D#mmit! Jared Gaither Re-Upps With Chargers - Pft

g-dawg

i thought yesterday was bad in free agency - today is worse!!!

Chargers re-sign Jared Gaither to four-year deal

Posted by Evan Silva on March 14, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT

jared-gaither-pic.jpg?w=158 AP

Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego reports that the Chargers have re-signed tackle Jared Gaither to a four-year contract.

Though possessing a checkered medical and off-field history, Gaither is one of the most impressive young left tackles in pro football. The 6-foot-9, 340-pound lineman is only 26 years old and solidified the position down the stretch in San Diego last season. Gaither was filling in for Marcus McNeill, whom the Chargers released on Tuesday.

Gaither has the potential to be better than McNeill, perhaps much better. He was the No. 5 overall player on PFT’s Hot 100 Free Agency list.

Careful....people will start calling you a knee jerk reactionist and saying things like "patience, there's still pleeeenty of time". rolleyes.gif

I would have loved to have gotten Gaither, but our FO appears to be on extended leave during the most important time of the off-season. Maybe fly-fishing in Colorado or something.

We've already made our moves anyway. Laughable moves, but moves nonetheless. I dont see us doing anything else.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

I told yall this a month ago .McNeil is the guy we need to target..........he failed the Chargers exit physical, but his agent says he has been cleared and is 100% healthy. ...He may HAVE to take a incentive laden deal in order to regain his value

agreed. I still would rather have Gaither - Bolts had their choice and they got Gaither. I will take McNeill over what we have now though. McNeill could probably play in a body cast better than T-Rex.

agreed. I still would rather have Gaither - Bolts had their choice and they got Gaither. I will take McNeill over what we have now though. McNeill could probably play in a body cast better than T-Rex.

If he clears our physical, guy could be a rock for us for the next few years ........and he wont break the bank .....

s

Careful....people will start calling you a knee jerk reactionist and saying things like "patience, there's still pleeeenty of time". rolleyes.gif

I would have loved to have gotten Gaither, but our FO appears to be on extended leave during the most important time of the off-season. Maybe fly-fishing in Colorado or something.

We've already made our moves anyway. Laughable moves, but moves nonetheless. I dont see us doing anything else.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

I don't give a rat's arss about those people - those are the folks who think its against the Falcons code of conduct on the messageboard to ever criticize anything about the Falcons.

I'm 100% invested in the Atlanta Falcons - have been (or about 40yrs (most of my life). If Falcons make great moves - I will praise them - if they make stupid moves or stupid non-moves - I will criticize them. Sometimes I will be wrong - and will admit it (i.e. wanted Glen Dorsey over Matt Ryan), sometimes I will be right and so will Falcons (Weatherspoon) and sometimes I will be right and Falcons wrong (i.e. Wanted Clay Matthews over Peria Jerry).

Its all good....its all part of being a fan. everybody is entitled to their take on the situation - and we can all disagree and argue - its part of being a messageboard member.