This Board Is Pathetic

vel

Everybody is b*tching and throwing hissy fits like FA is over. 24 hours haven't even elapsed and you guys are jumping ship or shouting for 6-10 or other absurd predictions. FA JUST STARTED! Do you want to be the team that gives Garcon a $40MM contract or Eric Wright a $37MM contract? No? Well that's what signing players on Day 1 brings you.

Whether you like it or not, TD has signed his RG so there will be no RGs signed in FA. We may see a LT brought in, but that's it for the OLine. Hawley is the Center so get over it.

As for DLine, we may see Soliai or Langford, with Langford being the front runner of the two as of now apparently (Plus, with NE signing Fanene, Langford is between us and the Broncos). Neither of those need to be signed on Day 1 as they don't have many suitors and would be overpaid as Day 1 signings. Plus, Abe and even Kamerion Wimbley are still available so come off the right side.

What other positions are there to be filled through FA? None. Most of the players signed so far are WRs, which we don't need, Corners, which we have already, and Nicks, who was never coming to Atlanta. There are more teams who haven't signed anybody than there are than have. Just because there isn't any speculation about some random name in Flowery Branch doesn't mean this team is doomed for the 2012 season. If FA made or broke teams, the Redskins/Eagles would have won more SBs and the Packers/Steelers would have been bottom dwellers.

Let TD do his thing at his pace. He gives 2 f*cks about what this board or what the fans are saying/whining about FA so far. I will bet anything we field a better them in September than you see right now. That's like whining about seeing a half finished Mona Lisa because you can't tell what it is and nobody is giving you hints/clue as to what the final product is going to be. Give me a break

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted to write something like this, but I could'nt be bothered glad someone did tho, +1 for sure, I just wrote on twitter that i would be happy with Soliai and wimbley on defense and an OT. Realistically we probably address one of those positions in the draft. But, again good job on the post.

Can't argue a single word... nice post. I'm not patient enough to write what I feel in detail, but this about sums it up. Even if we had the cap to overspend I wouldn't want us to. Great player examples btw, and I don't see how teams like the Redskins are still able to keep spending like that.

Come on Vel man it is a message board. People are gonna react differently to different things. I for one was expecting the Falcons to go after players like Nicks in Free agency. After Blank gave that speech about basically not settling for mediocrity, I was expecting more. When we get the dog sh*it kicked out of us in our last two playoff games and this is how we come out, what do you expect from many fans? There were some top names out there on the offensive and defensive lines and we are letting a few of them pass. I know the draft isn't over and we may still do a good job, but after the last two seasons we didn't fix any of our gaping holes, so why should we be so sure that they will be addressed this year?

We are just fans, and we come to the message boards to express our opinions. I hope you are right on your opinion of us fielding a better team this September. I just hope we don't put the same team on the field that we have for the past 3 years.

Remember when Blank was so pizzed off at the post-season conference?

Yeah....

Well, where's the upgrades? Where's the players that are going to bring him (and us) a Lombardi? We cant afford to sign Abe, or even get a real replacement for his position anywhere except the draft which equals "please have patience...this is going to take some time".

The writing is on the wall.

Im not crying about it, because i'm not in denial. I see what's coming and i'm pizzed off about it.

That whole angry press conference 'we're-all-about-rings-now' attitude was a big pile of steaming bull doo.

They feed us one thing and then present us with another round of the same old crap we've been seeing.

if they were all about rings they would've re-signed our guys, brought in Mario Williams and Gaither, and called it a day, or at least made an effort to do something.

No, i'm not happy about it. And i've got a right not to be happy. You can settle for mediocrity if you want.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

Yeah....

Well, where's the upgrades? Where's the players that are going to bring him (and us) a Lombardi? We cant afford to sign Abe, or even get a real replacement for his position anywhere except the draft which equals "please have patience...this is going to take some time".

Im not crying about it, because i'm not in denial. I see what's coming and i'm pizzed off about it.

That whole angry press conference 'we're-all-about-rings-now' attitude was a big pile of steaming bull doo.

They feed us one thing and then present us with another round of the same old crap we've been seeing.

if they were all about rings they would've re-signed our guys, brought in Mario Williams and Gaither, and called it a day, or at least made an effort to do something.

No, i'm not happy it. And i've got a right not to be happy. You can settle for mediocrity if you want.

You are on a roll today!!!

Yeah....

No, i'm not happy it. And i've got a right not to be happy. You can settle for mediocrity if you want.

Maybe they feel we have the talent in place and that the coaching was the problem...

Yeah....

Quit watching. Very simpe solution to all of your anger and tears.

Come on Vel man it is a message board. People are gonna react differently to different things. I for one was expecting the Falcons to go after players like Nicks in Free agency. After Blank gave that speech about basically not settling for mediocrity, I was expecting more. When we get the dog sh*it kicked out of us in our last two playoff games and this is how we come out, what do you expect from many fans? There were some top names out there on the offensive and defensive lines and we are letting a few of them pass. I know the draft isn't over and we may still do a good job, but after the last two seasons we didn't fix any of our gaping holes, so why should we be so sure that they will be addressed this year?

We are just fans, and we come to the message boards to express our opinions. I hope you are right on your opinion of us fielding a better team this September.

I know this is a message board but seriously, does EVERYBODY need to start a thread about their displeasure about the first 24 hours of FA? I mean even when Swift becomes a voice of reason, you know it's bad. I wouldn't mind if it was just one or two threads that were 6-8 pages long. But multiple threads, especially for us working people who can come on here for maybe 10 minutes at a time to find out new information and all I see is whining and b*tching. About what? Because Nicks is no longer available? That's really the only player worth anything that we could have signed, but we already signed Manuwai so I don't understand why people thought we were ever going to sign Nicks. Gaither was never leaving SD. Mincey was never leaving JAX. What have I missed? Williams hasn't signed yet, even though it looks like he is going to BUF for an insane amount of money. Did you want Williams at that price? Not at all.

So realistically, what are people complaining about? Nicks, Gaither, and Mincey are the only OL/DL guys we probably could have gotten and 2 of 3 stayed with their teams. That's why I don't understand the complaining. I'd see if they visited FB and then Blank let them leave and they sign elsewhere. But 2 of the 3 guys that could have helped never left their team's facility and the third went straight to where the money was flowing.

Maybe they feel we have the talent in place and that the coaching was the problem...

Yeah, well alot of that talent is walking out the door.

I love the coaching changes, dont get me wrong.

But i havent seen one move made yet to improve this team into taking that next step towards a Lombardi. In fact, i see the exact opposite.

People are upset because of other fans are complaining, but i'm tired of watching all our rivals somehow magically pull cap money out of thier azzes to improve thier teams and upgrade thier weak spots while we sit doing nothing.

I know this is a message board but seriously, does EVERYBODY need to start a thread about their displeasure about the first 24 hours of FA? I mean even when Swift becomes a voice of reason, you know it's bad. I wouldn't mind if it was just one or two threads that were 6-8 pages long. But multiple threads, especially for us working people who can come on here for maybe 10 minutes at a time to find out new information and all I see is whining and b*tching. About what? Because Nicks is no longer available? That's really the only player worth anything that we could have signed, but we already signed Manuwai so I don't understand why people thought we were ever going to sign Nicks. Gaither was never leaving SD. Mincey was never leaving JAX. What have I missed? Williams hasn't signed yet, even though it looks like he is going to BUF for an insane amount of money. Did you want Williams at that price? Not at all.

So realistically, what are people complaining about? Nicks, Gaither, and Mincey are the only OL/DL guys we probably could have gotten and 2 of 3 stayed with their teams. That's why I don't understand the complaining. I'd see if they visited FB and then Blank let them leave and they sign elsewhere. But 2 of the 3 guys that could have helped never left their team's facility and the third went straight to where the money was flowing.

The people complaining can't even give you a reason why they are complaining. They complain about TD not signing overpriced FAs and on the same hand they cry about TD overpaying Dunta. It's clear that the majority of the people on this board cry just to cry.

But i havent seen one move made yet to improve this team into taking that next step towards a Lombardi. In fact, i see the exact opposite.

People are upset because of other fans are complaining, but i'm tired of watching all our rivals somehow magically pull cap money out of thier azzes to improve thier teams and upgrade thier weak spots while we sit doing nothing.

Tampa has had 40+ mil in cap space since last year. It's not magic because you can't keep up with it.

You know why they had so much money? BECAUSE THEY HAD NO TALENT. They did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in FA last year other than resigning their own players (overpaying I might add)

Everybody is b*tching and throwing hissy fits like FA is over. 24 hours haven't even elapsed and you guys are jumping ship or shouting for 6-10 or other absurd predictions. FA JUST STARTED! Do you want to be the team that gives Garcon a $40MM contract or Eric Wright a $37MM contract? No? Well that's what signing players on Day 1 brings you.

Whether you like it or not, TD has signed his RG so there will be no RGs signed in FA. We may see a LT brought in, but that's it for the OLine. Hawley is the Center so get over it.

As for DLine, we may see Soliai or Langford, with Langford being the front runner of the two as of now apparently (Plus, with NE signing Fanene, Langford is between us and the Broncos). Neither of those need to be signed on Day 1 as they don't have many suitors and would be overpaid as Day 1 signings. Plus, Abe and even Kamerion Wimbley are still available so come off the right side.

What other positions are there to be filled through FA? None. Most of the players signed so far are WRs, which we don't need, Corners, which we have already, and Nicks, who was never coming to Atlanta. There are more teams who haven't signed anybody than there are than have. Just because there isn't any speculation about some random name in Flowery Branch doesn't mean this team is doomed for the 2012 season. If FA made or broke teams, the Redskins/Eagles would have won more SBs and the Packers/Steelers would have been bottom dwellers.

Let TD do his thing at his pace. He gives 2 f*cks about what this board or what the fans are saying/whining about FA so far. I will bet anything we field a better them in September than you see right now. That's like whining about seeing a half finished Mona Lisa because you can't tell what it is and nobody is giving you hints/clue as to what the final product is going to be. Give me a break

As I stated, fans have every right to complain when the team hasn't done anything to improve themselves yet. Don't like these type of topics then don't bother reading them. Simple as that.

A lot of what talent? Lofton is the only one that will be gone. Abe still has a spot on the roster if he wants it. TD is calling Abe's bluffing on wanting $12MM. Help me on what other "talent" has walked out the door so far because clearly I'm missing all of it.

The Saints haven't done anything but resign Colston. They lost Nicks and have brought Grubbs in to visit but is it 100% he signs? No. The only team that has done anything is TB and they need it to revive a broken franchise/fanbase. Signing all of those FAs brings instant excitement, but not instant wins. Ask Philly. The Packers sit quiet during FA and kill every year when it counts. Nicks is good, Jackson is solid, but signing Eric Wright for $37.5MM is stupid. But I guess that's better than nothing right?

Guest Gritz

Just speaking for myself, I try and not get too wrapped up in hopes of acquiring any one individual player....

With all of the varying factors at play that can keep a guy from becoming a Falcon, that is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I look at the team....where our obvious areas of need are and what I think we need to do to address that need.

We have an anemic pass rush and something resembling a black hole at LT....and to a lesser degree at RG.

We haven't done anything yet to address the pass rush or the LT spot. I don't know that we will. A couple of years ago we started the season with glaring holes at corner. Dimitroff spackled over the problem by picking up Brian Williams from JAX right as the regular season started.

My confidence in Dimitroff is slipping a bit.

That concerns me a great deal.

As I stated, fans have every right to complain when the team hasn't done anything to improve themselves yet. Don't like these type of topics then don't bother reading them. Simple as that.

I'm not reading them. I have to read the title to see if anything new happened. When you see the same type of title over and over again, it gets annoying. That's why I said I wouldn't mind if they were like 6- pages long, but when it's a bunch of 1-2 page threads of the same thing, it's pathetic. I get on here during the day to see if anything new has happened. All I see is a bunch of cry babies because TD hasn't signed anybody and because TD hasn't signed anybody in the first 24 hours of FA, we are now a terrible team with a myriad of holes on the roster and will be doomed to 8-8 at best.

Just speaking for myself, I try and not get too wrapped up in hopes of acquiring any one individual player....

With all of the varying factors at play that can keep a guy from becoming a Falcon, that is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I look at the team....where our obvious areas of need are and what I think we need to do to address that need.

We have an anemic pass rush and something resembling a black hole at LT....and to a lesser degree at RG.

We haven't done anything yet to address the pass rush or the LT spot. I don't know that we will. A couple of years ago we started the season with glaring holes at corner. Dimitroff spackled over the problem by picking up Brian Williams from JAX right as the regular season started.

My confidence in Dimitroff is slipping a bit.

That concerns me a great deal.

Fair enough and I don't mind these explanations. It's the irrationality that is annoying. You said yet which is a point people are missing. I think to judge TD on how he handled things in the past isn't fair. His hands were tied until last year with the moves he could make. Corner was so depleted that he couldn't sink enough resources into it to fix it until now with Franks developing and Owens and Walls as good depth. So he had to keep getting last minute CBs. But that's part of developing a roster that was devoid of talent and depth in 08. I think the instant success in 08 made expectations higher than they should have been. This roster was managed well for what it really was.

Give him time. There really are only 2 holes that TD can address with FA: LT and DLine. He signed Manuwai so the only other RG we may see will be a rookie. We can add Soliai, Langford, Wimbley, or bring back Abe for the DLine and add more through the draft. But 24 hours doesn't seal your fate. You know that and I know that. It's those many that seem to not grasp that, but then point and laugh at the Redskins/Eagles when they drown during the season with their Off Season Champs trophy.

I'm not reading them. I have to read the title to see if anything new happened. When you see the same type of title over and over again, it gets annoying. That's why I said I wouldn't mind if they were like 6- pages long, but when it's a bunch of 1-2 page threads of the same thing, it's pathetic. I get on here during the day to see if anything new has happened. All I see is a bunch of cry babies because TD hasn't signed anybody and because TD hasn't signed anybody in the first 24 hours of FA, we are now a terrible team with a myriad of holes on the roster and will be doomed to 8-8 at best.

It's a message board, you should be expecting this.