Obviously Nolan Saw Something In Lofton He Didn't Like

It's pretty obvious to me Nolan saw something in Lofton he didn't like or figured wouldn't fit into his plans. That said, I have to be honest Lofton never impressed me much but I thought his run support was pretty good. I hope we have a good plan B though because we can not afford to drop off in stopping the run.

Cautiously trusting the front office...

he was good enough to earn the check he is about to receive now and I am thankful for having him as we all should be. Sure he was no Ray Lewis but he still got the job done to the best of his abilities so let's try not to bash on the man and be happy for him I am.

I'm thinking Lofton views himself as a 3 down Linebacker, and Nolan thought otherwise.

I'd say that and the contract price is why he hasn't resigned here yet.

Don't count on him being gone totally though, if he doesn't get any biters quickly, maybe we can swoop in the for the right price.

The thing that Lofton did that I hated was he didn't make many impact plays in the backfield or big hits. His run support was solid and was adequate in coverage but he never made many plays for us. Just clean up tackles. He is a solid MLB but nothing special like ray Lewis or anything.

Name a big hit he had? Don't worry I'll wait

The thing that Lofton did that I hated was he didn't make many impact plays in the backfield or big hits. His run support was solid and was adequate in coverage but he never made many plays for us. Just clean up tackles. He is a solid MLB but nothing special like ray Lewis or anything.

Aaron Rodgers fumble 2 years ago when we played them in the regular season.

Last real big play he made tbh.

Nah

Lofton was such a rock in middle and ayed gaps in run game to free up Spoon to make plays

Spoon will now have to worry more about filling gaps and shedding blocks

Spoon will take step back

That makes no sense. Spoon is an athlete and prepared to be a vocal leader. There is nothing I have seen to back up your statement.

It's pretty obvious to me Nolan saw something in Lofton he didn't like or figured wouldn't fit into his plans. That said, I have to be honest Lofton never impressed me much but I thought his run support was pretty good. I hope we have a good plan B though because we can not afford to drop off in stopping the run.

Cautiously trusting the front office...

If it was still the 90s he would be a great MLB, but it's not, and he can't cover to save his life. Let someone else overpay for him.

Guest Negatorris

Lofton was good stuffing the run. Nothing he did effected the pass positively though. He's almost like Ray Edwards, even though he doesn't need to try and get to the QB on every play. His knees are messed up too. He's definitely not worth elite LB money, because he isn't a complete LB.

I'll wait also!!