Td Is Doing The Right Thing This Off Season

I hate seeing Lofton gone it hurts but he wasnt going to be worth that type of contract

he goes bargain hunting ..Now some people question bargain hunting cause they want whats perceived as best product on market . The problem lies when best products on market they are overpriced. TD is waiting it out until prices start to drop and find bargains .and players that fit scheme ..

Foundation is set ...Were either going to win a ring with Ryan, Julio,Roddy and Turner , Spoon or were not . TD is believing in himself ..I respect that ..I really do and this coming from one of TD biggest CRITICS ..What TD didnt need to do after another bad playoff loss

was give a ridiculous contractto a free agent trying to buy a championship ..That is not how great NFL franchises operate ..Its bout building through the draft and finding late round talent and finding the bargain free agents that can bring value ..Sometimes these players dont work out but if they do its a clear HIT ...Its worth risk/reward in team management

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TD is believing in himself ..He wants to roll with Kroy and Sidbury I respect that ..He believes in his scouting and coaching change ..He is not questioning himself . Could this backfire and Sidbury and Bierman become nothing more then depth type players yes and this will eventually lead to his firing but least he has belief in himself ..

i respect that ..

I hate seeing Lofton gone it hurts but he wasnt going to be worth that type of contract

he goes bargain hunting ..Now some people question bargain hunting cause they want whats perceived as best product on market . The problem lies when best products on market they are overpriced. TD is waiting it out until prices start to drop and find bargains .and players that fit scheme ..

Foundation is set ...Were either going to win a ring with Ryan, Julio,Roddy and Turner , Spoon or were not . TD is believing in himself ..I respect that ..I really do and this coming from one of TD biggest CRITICS ..What TD didnt need to do after another bad playoff loss

was give a ridiculous contractto a free agent trying to buy a championship ..That is not how great NFL franchises operate ..Its bout building through the draft and finding late round talent and finding the bargain free agents that can bring value ..Sometimes these players dont work out but if they do its a clear HIT ...Its worth risk/reward in team management

A good philosophy. However, if you trade away high draft picks(an average of a 1st or 2nd every year), use late round picks to move up and do a poor job of identifying talent in latter rounds, you end up eroding that philosophy and have to compensate with bad contracts and allowing good talent to leave

Leave it to Swift to be the voice of reason

"I'll take things I'll never say on the Falcons Message board for $500, Alex"

Ok, I have to agree with you Swift. We are not shopping for the shiny new toys that everyone wants. You have some who have written the team off as unimproveable (is that a word? it is now) and being a 6 win team, to those who want to go to the Branch with torches and pitchforks to carry TD out on a rail. We need a piece or two for the D-Line and a LT for the O-line, and the draft. TD did his part by getting a good bit of our depth signed.

I am, by no means satisfied with this free agency period, but the inclination to freak out and proclaim gloom and doom is a bit far fetched, at least this early.

long as Bucs have Josh Freeman as their QB im not worried about that team..He will be checking down and Vincent Jackson running down field

Freeman is not all that bad. He has better protection now. The games we played in 2010 were tough games. If not for Grimes making that last intercetption. I believe they might have won.

I really think we are moving toward a 3-4 long term, TD knows this and there isn't really a need for any big names at high prices when we need some very specfic role players in a certain quanity.

I am however perplexed about our lack of intrest in offensive lineman at the tackle position. Both our playoff loss and lack of deep passing game was reflected by poor oline play. TD of course has so many resources at his disposal to plan a course of action on this so I can;t say he is ignoring it but we need help on the offensive line more than we need help on defense.

We have placed a lot of emphasis on drafting defense players in the early and mid rounds for a few years now, our defense has a lot more talent than people realize.

Our offensive line however failed last year, forced us to change or game plan early i nthe season and we never truly recovered.

Edited by BadMoonRising

A good philosophy. However, if you trade away high draft picks(an average of a 1st or 2nd every year), use late round picks to move up and do a poor job of identifying talent in latter rounds, you end up eroding that philosophy and have to compensate with bad contracts and allowing good talent to leave

I agree I wasnt a fan of that trade and I think TD learned from his mistake last year that the shiny new toy while nice on paper and out on the field does not mean =super bowl ...People can learn from mistakes..I think TD has ...He is also putting his job on the line as well. He is willing to believe in his draft picks which I respect that . What would have been worse is TD go out give a ridiculous contract to a free agent try to buy the chip ...

Great post swift. I agree fully. Just look at how much the Chargers paid Meachem because they lost Jackson or how much the Redskins paid Garcon or how much the Bucs paid Eric Wright. The first day contracts are always the most inflated contracts. Set a price on players and stick to it. If not, they would have really overpaid for a guy like Edwards last year instead of make him come to TD's team on TD's terms.

I agree. It just sucks seeing the Sucs make huge upgrades. dry.png

The only upgrade I see is Nicks. Jackson is good but overrated by that Chargers system. He will be like Sidney Rice and the Seahawks.

I really think we are moving toward a 3-4 long term, TD knows this and there isn't really a need for any big names at high prices when we need some very specfic role players in a certain quanity.

I am however perplexed about our lack of intrest in offensive lineman at the tackle position. Both our playoff loss and lack of deep passing game was reflected by poor oline play. TD of course has so many resources at his disposal to plan a course of action on this so I can;t say he is ignoring it but we need help on the offensive line more than we need help on defense.

We have placed a lot of emphasis on drafting defense players in the early and mid rounds for a few years now, our defense has a lot more talent than people realize.

Our offensive line however failed last year, forced us to change or game plan early i nthe season and we never truly recovered.

I agree. Matty needs more than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball.

I agree I wasnt a fan of that trade and I think TD learned from his mistake last year that the shiny new toy while nice on paper and out on the field does not mean =super bowl ...People can learn from mistakes..I think TD has ...He is also putting his job on the line as well. He is willing to believe in his draft picks which I respect that . What would have been worse is TD go out give a ridiculous contract to a free agent try to buy the chip ...

You have to believe in them someday, or else you are just going out for 3 days in April because you are told to.

Edit: Not geared towards you just the first one that was seen talking about it after I read everything.

Edited by N1985oles!

Great post swift. I agree fully. Just look at how much the Chargers paid Meachem because they lost Jackson or how much the Redskins paid Garcon or how much the Bucs paid Eric Wright. The first day contracts are always the most inflated contracts. Set a price on players and stick to it. If not, they would have really overpaid for a guy like Edwards last year instead of make him come to TD's team on TD's terms.

The only upgrade I see is Nicks. Jackson is good but overrated by that Chargers system. He will be like Sidney Rice and the Seahawks.

They already have Williams and that other guy. I think their WR group just got better. Jackson is no Roddy or Jones rolleyes.gif , but he is solid.

dead on

exactly ..TD is waiting for market to settle down and then he is going bargain hunting ..we will see some moves that will fit scheme and direction of team. Im willing to bet TD knocks this draft out of the park ...2nd and 3rd round picks will be MASSIVE HITS ...

They already have Williams and that other guy. I think their WR group just got better. Jackson is no Roddy or Jones rolleyes.gif , but he is solid.

Williams and Benn. Plus Winslow. Very solid aerial attack. But as we experienced first hand, it's about how you employ those weapons.