To Everybody Worrying About The Bucs Upgrading...

don't be.

They've overpaid for almost every player they've signed for the past two years.

Over 10 mil a year for Vjax? The dude has never broken 1200 yards or double digit TDs. He's making more than Roddy for example....

Almost 10 mil a year for Nicks?? Last year they just signed Davin Joseph to a 7.5 mil a year contract last year. They now have 17.5 mil + a year tied up in the OG position.

Last year they signed Michael Koenan to a 6 year 20 mil a year contract. Almost 3 year a mil for a punter!

Last year they signed Donald Penn OT to a 6 yr/43 mil contract. That's 7.1 mil a year.

Now lets look at the Falcons last few signings/resignings

Justin Blalock 6yr/38 mil or 6.3 mil a year. That's 1.2 mil less a year than their Davin Joseph signing

Tyson Clabo 5yr/25 mil or 5 mil a year. This is 2.1 mil a year less than Donald freakin Penn

Roddy White 6yr/50 mil or 8.3 mil a year. This is 1.8 mil a year cheaper than Vincent freakin Jackson

Sure, the Bucs have spent money for talent, but they've overpaid for every single bit of it.....

lmao bro dont kid yourself. Just cause VJax has never broken 1200 yards doesnt mean hes not a huge threat on the field. Numbers arent everything. Also you bring up the money thing with Nicks but bottom line....dude is prob the best guard in the league. Even if the chemistry isn't there you can't deny the talent the Buccs have been bringing in.

lmao bro dont kid yourself. Just cause VJax has never broken 1200 yards doesnt mean hes not a huge threat on the field. Numbers arent everything. Also you bring up the money thing with Nicks but bottom line....dude is prob the best guard in the league. Even if the chemistry isn't there you can't deny the talent the Buccs have been bringing in.

You don't spend 1/5 of your cap space on the OG position and a punter which is exactly what they are doing. I knew Nicks was going to get that much, but they overpaid for Joseph heavily.

Redskins spend huge in FA every year. How do they do?

Eagles spent huge in FA last year. How did they do?

ATL has too many cry baby fans,

The Bucs how gotten better. Our team is better still. We have gotten closer to the Saints, they lost Nicks and are prob going to be losing alot more when this punishment comes from the NFL offices. I believe the div is our to win next year. I also believe the coaches we have in place may be enough for us to make a run in the playoffs. Wee shall see though.

You don't spend 1/5 of your cap space on the OG position and a punter which is exactly what they are doing. I knew Nicks was going to get that much, but they overpaid for Joseph heavily.

Redskins spend huge in FA every year. How do they do?

Eagles spent huge in FA last year. How did they do?

ATL has too many cry baby fans,

lol you cant base the Redskins & Eagles off of the Tampa organization. Maybe time will tell, but i mean cmon. They havent even played together once yet.

Edited by MrJay

I don't think anyone has actually expressed any concern over these signings. We are merely stating Division rival business, because in theory, it makes their team better.

But they are still the Sucs. If they don't shore up their Linebackers, their D is still going to suck, and Freeman looked like a deer in headlights last year.

Not worried, so much as jealous they are actually making moves.. but they again, they had a shitload of cap space so it was a no-brainer it was going to happen.

Even though Vincent Jackson has not broken 1200 yards he is still a beast of a wide receiver and most likely will be able to tear up the current secondary we have with the Falcons. Our secondary and pass rush is to weak for our division for us to think we can just out score people when we can barely keep Matt Ryan off the ground. Hope to see some moves soon for the Falcons on defense.

Tell me what they've done that indicates that they are anywhere close instead of crying your eyes out for no reason.

Tell me what we have done that indicates that we are anywhere close? In this day of free agency team can do a total turnaround from year to year. I hope this is not the case for the Sucs, but it happens.

Tell me what they've done that indicates that they are anywhere close instead of crying your eyes out for no reason.

They beat us last year without the talent they just signed and half of thier 1st round defensive talent on the sidelines with injuries.

And who's crying? I'm laughing at your false sense of security and obvious arrogance.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

They beat us last year without the talent they just signed and half of thier 1st round defensive talent on the sidelines with injuries.

And who's crying? I'm laughing at your false sense of security and obvious arrogance.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

Even though Vincent Jackson has not broken 1200 yards he is still a beast of a wide receiver and most likely will be able to tear up the current secondary we have with the Falcons. Our secondary and pass rush is to weak for our division for us to think we can just out score people when we can barely keep Matt Ryan off the ground. Hope to see some moves soon for the Falcons on defense.

Good post