Look At The Teams That Inked Big Names Today!

Tampa- Vincent Jackson

St. Louis- Cortland Finnegan

Indianapolis- Reggie Wayne

Washington- Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan

What do they all have in common... Not playoff teams! They're all desperate and willing to overpay guys to come to their teams.

There is a reason teams like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and the FALCONS YES THE FALCONS are not jumping right into bed and overpaying these dudes.The smartest front offices never go out day one and throw money around. Like it or not TD isn't a bad GM. Yes he's missed on a few picks but who hasn't? He's been pretty solid when it comes to free agents as well. Disregard Dunta because they tried to make him a zone CB which he is not and Edwards who was still recovering from off season knee surgery, but still excelled at defending the run. I expect both of them to improve this year.

So what the Falcons didn't go out and blow their load on Mario Williams or Carl Nicks on the first day. Maybe they wait a few more to see how things pan out, maybe they never get involved. I doubt they just sit back and let the team go into the season with no pass rusher.

Just be patient people, that's what the more intelligent franchises are doing. Ask yourself what separates the Skins, Rams, Raiders, and Browns, from the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, and Falcons.

I don't understand the logic, these "Bad teams" are going out and spending their money to be better, obviously with additions of talented players some will actually get better. What mould should they follow? The Falcons don't have cap space and are losing key positions, how do you put down these other teams rather than look at how you guys pissed away draft picks AND money and have nothing to show for it other than 2 points in the playoffs scored on a safety. What brilliant move are you waiting for your FO to make? You compare yourself to winning teams such as the Steelers, Greenbay, New England, yet you have not sniffed even a shadow of the success these teams have had, so the question is why rank those teams so badly for spending their cash ( coincidently they will all still have more cap space than the falcons after blowing their collective loads ) when your own team will not make ANY positive steps this year because quite frankly, there aren't any for you guys to make.

Oh and ironically all the teams you listed have won a superbowl, but you're right, they should learn from the Falcons. Also, I remember you laughing it up and encouraging others here to go to the Jaguars forum to watch their misery for hiring your terrible OC as HC. Must have sucked to know you guys hired their even worse OC for your team soon after.

Edited by MattRyansArm

I don't understand the logic, these "Bad teams" are going out and spending their money to be better, obviously with additions of talented players some will actually get better. What mould should they follow? The Falcons don't have cap space and are losing key positions, how do you put down these other teams rather than look at how you guys pissed away draft picks AND money and have nothing to show for it other than 2 points in the playoffs scored on a safety. What brilliant move are you waiting for your FO to make? You compare yourself to winning teams such as the Steelers, Greenbay, New England, yet you have not sniffed even a shadow of the success these teams have had, so the question is why rank those teams so badly for spending their cash ( coincidently they will all still have more cap space than the falcons after blowing their collective loads ) when your own team will not make ANY positive steps this year because quite frankly, there aren't any for you guys to make.

Oh and ironically all the teams you listed have won a superbowl, but you're right, they should learn from the Falcons. Also, I remember you laughing it up and encouraging others here to go to the Jaguars forum to watch their misery for hiring your terrible OC as HC. Must have sucked to know you guys hired their even worse OC for your team soon after.

Actually Koetters offense has actually ranked higher then Mularky during their time as OC.

Its kinda hard to have success when your qb hides behind the ref begging him to blow the whistle every time he is rushed

Personally I don't believe in braking the bank and buying the SB. Case in point, look at Philly and I bet they still won't make it to the SB. Oh yea Vincent just robbed TB in broad daylight in front of enough people to pick him out of a line up. And the sad thing is the will not snitch.