVER have them. Instead, I hear 'True, but you could also say that...', or 'That might be the case, but have you ever considered...'.

Then they sip their beer and I chug mine.

Envy: every time I see a Boxster

Thank God I'm Jewish.

The Sopranos - Season 4 Episode 1: "All Debts Public and Private"

(Dinner at Tony Soprano household)

Ralphie: Anthony, I ever tell you about the time I had a Harley?

Anthony: Whoa, cool.

Ralphie: '74, shovel-head. I could blow off Porsches on that thing.

Matt: Not my dad's Boxster.

Ralphie: What's your name ?

Matt: Matt.

Ralphie: Matt, no offense, but your dad's Boxster is Porsche with panties. Aw, he knows what I'm sayin'. I mean, that's for the Hamptons, the Boxster. I'm talkin' Turbo-Carrera. One time I'm alongside this Turbo with doctor plates. We come off the line, he's got this big Jew grin. You're not Jewish are you, Matt ?

Matt: Half.

Ralphie: Anyway, he knows it's all in fun. We hit the intersection of Passaic Avenue and New Dutch Lane, we're doin' 110. Boom ! Right through the light. He wasn't grinnin' then, boy. I look back. He's white as false teeth.

Trust me, dude. Most of my friends are lawyers. A huge majority. There is a plague.

You know those times in life when you say somehting, or express and opinion, and the person you're talking to says 'Yeah, totally', and you both nod and sip your beer? Relish those moments, because I NEVER have them. Instead, I hear 'True, but you could also say that...', or 'That might be the case, but have you ever considered...'.

Then they sip their beer and I chug mine.

That beats my Friday night. He're an excerpt of last Friday night.

Dr. (Mrs.) Kicker: My last case today was on a 13 week old with congenital blah blah blah blah blah.

kicker: [blink] Waiter, could I have another jack and coke?

Friend one (and coworker of Dr. kicker): oh really!!!!!! what was your approach? How man blah blah blah did you use? Was the blah blah blah blah blah?

Wife of friend one and nurse: I cleaned up poop from an 80 year old man today.

kicker: Umm WAITER! Points to empty J&C.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sopranos - Season 4 Episode 1: "All Debts Public and Private"

(Dinner at Tony Soprano household)

Ralphie: Anthony, I ever tell you about the time I had a Harley?

Anthony: Whoa, cool.

Ralphie: '74, shovel-head. I could blow off Porsches on that thing.

Matt: Not my dad's Boxster.

Ralphie: What's your name ?

Matt: Matt.

Ralphie: Matt, no offense, but your dad's Boxster is Porsche with panties. Aw, he knows what I'm sayin'. I mean, that's for the Hamptons, the Boxster. I'm talkin' Turbo-Carrera. One time I'm alongside this Turbo with doctor plates. We come off the line, he's got this big Jew grin. You're not Jewish are you, Matt ?

Matt: Half.

Ralphie: Anyway, he knows it's all in fun. We hit the intersection of Passaic Avenue and New Dutch Lane, we're doin' 110. Boom ! Right through the light. He wasn't grinnin' then, boy. I look back. He's white as false teeth.

Good stuff. I'm a handling guy more than an engine guy. There is also something less pretentious about the Boxster that I appreciate. If I had my 'druthers, I'd just drive my Miata forever, but I'm going to be in a situation where our third car is going to be my first car more regularly. I need something I can drive clients in and not feel shame.

Good stuff. I'm a handling guy more than an engine guy. There is also something less pretentious about the Boxster that I appreciate. If I had my 'druthers, I'd just drive my Miata forever, but I'm going to be in a situation where our third car is going to be my first car more regularly. I need something I can drive clients in and not feel shame.

Become a defense lawyer and keep the Miata.

We have the opposite problem when it comes to cars and clients. They have to be nice and clean. And sensible. You don't want to pick up clients in a 7 series or an S class. They'll think they're paying you too much.