Apparently I Suck At Predictions.....here Is My Next One: Falcons To Sign Lt-Marcus Mcneill (Just Cut By Chargers)

g-dawg

there you go......We are trying to continue the trend of signing only injured players that missed most of 2011 season - the only one left - Marcus McNeill.

The only downside is he is not Samoan........Falcons were interested in the Samoan Nose Tackle - Paul Soliai - but when they realized he was healthy last year their was an argument in the Flowery Branch room.

Finally it was decided that being on the IR in 2011 was more important than the race of the individual.

Therefore: Marcus McNeill > Paul Soliai

Marcus-McNeill.jpg

Love the sarcasm.

It seems to be this FO's defining reason for signing/drafting a player -

"Have you ever had a major injury or are you bothered by nagging injuries that may threaten your career? Yes? And you didnt play in the NFL last year? You're hired!!" lol

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

Love the sarcasm.

It seems to be this FO's defining reason for signing/drafting a player -

"Have you ever had a major injury or are you bothered by nagging injuries that may threaten your career? Yes? And you didnt play in the NFL last year? You're hired!!" lol

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

laugh.png , Don't forget can you give us top player production at a bargain price?

I placed this on another thread. Make sure to read the date.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/02/26/falcons-smith-would-be-very-comfortable-with-baker

How comfortable would they be heading into next season with Baker as their starting left tackle?

"Very comfortable," head coach Mike Smith told PFW Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I thought Sam had his best year (in 2010). This (past) season, unfortunately, he got injured and had to have a procedure done and missed some time. We're looking forward to having Sam back. Sam's very resilient and has fought through a lot of injuries through his first three years."

Make sure you read that next paragraph under that one up there.

http://www.profootba...able-with-baker

How comfortable would they be heading into next season with Baker as their starting left tackle?

"Very comfortable," head coach Mike Smith told PFW Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I thought Sam had his best year (in 2010). This (past) season, unfortunately, he got injured and had to have a procedure done and missed some time. We're looking forward to having Sam back. Sam's very resilient and has fought through a lot of injuries through his first three years."

It kills me to hear him say "games are won and lost in the trenches" then have him also say he's confident in Sam Baker's abilities. How does Smith watch this kid from the sidelines and think that he's a starting LT? You know it's nice that Dirk Koetter wants to go vertical and all, but with our offensive line the way it is now, MR will be on IR by Week 5. Going vertical obviously takes time, and if the protection isn't there, we've all seen how MR starts acting when pressure's coming.

http://www.profootba...able-with-baker

Can't read too much into that. Smith was saying good things about JA98 before he got cut- he never criticizes a player in public. If they sign McNeil, their next move is to cut Baker.

And Dwag- they signed players they could when they signed the Samoans, doesn't mean they won't sign a good player.

Can't read too much into that. Smith was saying good things about JA98 before he got cut- he never criticizes a player in public. If they sign McNeil, their next move is to cut Baker.

And Dwag- they signed players they could when they signed the Samoans, doesn't mean they won't sign a good player.

Nah the year JA98 got cut he said nothing at all. In fact JA98 was here a while. Just cut last year. I doubt seriously that Same is going anywhere. Smith was harping about Sam's injuries. You KNOW how much they love injured players.

My prediction is that Sam Baker is gonna get Ryan hurt real bad and or cause Smith his job next year. Also, that we are gonna go into the regular season with the same gaping holes while the rest of the NFC south will get better.

If Matt Ryan gets hurt due to the Left Tackle continuously being beat - then if Mike Smith/Dimitroff lose their jobs, it will be justice.

Going into 2012 with Svitek/Baker as your left tackles - that is just stupid.

My waaaaaaaaaaay off prediction....

We are secretly the leader for Peyton Manning, will trade Ryan and Baker for Mario Williams, turn around and trade him for Washington's three first rounders they just gave the Rams, draft RG3, trade him to Denver for Tebow, send him to Jacksonville for MJD, and then send Turner and Manning to Buffalo for Baker and Ryan.

And then officially change mascots with Jacksonville to become the Georgia Jaguars.