Nfl Network's Laconfora & Lombardi Expects Buffalo To Sign Mario Williams...

g-dawg

Obviously everyone knows that Mario took his first visit tonight to Buffalo.

From the way LaConfora tells it, all the negotiating was mostly done on the phone and Chicago and some other team(not Falcons) would not go as high as Buffalo did.

So, from the way they tell it.....Mario is likely gone.....Oh well!

If this is true, glad he's going to an AFC team...

agreed......if Falcons don't get Mario, I could not be more happy about the team he chose. To go to Buffalo, it truly was about just going to the highest bidder.....I'm not blaming him, but dayum.......friggin' Buffalo. Yew....

Man Buffalo would be a terrible place to live. I was ther for 3 months and it was just awful.

I don't think his agent is too smart. New York State taxes are probably 10% per year. He could take 10% less and live in Jacksonville or Houston where there are no state income taxes, its not butt-cold and where the women actually are attractive.

agreed......if Falcons don't get Mario, I could not be more happy about the team he chose. To go to Buffalo, it truly was about just going to the highest bidder.....I'm not blaming him, but dayum.......friggin' Buffalo. Yew....

Don't forget that the Bills started last season pretty darn good... but I agree, this is more about the money! I do see the Bills starting to get some pieces in place to be a good team, but even if they do add Williams, IMO they are still not an immediate playoff team and still the 3rd (admittedly arguably) best team in that division.

I don't think his agent is too smart. New York State taxes are probably 10% per year. He could take 10% less and live in Jacksonville or Houston where there are no state income taxes, its not butt-cold and where the women actually are attractive.

He'll be next to Canada. Can't do any worse than anywhere else. Also, Bills is fine. I'll still root for him there. Glad he's not a buc like some people.

Also, don't start any Mincey threads too soon.

Yep...8% on everything, and an additional alchohol tax, whether to go or in a bar/ restaurant.

Guest Negatorris

I don't think players care about Superbowls anymore. It's just: "SHOW ME DA MONEY! I COULD CARE LESS IF YOUR QB IS A 14 YEAR OLD GIRLS LOLZZZZ!"

I agree too. I'm concerned about the Falcons getting a solid pass rush though. We shall see I guess.

LOL, Sounds like TD is looking for a K-mart Blue Light special in FA and the announcement will probably be something like "This move will make the Falcons more competitive". My thing is I don't just want to settle for being competitive as a fan, I want to see the Falcons start being dominate at least in some areas for a change instead of mediocre.

I honestly believe the O-line get's fixed this year, who's to say it didn't get fixed the other day with the signing of Vince M., and the LB on defense sounds like a good signing also. Bottom ine is anything less than a playoff win this season IMO will be a complete failure even with a new OC and DC. JMO........

He'll be next to Canada. Can't do any worse than anywhere else. Also, Bills is fine. I'll still root for him there. Glad he's not a buc like some people.

Also, don't start any Mincey threads too soon.

I thought you said before that you only root for players that play for the Falcons?

I agree too. I'm concerned about the Falcons getting a solid pass rush though. We shall see I guess.

LOL, Sounds like TD is looking for a K-mart Blue Light special in FA and the announcement will probably be something like "This move will make the Falcons more competitive". My thing is I don't just want to settle for being competitive as a fan, I want to see the Falcons start being dominate at least in some areas for a change instead of mediocre.

I honestly believe the O-line get's fixed this year, who's to say it didn't get fixed the other day with the signing of Vince M., and the LB on defense sounds like a good signing also. Bottom ine is anything less than a playoff win this season IMO will be a complete failure even with a new OC and DC. JMO........

I can understand this, but signing MW doesn't guarantee anything except tons of money spent. If we could somehow magically sign him for a reasonable rate then I would be beyond excited. Just the fact that he's considering the Bills means he wants HUGE money, and I'd rather hunt for our own talent. I'm a huge fan of defense in the "old" NFL, but we need to fix the O-Line in this pass happy league.

I do share the same feeling for being more than just competitive as an Atlanta fan... most fans here do, but things have to be done within reason. My opinion of course.