Mario Williams Its Starting To Make Sense

THE ICEMAN

The more and more time that passes the more sense its making.

So for all those still on the the Mario Williams bandwagon its probably not happening. Because I don't think that its not that TD,Mike Smith or Aurthur Blank don't think he's a Elite player or that he could change our whole defense but the amount of risk thats involved in signing him the Dude hasn't played but a hand full of games the last two seasons. Sure if we had 50 mil to blow like the Buc or Bangles then I believe we would've had it done but the fact is that we only had 8 mil and alot more holes to fill than DE besides it takes more than one elite pass rusher to win it all on D anyway.

So who fault is it for hyping us all up?

Poor jugement on our cap space for one and then assuming the Falcons would make another splash you can't do it every year without cutting guys left and right. I'm really not that mad because all the analyst/reporters were doing was putting two and two together who's agressive at persueing Free Agents and who runs a 4-3 and more importantly who's the best fit. And the Falcons are hands down Mario Williams Best fit compare us to the Bears who in the He11 wants to play on that sh!tty field for one let alone a DE and a guy with injury problems throw in the weather compared to a dome we easly knock out the Bears then on to the Bills there not competetive again throw in the weather on to Seattle they also play outside and the weather always poor up there throw in that there not even close to wining that division we easly are a better situtation than them that would leave the Buc's and Bangles both good teams some what but again us having most of the talent in place to win it all we just "seemed" like the best fit and that doesn't mean it was set in stone he was coming here.

Yea after the pissed off stage passed I just asked my self why wouldn't they of signed this guy he's maybe the most talented DE in football.

And in my opion its not the really the money nor the cap space but the fact that he's very injury prone and mix in a 100+ mil dollar contract and there is huge RISK invovled fans somtimes forget about it and could really hand tie TD in the Future to sign other FA's or keep our own we just lost one of them (Curtius Lofton)because of the Ray Edwards and Dunta Robinson deals.

I hear and understand what you're saying. I too was in that pissed off stage. Not that us not signing Williams is the thing that pissed me off, but I don't like that the Falcons seem to (IMO) sit back and let teams do their thing and then hope for the best. I understand that FA isn't a one day thing, but I'd like to know that our Falcons are at least scheduling visits for guys that they're targeting or SOMETHING. But hey, hopefully our FO knows what they're doing.

Just heard on NFL Network that with TB signing VJ that it sends a message to their fans that they're serious about winning and it helps them keep up with teams like NOLA and CAROLINA. So I guess we're an afterthought now. You have to admit though..... TB and Carolina should Not Be considered pushovers this season and NOLA will still be there. We need to do something (IMO)

The more and more time that passes the more sense its making.

So for all those still on the the Mario Williams bandwagon its probably not happening. Because I don't think that its not that TD,Mike Smith or Aurthur Blank don't think he's a Elite player or that he could change our whole defense but the amount of risk thats involved in signing him the Dude hasn't played but a hand full of games the last two seasons. Sure if we had 50 mil to blow like the Buc or Bangles then I believe we would've had it done but the fact is that we only had 8 mil and alot more holes to fill than DE besides it takes more than one elite pass rusher to win it all on D anyway.

So who fault is it for hyping us all up?

Poor jugement on our cap space for one and then assuming the Falcons would make another splash you can't do it every year without cutting guys left and right. I'm really not that mad because all the analyst/reporters were doing was putting two and two together who's agressive at persueing Free Agents and who runs a 4-3 and more importantly who's the best fit. And the Falcons are hands down Mario Williams Best fit compare us to the Bears who in the He11 wants to play on that sh!tty field for one let alone a DE and a guy with injury problems throw in the weather compared to a dome we easly knock out the Bears then on to the Bills there not competetive again throw in the weather on to Seattle they also play outside and the weather always poor up there throw in that there not even close to wining that division we easly are a better situtation than them that would leave the Buc's and Bangles both good teams some what but again us having most of the talent in place to win it all we just "seemed" like the best fit and that doesn't mean it was set in stone he was coming here.

You sir, are logical and concise. We'll have none of that here on this board. cool.png

Certain members of this message board who concluded that an available salary cap space number($31 million) excluded resigning the team's own free agents.

Yeah but there were all kinds of media members tooting Atlanta's horn in the MW sweepstakes, and I never got that at all.