Redskins Signed Garcon, Royal & Morgan. I Thought They Were Over The Cap

Redskins | Eddie Royal agrees to terms

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:13:56 -0700

The Washington Redskins have agreed to terms with free-agent WR Eddie Royal (Broncos). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Redskins | Joshua Morgan signed

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:59:18 -0700

The Washington Redskins have signed free-agent WR Joshua Morgan (49ers) to a two-year, $6 million deal.

I thought the Redskins were is serious Cap trouble?

Redskins | Eddie Royal agrees to terms

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:13:56 -0700

The Washington Redskins have agreed to terms with free-agent WR Eddie Royal (Broncos). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...0#ixzz1p2etV6Jt

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:59:18 -0700

The Washington Redskins have signed free-agent WR Joshua Morgan (49ers) to a two-year, $6 million deal.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...s#ixzz1p2f3IbKZ

I thought the Redskins were is serious Cap trouble?

If not this year then next year.

I think this was as good as they could do in their situation. They didn't get an elite receiver but they did get 3 #2 type receivers. Looks like Saints north. They're going to have to do some serious maneuvering next year because that $36 Million is coming out at some time.

Profootballtalk reports the Redskins have agreed to terms with WR Josh Morgan on a five-year, $12 million contract.

The five years are misleading, apparently in an attempt to extend the proration of the signing bonus. The deal will void after two years and contains a more than respectable $7.5 million in guarantees. Morgan was viewed around the league as a solid playmaker under-utilized by the 49ers. He'll join Pierre Garcon, and likely Eddie Royal, in a revamped Redskins receiving corps. Santana Moss and Jabar Gaffney are on notice while Leonard Hankerson is blocked.