Maybe Its The Coaching!

ive been one to say, sign this guy or sign that guy...... ive been a guy that said TD is a God, and TD is a BUM.... why does it seem like every year we are 1 player away.. 09 "GET RYAN A TE AND THATS A SB WINNING TEAM..." we get TG88. 2010, "man with that defense all they need is a shut down corner to put themover the top" we get Dunta. 2011(a) "explosive players are what the falcons need" WE trade up to get JJ. 2011(b.) DE is the missing link to the falcons" Ray edwards signs....... Maybe we just need a coach that isnt so nice and doesnt wanna turn this team to the Atlanta Jaguars!!!

i know not who we'll sign this FA period, but if we dont win a playoff game i know who will sign next year....... a new Coach!!

Edited by falconfanEST1989

About??!!

I wouldn't and don't care - some people just post without providing any real feedback or insight, no sense in furthering his uselessness.

[EDIT]

btw, I'd like to add that I don't share the OP's sentiments about the Atlanta Jaguars and some of the other nonsense, I just believe that while Mike Smith has done a good regular season job, these things are just inevidable - look at M Shottenheimer (SP?) ATl will bring in a John Gruden or coach of that ilk to try and stimulate some playoff success, it may not actually work but you know good and well it wouldn't be the first time a team has had this approach.

Edited by Kizu_7

Unleess I miss my guess, looks like we're pretty much entering this season with basically the same roster. 99pct of folks here blame the past coaching as to the reason for inadequate play against quality/playoff opponents, guess when we fall flat, this crutch we be removed.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Unleess I miss my guess, looks like we're pretty much entering this season with basically the same roster. 99pct of folks here blame the past coaching as to the reason for inadequate play against quality/playoff opponents, guess when we fall flat, this crutch we be romoved.

We won't fall flat if we get some beef on the lines, throw some screens and get the defense coached up and quit that soft zone crap! I'd love to see a playoff win and some convincing road victories.

4 best years in a row this franchise has ever had and we are ready to throw our hc and gm out the door. how many years was bill cowher the coach in pittsburgh before they won the super bowl? 14 years, that's how many, and y'all are ready to run the best we ever had out the door after 4.

and before someone says "well he won a playoff game sooner than that," if you don't win the whole thing who cares. 31 teams are going to be disappointed every single year. even if arthur wants them gone if we don't win a playoff game next year, he will give them a year or two more just because of the excuse that the team needs time to grow with the new oc and dc.

i hope mike smith wins it all next year or even a playoff game or two so he can stay out of these dumbass conversations. i hope nolan wants to be our monte kiffen and coaches the atlanta d for the next 12 years with no aspirations of wanting to be a hc again.

4 best years in a row this franchise has ever had and we are ready to throw our hc and gm out the door. how many years was bill cowher the coach in pittsburgh before they won the super bowl? 14 years, that's how many, and y'all are ready to run the best we ever had out the door after 4.

and before someone says "well he won a playoff game sooner than that," if you don't win the whole thing who cares. 31 teams are going to be disappointed every single year. even if arthur wants them gone if we don't win a playoff game next year, he will give them a year or two more just because of the excuse that the team needs time to grow with the new oc and dc.

i hope mike smith wins it all next year or even a playoff game or two so he can stay out of these dumbass conversations. i hope nolan wants to be our monte kiffen and coaches the atlanta d for the next 12 years with no aspirations of wanting to be a hc again.

I'd much rather have playoff wins sprinkled in on the way to a SB championship. Besides, we should've had one by now (playoff win). No excuses.

News Flash: Nothing in life (including the NFL) is a guarantee. I'm happy we're not bottom feeders anymore, and I know that we finally have an owner that's committed to winning. We are one of 32 teams, and still very new considering the post-vick atomic age, so continue crying I will have faith. Even if it doesn't happen this year I know we're setup for success in the long run... not many teams can claim that.

Here's something you can control though... show up for games, because it looks pathetic in there almost every home game. ****, real fans show up in the other teams house (See: Green Bay for instructions & tips)

I'd much rather have playoff wins sprinkled in on the way to a SB championship. Besides, we should've had one by now (playoff win). No excuses.

i'd much rather have playoff wins too, but if you don't win it all it really doesn't matter. just means you get knocked out a little bit later and get a worse draft pick but you still have no ring to show for it.

how many great franchises have you seen throughout the years that rotated coaches every 4 years? you can say tampa won with gruden but tony dungy built that team up for him during his 6 years prior, that and they didn't keep winning. i just want a sustained winning team year in and year out that you feel has just as good a chance as anybody else to win it all.

you have to build a culture and atlanta's has been putrid most of their existence. give the guys that are smarter than us about football a chance to right their wrongs before we are calling for them to be fired.

We won't fall flat if we get some beef on the lines, throw some screens and get the defense coached up and quit that soft zone crap! I'd love to see a playoff win and some convincing road victories.

Beef on the lines? Pray tell, who's job in acquiring "beef on the lines", would that be? Dare I say Dimitroff?, Yet when thing go awry, ppl are quick to point fingers at the past coaching inadequacies. Well, the whipping boys, MM/BVG/P. Beadrueax(sp), etc, are history. Folks are quick to defend the "Boy genius" and just as quick to trash the former copaches that were just as responsible for the past 4 yrs - I don't get it.

i'd much rather have playoff wins too, but if you don't win it all it really doesn't matter. just means you get knocked out a little bit later and get a worse draft pick but you still have no ring to show for it.

how many great franchises have you seen throughout the years that rotated coaches every 4 years? you can say tampa won with gruden but tony dungy built that team up for him during his 6 years prior, that and they didn't keep winning. i just want a sustained winning team year in and year out that you feel has just as good a chance as anybody else to win it all.

you have to build a culture and atlanta's has been putrid most of their existence. give the guys that are smarter than us about football a chance to right their wrongs before we are calling for them to be fired.

It matters...ask around about Dan Marino.

Beef on the lines? Pray tell, who's job in acquiring "beef on the lines", would that be? Dare I say Dimitroff?, Yet when thing go awry, ppl are quick to point fingers at the past coaching inadequacies. Well, the whipping boys, MM/BVG/P. Beadrueax(sp), etc, are history. Folks are quick to defend the "Boy genius" and just as quick to trash the former copaches that were just as responsible for the past 4 yrs - I don't get it.

He made deals and apprently got those coaches the players they needed to at least win a playoff game..sheesh.

what about dan marino? a guy that didn't get a ring that would probably sit here and tell you the same thing i said?? if you aren't the guy hoisting the trophy at the end then you lost. i want rings (plural) in atlanta. how cool does it sound for me to go to a 9er fan or someone and say "ya we might not have rings like you guys but we won a playoff game last year"

Which reinforces my point... no guarantees. Unless you have some kind of pull at Flowery Branch, you'll have to live with whatever they do, or find another team that does what you like. Sadly, there's no other choice. I'm looking forward to the season... wish it started soon.

what about dan marino? a guy that didn't get a ring that would probably sit here and tell you the same thing i said?? if you aren't the guy hoisting the trophy at the end then you lost. i want rings (plural) in atlanta. how cool does it sound for me to go to a 9er fan or someone and say "ya we might not have rings like you guys but we won a playoff game last year"

He's probably the most respected QB that's never won one. So winning the SB is not "everything." Besides, we haven't shown signs of winning in the post season. Can we get a playoff win before we start talking about SB or bust?

He's the most respected QB that's never won one. So wining the SB is not "everything." We haven't shown sings of winning in the post season. Can we get a playoff win before we start talking about SB or bust?

you ask him if winning the super bowl is everything or not. ask arthur blank if winning the super bowl is everything or not. you don't have to win a playoff game next year, then 2 the year after that, then the superbowl. accumulating playoff wins doesn't equal a superbowl championship unless they are all in the same year.

say we beat the giants last year, lost the next round, and someone else went on to win it all would that make our team better than they are after losing to the giants?? i would argue worse because maybe mm and bvg would still be here. the only people that would be helped by atlanta going 1 and out last year would be the falcons marketing team. they would give the same spiel you are thinking that "look guys we won 1 playoff game and can't wait to build on that next year!"

when in reality 31 teams lose every year, some just later than others. bro if you don't think winning the super bowl is everything you must not understand the art of competition.

Cmon now, with a straight face tell me how successful TD has been in Free agency/draft as of late.

I thought he did quit nice myself. Although, I question the Ray Edwards injury situation, whether they knew or not. You simply have to score way more points than we had done in the past. Our offense never put pressure on the opposing defense. So while we want to look at his FA aquistions....the problem was on offense which was a lack of coaching.

you ask him if winning the super bowl is everything or not. ask arthur blank if winning the super bowl is everything or not. you don't have to win a playoff game next year, then 2 the year after that, then the superbowl. accumulating playoff wins doesn't equal a superbowl championship unless they are all in the same year.

say we beat the giants last year, lost the next round, and someone else went on to win it all would that make our team better than they are after losing to the giants?? i would argue worse because maybe mm and bvg would still be here. the only people that would be helped by atlanta going 1 and out last year would be the falcons marketing team. they would give the same spiel you are thinking that "look guys we won 1 playoff game and can't wait to build on that next year!"

when in reality 31 teams lose every year, some just later than others. bro if you don't think winning the super bowl is everything you must not understand the art of competition.

Ask all 1696 players in the NFL the same question. I get your point, but to be more realistic, SB victories start with winning the first playoff game, which we haven't done yet.