Any News On Gaither Even Getting Interest?

1989Fan

yeah, Gaither likely will re-up with the Bolts......If not, I would be very interested in Gaither for the Falcons. He has all the tools that you would want in a franchise left tackle - size (6'9" 340lbs), age(25), experience starting in the NFL. I like him a lot.

I think by far LT is the teams biggest need right now (along with DE).

I really hope the team at least tries to get one of the LT's in here. There are 4 that are definate upgrades from last season.

McNeil could be a steal, and he is the best LT of the group, but a neck injury to a OT worries me with the way hey have to position their bodies and the impact they take play after play.

guys we couldve signed last week to focus more on other free agents

We just don't have the money, 20million vanished. I think we are done in FA. I'm disappointed that Blank and TD lied to us though. It's okay, we should be used to this by now because of the Braves and Hawks.

Edited by Skar

I really hope the team at least tries to get one of the LT's in here. There are 4 that are definate upgrades from last season.

McNeil could be a steal, and he is the best LT of the group, but a neck injury to a OT worries me with the way hey have to position their bodies and the impact they take play after play.

I'm going to be honest here... http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/02/26/falcons-smith-would-be-very-comfortable-with-baker

How comfortable would they be heading into next season with Baker as their starting left tackle?

"Very comfortable," head coach Mike Smith told PFW Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I thought Sam had his best year (in 2010). This (past) season, unfortunately, he got injured and had to have a procedure done and missed some time. We're looking forward to having Sam back. Sam's very resilient and has fought through a lot of injuries through his first three years."

Take it for what its worth, but I think they be be fine with Baker and Svitek. Not saying I like it, but what can I do really?

McNeil would be a low risk, high reward type player. I remember JBO posting a tweet yesterday saying that McNeil was medically cleared by a doctor recently.

Skar, look what WAS did so far. they were tight on the cap as well. You just have to move the roster around to be under the cap by a deadline I think.

I don't see us making any roster moves until camp. If there was a such thing as a miracle, now would be the perfect time.

I'm going to be honest here... http://www.profootba...able-with-baker

How comfortable would they be heading into next season with Baker as their starting left tackle?

"Very comfortable," head coach Mike Smith told PFW Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I thought Sam had his best year (in 2010). This (past) season, unfortunately, he got injured and had to have a procedure done and missed some time. We're looking forward to having Sam back. Sam's very resilient and has fought through a lot of injuries through his first three years."

Take it for what its worth, but I think they be be fine with Baker and Svitek. Not saying I like it, but what can I do really?

it's crap like this that pisses me off with coach Smith. I always try to support the players but Baker flat out sucks and he has for years. he's not solid he's not average, he flat out sucks, cut the dead weight and move on

Smith is just a nice guy, I don't think he will throw his player under the bus like that.

I thought so too, but when I read that a couple of weeks ago I was like...huh? Then I heard it again yesterday that he was comfortable with Baker and excited over manuwai and then I started getting sick...

nah, a healthy Baker is better than Justice. He is that bad.

He was a 1st round pick, and couldnt even stick around at RT when the big guy retired (forget his name)

oh well, here is to hoping te team looks at Marcus McNeil or Anthony Collins I guess.....