Its Just Too Funny.

vdove0926

Not to long ago this team was said to have had the talent to take us to a SB and win it according to some.

Not to long ago the real problem with this team was the OC and DC.

Now we have a new DC, a new OC, and a new O-line coach but this team somehow has gotten worse.

For all we know we have the right 5 guys to run DK's offense and keep Matt protected. Let this thing play out. I believe a lot of you are under estimating Sid as well. He may not be some all pro but the guy can get 4 sacks off of his speed alone, now we let a guy like Nolan move him around and we got a guy that can get 6 plus sacks.

We will still bring in someone I believe but the best thing is to let as many good players compete in front of Nolan and DK as possible and let them mold the offense and defense.

Not to long ago this team was said to have had the talent to take us to a SB and win it according to some.

Now we have a new DC, a new OC, and a new O-line coach but this team somehow has gotten worse.

For all we know we have the right 5 guys to run DK's offense and keep Matt protected. Let this thing play out. I believe a lot of you are under estimating Sid as well. He may not be some all pro but the guy can get 4 sacks off of his speed alone, now we let a guy like Nolan move him around and we got a guy that can get 6 plus sacks.

We will still bring in someone I believe but the best thing is to let as many good players compete in front of Nolan and DK as possible and let them mold the offense and defense.

We don't have a reliable pass rusher right now, all we have is hope for Sid to turn into a monster, but what if he doesn't?

We don't have a reliable pass rusher right now, all we have is hope for Sid to turn into a monster, but what if he doesn't?

Then we will miss playoffs, Author Blank will have that same tired *** press conference on how it's unexceptable, they will promise the fanbase drastic changes, and do nothing in FA and blame we were never huge players, claim they like to build thru draft....blah,blah,blah, then it starts over. As a Falcon fan I'm use to this, that's why I laugh at everyone that's getting upset cause we are not doing anything in FA. We are slowly turning to the Hawks just like Churnoff said on 680 the fan, stuck in the middle. All you can do is laugh

If he doesnt then well now we know, we cant always be afraid of letting young guys grow up. And if he doesnt then with this tv deal the cap number should go up and we can make a run at someone else.

Will Sid turn out? I dont know but I do know he has a better chance of turning into that guy with Nolan than he did with BVG.

I've been buying in to some of the fears as well. but, I think your right screen passes and a less predicatalbe offense will be huge in protecting Matt and non-predictable blitzing packages along with jamming recievers at the line will give us great results on defense.

I still have the jitters though with losing some of our long term mainstay guys

If he doesnt then well now we know, we cant always be afraid of letting young guys grow up. And if he doesnt then with this tv deal the cap number should go up and we can make a run at someone else.

Will Sid turn out? I dont know but I do know he has a better chance of turning into that guy with Nolan than he did with BVG.

Why is everyone thinking Nolan is some kind of miracle healer? People make it seem like he can turn no talent into probowlers overnight..........wakeup people

I've been buying in to some of the fears as well. but, I think your right screen passes and a less predicatalbe offense will be huge in protecting Matt and non-predictable blitzing packages along with jamming recievers at the line will give us great results on defense.

I still have the jitters though with losing some of our long term mainstay guys

And you should have jitters but like you pointed out there are many things that we can and will do with the talent we already have to help this team out.

We don't even know if Sid will be the starter anyways, more then likely it would be Kroy.

People want to see improvement across the board. Honestly here's how we stand right now vs last year:

OC: Downgrade (ya we didn't like Mularkey but Koetter really has a terrible track record in recent years)

DC: Upgrade

O-line coach: ???

DE: Downgrade (losing Abe with no replacement)

O-line: Wash. New samoan is an upgrade but losing McClure is a downgrade.

Why does it matter what track record he had? things will be completely different here, you nor I have no clue if he will be better or worse.

The fact is we have new coaches and we will find out about them good or bad next season but you cant judge off of track record. For all we know Nolan will fall flat here.

We don't even know if Sid will be the starter anyways, more then likely it would be Kroy.

More than likely you dont know that and neither do I. We have no clue what the plans are for this defense, thats why its imnpossible for us to put a finger on any one guy we could pick up in FA.

OK, name the players that has talent?

Go to the roster and pick out every guy on the D. They all have talent, is talent the same as producing? Nope sure isnt but if Sid with Nolan all of a sudden busts out a 8 sack year did he all of a sudden get talent or has he alwasy had it and it took the right system/coach to get it out of him.

Dont confuse talent and production, all of these guys have talent and if let go everyone of our starters would be a starter on another team.

Go to the roster and pick out every guy on the D. They all have talent, is talent the same as producing? Nope sure isnt but if Sid with Nolan all of a sudden busts out a 8 sack year did he all of a sudden get talent or has he alwasy had it and it took the right system/coach to get it out of him.

Dont confuse talent and production, all of these guys have talent and if let go everyone of our starters would be a starter on another team.

Ok, name anybody now on the D with production? Bierman will not be a starter anywhere else, Decoud wouldn't be a starter anywhere else, Sidbury is a project at best, Tatupu?? no comment....Robinson? shouldn't be a starter, Owens? Shouldn't be on a NFL roster. Weatherspoon, William Moore, and maybe Edwards (and thats a huge maybe) are considered worth a dam.n on this defense. So good luck to Nolan, if he turns that into a respectable defense I would eat hella crow.

More than likely you dont know that and neither do I. We have no clue what the plans are for this defense, thats why its imnpossible for us to put a finger on any one guy we could pick up in FA.

Problem is, I don't see us picking up anybody in FA. I think we are done. But your right, we don't know who will be the new start but I do believe that Kroy seems more likely to be the starter for us.

Edited by Skar