Right Now, I'm Really Not Understanding "the Plan".....or "the Process".....or Whatever It Is That The Theme Is This Year?

g-dawg

It seems to be that the #1 priority should be improving the pass rush. If season started today (and thank God it does not), Who is our pass rushers? Bierrman/Sidbury/Matthews? The "not ready for primetime" players....

Even if we move to a 3-4, I don't see any of those guys as dominating 3-4 OLBs......I don't want Abe back because he's too friggin' old and in decline - but I thought we would be lookin' to upgrade Abe.

At the very least, I was thinking Jeremy Mincey. When the bidding got too high for Bears on Mario, they downshifted and are not pursuing Jeremy Mincey.

I've heard nothing yet about Falcons pursuing Mincey.......

Somebody clue me in on what the plan is to IMPROVE the passrush - right now its worse than in 2011 - and the passrush was putrid in 2011.

Yes, I realize we have Mike Nolan now and he will scheme great - but we gotta get the man some talent.

Hopefully when this is all said-and-done, the plan will become evident - but I don't see it right now - no other real passrushers out there in this free agent class other than Mario or Mincey.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Name one person that's been signed so far that we could have used. Just one.

I don't think it's the lack of signing, but the lack of discussions, visits. We can't seriously be thinking we can replace John Abraham and fix the hole at RG and LT with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. It's the seeming lack of interest that's disturbing. This isn't the year to bandaid up the lines and get cute. FA is our only option to resolve our biggest issues.

Guest TheIdowu

Name one person that's been signed so far that we could have used. Just one.

Allow me to re-emphasize and drive home this great point!

And now the Bears are looking at Mincey. Fabulous. It's great to know we didn't take a shot at Mario because we have players like Baker eating 2.6m on the bench. Honestly, it's great.

How many reports were there that the Eagles were about to sign Aso?

Oh, there were zero? Exactly. Chill the F out. Jesus.

I'm telling you--Sid has more in the tank than you guys give him credit for--just watch...

I think Sid has some upside and can be developed.......but after two years in a row of humiliating playoff losses - sorry, selling the potential of El Sid - I don't even think Arthur Blank can sell that.

I don't understand what the so-called "process" is either g-dawg. Granted, I haven't been calling for Mario but I was hoping that we would have been linked to a DT and LT. It is disappointing that it seems that the FO was just filling our heads with a bunch of hoopla nothing. I could be wrong but it just seems that Smitty and TD are comfortable with the roster that they have. I am beginning to question TDs ability to actually assess the value of FA when they are in the market.

If Falcons miss out on Mario - I can live w/ that - if there is an aggressive plan that makes sense behind it. I am more confident now that we have Mike Nolan - but he needs playmakers and right now the only playmakers he has is Spoon and Grimes.

If Falcons came up with something like:

DE-Jeremy Mincey

NT-Paul Soliai

LT-Jared Gaither/Marcus McNeil/Anthony Collins

I could get on board with something like that.......The only one we have been linked to so far is Soliai and that was only in one article.

I don't think it's the lack of signing, but the lack of discussions, visits. We can't seriously be thinking we can replace John Abraham and fix the hole at RG and LT with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. It's the seeming lack of interest that's disturbing. This isn't the year to bandaid up the lines and get cute. FA is our only option to resolve our biggest issues.

Thank you

Are you willing to bet Mike Smith and Thomas Dimitroff's job on that?

If I were them, I wouldn't.

+1 but I'm out of them.

The theme this year is. "I am a genius and everyone will see that I knew what I was doing and had a plan with all of those draft fizzles and not resigning anyone til FA came."

If Falcons miss out on Mario - I can live w/ that - if there is an aggressive plan that makes sense behind it. I am more confident now that we have Mike Nolan - but he needs playmakers and right now the only playmakers he has is Spoon and Grimes.

If Falcons came up with something like:

DE-Jeremy Mincey

NT-Paul Soliai

LT-Jared Gaither/Marcus McNeil/Anthony Collins

I could get on board with something like that.......The only one we have been linked to so far is Soliai and that was only in one article.

I would be fine with the DT and one of the LT. I was hoping that we would have been linked to two of those guys at some point today. I guess that they are doing business "under the table" like usual.

Exactly...I smell 6-10 with the roster as is. A good looking 6-10 with some awesome defensive plays and some fireworks on offense, but still 6-10.

here is the thing.......

Saints still have Brees

Lions are gettin' better

Niners are gettin' better

Cards will get better if Peyton signs there...

Panthers are gettin' better....

Tampa will get better with V-Jax and Nicks....

Green Bay is great.

NY Giants are SB champs.....

Bears are good team

That is a lot of good teams in NFC......If Falcons don't get better on personnel - we might not even make the playoffs again.

I'm telling you--Sid has more in the tank than you guys give him credit for--just watch...

I agree. 4 sacks in EXTREMELY limited playing time. I think the kid is ready to be featured more. If you are never gonna give guys you have been grooming the chance to play, whats the point of even drafting past the 2nd round?

honestly this isn't madden. You can't "click" on a guy and submit an instant offer. we were not allowed to talk to anyone about money before today. If we give these guys the first thing they ask for before doing your due diligence and actually negotiating you become the Washington Redskins.

Guys,

we need to chill out. None of the OL that we are looking at have not signed. Mario, and Mincey have not signed. I am sure that TD and AB are playing this close to the vest.

Lets not throw the same people under the bus that have taken us to the best 3 years in franchise history.

I agree that we got to have more than Bierman,Sid, Edwards. Sid and Bierman are okay at getting pressure, but both stink in run support. We have to do something, EVERYBODY can see that the only way to slow down Bress, Rodgers, Manning, etc is to have a pass rush. You can have all pro corners, but still struggle. Giants won a superbowl with half their secondary on IR.

With all that said, if Mario is asking for too much, their isn't much out their aside from Mincey, and Abraham. Got to find a pass rush from somewhere though.