Alex Smith

Dago 3.0

the 49ers have allowed him to become an FA. They have a lot of cap room....are they looking to get into the running for Manning or Flynn? Or are they just that confident that nobody else wants Smith that he will go running back to them (and if that is the case why would THEY want him?)

anybody hear anything? this is pretty much out of the blue....nobody expected this

the 49ers have allowed him to become an FA. They have a lot of cap room....are they looking to get into the running for Manning or Flynn? Or are they just that confident that nobody else wants Smith that he will go running back to them (and if that is the case why would THEY want him?)

anybody hear anything? this is pretty much out of the blue....nobody expected this

I think they're willing to let him test the waters. I don't know of any teams all that interested in him. He's not that good. I firmly believe they're gonna sign Josh Johnson and then if he wants to come back and compete with Johnson they'll re-sign him at a drastically reduced salary.

I think they're willing to let him test the waters. I don't know of any teams all that interested in him. He's not that good. I firmly believe they're gonna sign Josh Johnson and then if he wants to come back and compete with Johnson they'll re-sign him at a drastically reduced salary.

Man that's the cold hard truth of the NFL. He is re-born this year, leads them to a great win against NO, almost led them to the SB (ST gave that game away) and now he's possibly on his way out. Can't blame players for grabbing as much $$$ as they can if teams show that kind of total lack of loyalty.