I Think We Are Working On A Trade Or Are Going To Get Dwight Freeney Somehow.

Number2

Colts news

Cory Redding - DL - Colts

Colts signed DE Cory Redding, formerly of the Ravens, to a three-year, $10.5 million contract.

Competent both against the run and as a pass rusher, Redding will be reuniting with his former defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano in Indy. He graded out as the league's 16th best 4-3 end by Pro Football Focus in 2011, but should have no issues fitting into the Colts' 3-4 defense. His signing is another sign Dwight Freeney has played his final snap for the "Horseshoe."

This shows to me that they are done with freeney.

So i think we trade fo him or somehow get him lol

Hey Tandy, good to see you. It's been awhile since I saw you post.

I doubt we go after freeney. He has like a 16 million cap hit this year, unless the colts agree to eat some of that. Better to go after Mario.

If we somehow landed Super Mario - I would be doing a happy dance for hours! I don't want to get my hopes up too high though - not sure if we can clear the cap space to make a competitive offer - but I continue to keep my fingers crossed silently.

I read in here a lot - haven't had a lot of time to do any posting - or start a post and then get interrupted before posting it (lol)

Freeney is just as old as Abraham so arguments against Abe because of age would carry no wieght in a move like this

This would be a lateral move, at best.

In all honesty, i'd much rather have Abe - at least he is a fan favorite in the red and black.

But heck, since we've scoured some of the worst teams in the league for talent this off-season (Jax, Seattle) we might as well go all out and get players from the worst team. It would make sense at this point, no matter how stupid it is.

*takes off rose-colored glasses and smashes them underfoot*

Freeney is just as old as Abraham so arguments against Abe because of age would carry no wieght in a move like this

In all honesty, i'd much rather have Abe - at least he is a fan favorite in the red and black.

But heck, since we've scoured some of the worst teams in the league for talent this off-season (Jax, Seattle) we might as well go all out and get players from the worst team. It would make sense at this point, no matter how stupid it is.

Freeney plays the run well, is a 3 down DE and gets pressure even against the best OT's in the game.

With that said there is no way he is worth his cap hit either.

Guest Gritz

House, your sig concerns me.

You going all rogue on us?

I agree with most that the Freeney pick up wouldn't be an "upgrade" especially with some of his recent injury issues. I personally think the Birds should look into Kamerion Wimbley if they are looking for a good upgrade at end. 2.5 sacks less than Freeney over the last two seasons but 3 years younger and less damage on his frame.

"Get Inside The Tent on FB and BTR"

House, your sig concerns me.

You going all rogue on us?

House is dead bro.

This is the new House...fresh off suspension and pizzed as hail.

I havnt seen this team make one positive step closer to bringing us a Lombardi...in fact, this off-season has been a laugh a minute with us welcoming in players and coaches from some of the worst teams in the NFL, and signing guys who did not even play in 2011.

We've re-signed alot of our good depth players but we're losing all of our great playmakers. Worse, we're not replacing them with playmakers.

I find the words of Blank and TD at the seasons end conference to be nothing but hollow bull doo at this point and im not happy about it.

So yeah, in the words of Sarah Palin....i'm going rogue! lol

http://www.rotoworld.../dwight-freeney

See i told you guys we are going to get this guy if he goes into free agency I Believe in TD that he always has a plan lol

Not re-signing Abe and siging Freeney would be like passing by Wendy's to eat at Burger King.

A lateral move at best.