Lolz Yall Are Too Funny. What Were You Expecting?

KRUNKuno

Mario Williams is about the only big name free agent that will get people excited around here. Getting him would be a double edged sword however. People will say we signed him for too much, which is what we'd have to do to get him. He would fill a need though.

But answer this for me....who were you all expecting to see us sign within the first 5 hours of free agency???

Let's run down our needs....

OL.....maybe we could go after Nicks. I'm a fan of Evan Mathis, maybe even kick the tires on Vernon Carey. But keep in mind we signed Manuwai. I'm sure he'll battle to start. Maybe we could go after McNeil. The point is, these are not guys that HAVE to be signed right away.

DL....maybe we do go after Mario Williams, but keep in mind we'd have to wait for him to visit us first. The guy is in Buffalo right now. We could definitely make an under the radar splash with Paul Soliai, but he too is not a guy that we have to put the full court press on just to get.

I'm not saying, "calm down. TD knows what he's doing." I'm just saying what the f#%* were you guys expecting?

when you have to franchise your corner for 10.6 mil, it kind of puts a monkey wrench into things.

It shouldn't have came to that because it appears that all they have been doing is spinning their wheels while they will claim that it is "due diligence." They knew what they were going to do because if they didn't, they would have made a play on someone other than the folks that has been on our roster for the past four years and the two that were out of football last year.

They should have worked out a deal with Grimes before. I just wonder why they sit on their hands so much.

Edited by DaDirtyBirdGetsda1stWerm

I was hoping to at least hear about us going after some of these players aggressively. Maybe trying to schedule a visit or something. I definitely didn't expect to hear silence from the camp. Hopefully we are just keeping our deals under the wraps for now though and we'll announce them once it's finalized

when you have to franchise your corner for 10.6 mil, it kind of puts a monkey wrench into things.

Did he officially sign it bc last I heard he had no plans of signing the deal, and judging by his wife's twitter profile about the "WEAK *** Falcon's Fans" i'm not even sure he might come back. IMO we should pull the offer and pay another CB who has talent and may want less. If worst comes to worst I honestly don't mind having Franks as the starter and spending big money on a big time pass rusher.

Guest TheIdowu

I could tell you what I WASN"T expecting. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . Chris hot dayum Redman back for yet another hot dayum season

Did he officially sign it bc last I heard he had no plans of signing the deal, and judging by his wife's twitter profile about the "WEAK *** Falcon's Fans" i'm not even sure he might come back. IMO we should pull the offer and pay another CB who has talent and may want less. If worst comes to worst I honestly don't mind having Franks as the starter and spending big money on a big time pass rusher.

hasn't signed it, but you have to go into free agency expecting that he either signs it or you get a contract done. A contract will be no less than 8 mil IMO.

Any real fans know that the good GM's wait for all the desperate GM's to overpay for the hype players. They also know that another round of cuts are coming. Atlanta still needs to work out a contract for Grimes, and they have to restructure/extend Ryan. They will sign a lineman or two towards the end of the week, and will draft defense.

In the past four years, Atlanta did the right thing and held back on overspending at the opening of free agency, and they've had winning seasons al four years. They're obviously doing something right.

I'm happy that TD doesn't run out to get the shiny toys in FA, BUT I do wish we would be doing something...anything. I just don't want to be mopping up has beens and coulda beens from other teams. We need a piece for the O-Line and D-Line, bad. We need upgrades. The time is now.

I'm still a TD guy but I'm losing patience with him.

D. Led just said via twitter that he expects the Falcons to sign Kendall Langford b/c he's a Mike Nolan guy

He might as well have said it via loud wet fart, because it would be worth about as much.

Not that I'd mind Langford. Just that D Led doesn't know squat about squat when it comes to this team.

It shouldn't have came to that because it appears that all they have been doing is spinning their wheels while they will claim that it is "due diligence." They knew what they were going to do because if they didn't, they would have made a play on someone other than the folks that has been on our roster for the past four years and the two that were out of football last year.

They should have worked out a deal with Grimes before. I just wonder why they sit on their hands so much.

It's a business bottom line. It is just like at your job. You believe that you are worth more than you are paid and you boss thinks that you are worth this. You either find a happy medium, or walk away and hope that the next boss that hires you is not at a worse company. The same can be said for grimes. He believes he is worth X and the FO believe that he is worth Y.