Wr Calvin Johnson On A Seven-Year

falcon057

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Calvin Johnsn's contract is the richest deal ever handed out in the NFL, exceeding the $120 million deal given to Larry Fitzgerald.

<p class="js-PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL-item PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL-item PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL-item expanding-PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL-item" data-item-id="179943826973138946" data-item-type="tweet" media="true">

6m 343417_normal.gifAdam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Lions reached agreement with WR Calvin Johnson on a seven-year, $132 million extension that includes $60 million guaranteed.

Filed to ESPN: Lions reached agreement with WR Calvin Johnson on a seven-year, $132 million extension that includes $60 million guaranteed.

That's a lot of cabbage. Roddie close your eyes.

If Roddy was younger and had the same skill set I think he'd complain. I'm pretty sure Roddy knows where he stands in the NFL right now, at least according to his Top 5 WR list he gave on NFL Network.

When great receivers are averaging 19 million a year on contracts, what will great Qbs be making? 30 mil a season? 40?

I imagine Calvin never sees the last year of 2 of this contract. I can't see how you could tie up that much money in a receiver, no matter how good he is.

Holy flying ape ish...that averages nearly 19 million a year. This is both funny and scary....Drew Brees is saying "Oh yeah baby"...Thomas Dimitroff is saying "Oh **** me...".

Yeah but according to the Saints Brees is just a run of the mill QB, he's not a GREAT player like CJ... right? unsure.png