Ok I Give Up

apl2g

Every year the Falcons do this. they let all the big names get overpayed in the first day or so of free agency.. then they overpay for the somewhat big names that teams want but refuse to overpay for.. This year i thought it was gonna be different but i give up. I really thought we were gonna be active on the first day but i don't know why i thought that. I give up on hoping for an overpriced free agent..

Every year the Falcons do this. they let all the big names get overpayed in the first day or so of free agency.. then they overpay for the somewhat big names that teams want but refuse to overpay for.. This year i thought it was gonna be different but i give up. I really thought we were gonna be active on the first day but i don't know why i thought that. I give up on hoping for an overpriced free agent..

Wait...what? You WANTED an "overpriced free agent?"

Wait...what? You WANTED an "overpriced free agent?"

Thats what it would have been if we signed Mario Williams if it's true that he wants Peppers money! Even if he doesn't want peppers money he's gonna want more than he's actually worth so he would have been overpayed

Star players are paid--- not overpaid--- if they produce.

Had Dunta been signed and played in a man-cover scheme, he would have been just fine.

Had TD actually looked at the defense BVG ran (or tried to run), he might not have signed Dunta.

I don't agree with that. I think most big name free agents that sign on the first day are overpayed.. even if they have career years after they sign they usually sign for more than they are really worth... they usually end up restructuring the contracts or getting cut to save cap space a few years later anyway

Mario is reportedly being offered $50 million guaranteed by the Bills and more money overall than Peppers. That is crazy. That would take us out of any chance to get an OL or sign some of our own FAs, including Grimes. I wish him well but think we can get better value out of two (still) high priced FAs for less money than that.