We Should Just Trade Grimes Or Let Him Walk

Snafu

All these CB's are getting crazy money. Finnegan - 10 Mil per year, Carlos Rodgers - 7.5 Mill per year. I think Grimey is gonna want more than both of them.

Look, I like Grimes, but lets be serious here...Did you see enough of a dropoff in the secondary in the games he missed to justify spending 10 Mill on the guy? I think our youngsters filled in nicely. We have been grooming some of these youngins for a couple years. I think it's time to give them a go.

All these CB's are getting crazy money. Finnegan - 10 Mil per year, Carlos Rodgers - 7.5 Mill per year. I think Grimey is gonna want more than both of them.

Look, I like Grimes, but lets be serious here...Did you see enough of a dropoff in the secondary in the games he missed to justify spending 10 Mill on the guy? I think our youngsters filled in nicely. We have been grooming some of these youngins for a couple years. I think it's time to give them a go.

All the backup DB's have proven is how poorly they actually play.

I understand what you're saying hear but, Grimes is the only player on our roster who has Met or Exceeded expectation year after year. That can't be said for Matty, Roddy (drops), Kroy (no sacks), Abe,HD, or anyone I can think of. Grimes is the only one who's always surprising.

The Most important thing when building a team is having a core of consistency and Grimes provides that in our secondary. Maybe building around him will give us the secondary we've always wished for. He's our Darrel Green.

Edited by The O.D.B

Man sit down with all that foolishness !!!!!! You dnt let your best corner walk... That shows your knowledge of the business side of football

And franchise tagging him for a year, paying him 10 mill, then still getting nothing for him the next year is a better option?

I'd rather get a permanent piece than a rent-a-player for 10 mill.

Edited by RubberDucky

A pass defense that gave up 3rd and long conversions on a regular basis.

A pass defense that ranked near the bottom of the league.

Other than that, HEY!!! They must be Canton-bound!

Oh please man, that's been a staple of our D for 4 years. Having Grimes in the game has never prevented it.

I understand what you're saying hear but, Grimes is the only player on our roster who has Met or Exceeded expectation year after year. That can't be said for Matty, Roddy (drops), Kroy (no sacks), Abe,HD, or anyone I can think of. Grimes is the only one who's always surprising.

The Most important thing when building a team is having a core of consistency and Grimes provides that in our secondary. Maybe building around him will give us the secondary we've always wished for. He's our Darrel Green.

I get all that, but at what point do you say "hey, we have been grooming some of these young guys for a couple years. They cost 1/20th of what [insert FA name here] will cost. Lets see what they can do for us"?

And franchise tagging him for a year, paying him 10 mill, then still getting nothing for him the next year is a better option?

I'd rather get a permanent piece than a rent-a-player for 10 mill.

the tag was to make sure he didnt hit FA, and to have time to wrk out a long term deal... Same reason why grimes hasnt signed the tender...

I get all that, but at what point do you say "hey, we have been grooming some of these young guys for a couple years. They cost 1/20th of what [insert FA name here] will cost. Lets see what they can do for us"?

I agree that those guys need to be busting their butts to get on the field but, when you have one of the best to observe and compete with it raises everyone's level. I'd rather have all our backups playing like another teams starters. It's allot of money but I think we gotta stick with Grimey as a foundation block.

Guest Negatorris

Grimes doesn't deserve more than Carlos Rogers, and the Falcons are flaming ******* if they pay him more.

Edited by Undefendable

We will regret bringing back grimes and not going after Williams. This will be considered another Failured on TD's part.

Grimes might very well hold out this year, no way in **** we are paying another corner 10 mill+ per year. TD will try to low ball it at around 6-7 and that ain't going to happen.

Worse case is Grimes holds out, Best case is we only get Grimes for 1 more year when we could have went after a premiere DE to take our defense to the next level. corners can be found every year in FA and the draft, not DE in thier prime.

Grimes has only had 2 good seasons at best. If you look at his career stats, they're almost nonexistent. 2010 was about as good as it gets for him. You can spin it all you want. Some people say nonexistent stats is a good thing for a corner, but not when the pass defense is ranked in the bottom of the NFL.

Edited by skn

Grimes doesn't deserve more than Carlos Rogers, and the Falcons are flaming ******* if they pay him more.

TD and Smith are so far out of their league, honestly, they do not have any idea what they're doing.

Grimes will NEVER be the same. Two major injuries (hip/knee), plus he was never considered a shutdown corner.

Spending all your cap money on Grimes (140 lbs wet) is a joke. TD does not know good talent when he sees it.

This org. is in a complete mess.

Grimes has only had 2 good seasons at best. If you look at his career stats, they're almost nonexistent. 2010 was about as good as it gets for him. You can spin it all you want. Some people say nonexistent stats is a good thing for a corner, but not when the pass defense is ranked in the bottom of the NFL.

No doubt why we tagged the man...............I wish there was a "send a text to TD and Nolan" button in here maybe you could teach him something.

We will regret bringing back grimes and not going after Williams. This will be considered another Failured on TD's part.

Grimes might very well hold out this year, no way in **** we are paying another corner 10 mill+ per year. TD will try to low ball it at around 6-7 and that ain't going to happen.

Worse case is Grimes holds out, Best case is we only get Grimes for 1 more year when we could have went after a premiere DE to take our defense to the next level. corners can be found every year in FA and the draft, not DE in thier prime.

How do we get the Fire TD/Mike Smith threads started...and they can take Matt Ryan with them too.

Sign him, he deserves every bit of what Finnegan got and more. If your general manager knew how to evaluate talent at the CB position then maybe we'd be in the position to let him walk. We'd have someone that could slide right in with no noticeable drop off but we don't. Give that man his $10 million a year, he's earned it.

Franks and Owens looked pretty good on the outside last year. Dont know what you saw that makes you think they played terribly.

I thought they played really well towards the end of the season myself. And having Nolan can only help them. Both of them are super fast.

TD and Smith are so far out of their league, honestly, they do not have any idea what they're doing.

Grimes will NEVER be the same. Two major injuries (hip/knee), plus he was never considered a shutdown corner.

Spending all your cap money on Grimes (140 lbs wet) is a joke. TD does not know good talent when he sees it.

This org. is in a complete mess.

Now we're adding injuries? Why would you say he had a hip injury? You are clueless! And you're right about TD not knowing what he's doing. Id bet my last dollar this move is all Nolan. He came in here and saw talent and refused to let it go. He saw Lofton and said...he's a dime a dozen and let him walk! Smart man if you ask me!

Sign him, he deserves every bit of what Finnegan got and more. If your general manager knew how to evaluate talent at the CB position then maybe we'd be in the position to let him walk. We'd have someone that could slide right in with no noticeable drop off but we don't. Give that man his $10 million a year, he's earned it.

actually, there wasn't much drop off when Grimes went down. Our pass D sucked with Grimes in, and it sucked with him out. If we are going to be giving up 300+ yards a game with Robinson and Grimes at CB, I'm much more comfortable doing it while paying them a collective 10 mil instead of 20 mil for the same result.