Market Maybe Set For Griimes...

VaderMan

Seeing Finnegan get 50mil/5 years, tells me grimes will want the same. His is tag carries a price of about that anyway. He is going to get 10 mil per, whether some of think he is worth it or not. So my question(3 fold) is this...Is Grimes worth 10/yr....and would you rather trade him for a draft pick(s). My best guess is that we can get a 2nd rounder for him in this years draft.

1 Is Grimes worth 10/yr

2 Would you rather trade him, if we could get a 2nd?

I'm not sure on this so any help please

BUT to trade him-- Don't you 1st have to sign him and then find a trade partner willing to accept that new contract?

If true, it might not be easy to trade him,, ie find a partner willing to take on the new big $$$$ contract. Depends

Edited by delaigle

I'm not sure on this so any help please

BUT to trade him-- Don't you 1st have to sign him and then find a trade partner willing to accept that new contract?

If true, it might not be easy to trade him,, ie find a partner willing to take on the new big $$$$ contract. Depends

Nope, you can trade Grimes(as the Pats did with Matt Cassell) and someone else will assume the franchise tag costs. I used to think otherwise too. Being allowed to trade franchised players didn't make any sense, but you can.

IF he were traded the other team would then sign him to a new deal and take the cap hits accordingly. The deal would be agreed on in principle before the trade. That is what happened with Abraham when Jets tagged and traded him.

The Falcons would not have any financial ramifications for it.

I don't think that is what the Falcons are looking to do though.

Another player TD stepped on his weenie with. Should have extended him last year. Yall still think TD is a genius? He ain't nowhere near a genius. I'm about ready to ride up to the Branch and catch that mofo behind the parking lot on his bike and put a size 12 up his as. He suckssssss!

They should have extended Grimes in 2010. The dude was making $400,000 a year. Could have extended him for half of what it is going to cost now.

I thought Grimes turned down a long term contract last year? Maybe that was someone else

Obviously we don't hear everything that happens, but I have never seen it reported that the Falcons offered Brent Grimes a multi year contract for ANY amount of money.