Osi Umenyiora?

I know this may just be a rumor but before last season started it was reported that the Falcons had interest in going after Osi Umenyiora. Could it be that we haven't heard much from our FO b/c they are secretly working out a trade deal with the Giants for him?

The Giants are loaded at DE and he is in his last year of his contract so it would make sense for them to move him to the highest bidder. I can see us giving up our 2nd round pick and another player to try to get him. He would be considerably cheaper than both John Abraham and Mario Williams while still being able to make an impact. Just a thought...

I know this may just be a rumor but before last season started it was reported that the Falcons had interest in going after Osi Umenyiora. Could it be that we haven't heard much from our FO b/c they are secretly working out a trade deal with the Giants for him?

The Giants are loaded at DE and he is in his last year of his contract so it would make sense for them to move him to the highest bidder. I can see us giving up our 2nd round pick and another player to try to get him. He would be considerably cheaper than both John Abraham and Mario Williams while still being able to make an impact. Just a thought...

I do know this .......FA is still wide open, and we are not done yet .......just because we can not afford Mario does not mean we are done, not by a longshot .......

I do know this .......FA is still wide open, and we are not done yet .......just because we can not afford Mario does not mean we are done, not by a longshot .......

That is true but other than Mario, there really is no one in the free agency pool who would be a significant pass rusher on this team. Why not take a shot at trading for Osi. I think his salary this year is around 4mill and the Falcons would probably offer him about 6.5/7mill per year to extend it.

Osi and Freeney - neither are free agents.......unless they are released by their respective teams(doubtful), Falcons would have to trade draft pick(s) to get either.

Osi wants a new deal ($10+ million). Freeney's contract already pays him like $13+ million. Both are in their 30's......

If we were going to do that, we would have just signed Mario to deal averaging $14 mill/yr with no lost draft picks and get a player bigger, more complete and younger......

Falcons already are down 2 draft picks in 2012 draft - fairly certain they don't want to be down more draft picks.

We are trying to work something out with him contract wise before we talk trade. And I doubt extending him is the priority at the moment because we are battling the cap while also trying to add players so that we can field a full team.

If we can't come to terms, but ready to give up like a 2nd and 5th or something like that for him

We are trying to work something out with him contract wise before we talk trade. And I doubt extending him is the priority at the moment because we are battling the cap while also trying to add players so that we can field a full team.

If we can't come to terms, but ready to give up like a 2nd and 5th or something like that for him

I honestly don't see us using our 2nd round pick on anyone of immediate value anyways so TD wouldn't be against it. He would probably include a player like Sid to go along with a pick. Doesn't exactly have to be the 2nd rounder though, but I think TD is on an ice patch that is getting thinner year after year b/c AB (and pretty much every Falcons fan who likes winning) wants some playoff success and a SB. With Tampa Bay loading up on talent and Carolina trying to make some moves, we have to do something or else we're gonna find ourselves toward the bottom half of the NFC South

I honestly don't see us using our 2nd round pick on anyone of immediate value anyways so TD wouldn't be against it. He would probably include a player like Sid to go along with a pick. Doesn't exactly have to be the 2nd rounder though, but I think TD is on an ice patch that is getting thinner year after year b/c AB (and pretty much every Falcons fan who likes winning) wants some playoff success and a SB. With Tampa Bay loading up on talent and Carolina trying to make some moves, we have to do something or else we're gonna find ourselves toward the bottom half of the NFC South

I can't see Reese giving Osi up for anything less than a second.

who is Sid?