Bucs Sign Vj

SaintRay

bucs are getting scarrier

I'd hardly call a team on a 10 game losing streak scary! But, it looks like we're FINALLY very serious about getting this thing turned around! VJack, Nicks and Lofton will immediately improve us!

Edited by jb.069

Bucs gonna be alot better with those guys in the mix, if they get all 3, they are easy a Playoff team....

Let's not get ahead of ourselves! Am I happy? ******* THRILLED! But I want to see some play. What it shows is our ownership has finally gotten serious about winning. If Schiano can creat a cohesive unit on both sides of the ball we've got a start with some fine pieces in place!

So JB after this Flurry what else do the bucs do? any clue?

I was surprised they didn't go after Carr or Finnegan. I have a feeling they'll be looking at a few 2nd tier free agent corners next week. If the can land VJ, Nicks & Lofton by this weekend I'd say the front office deserves a few hours off. They're looking at a runningback also but the best one available was tagged so they'll be looking @ Hillis from what I heard earlier today. I Hope Not, cuz the kid seems like a real doucherag!

I will say, the fan base is plenty pumped and the ticket office will finally start getting busy again. Last time I was over there I had to walk through a hallway of cobwebs just to get in.

As expected, the Buccaneers have agreed to terms with receiver Vincent Jackson, according to a source with knowledge of the deal.

It’s a five-year deal worth a grand total of $55,555,555.

He gets $26 million fully guaranteed, via a $2 million roster bonus in 2012 and a fully-guaranteed $11 million base salary in 2012. For 2013, he gets a $13 million base salary, fully guaranteed.

The last three years aren’t fully guaranteed, with a $10 million base salary in 2014, a base salary of $9,777,777 in 2015, and a base salary of $9,777,778 in 2016.

As expected, the Buccaneers have agreed to terms with receiver Vincent Jackson, according to a source with knowledge of the deal.

It’s a five-year deal worth a grand total of $55,555,555.

He gets $26 million fully guaranteed, via a $2 million roster bonus in 2012 and a fully-guaranteed $11 million base salary in 2012. For 2013, he gets a $13 million base salary, fully guaranteed.

The last three years aren’t fully guaranteed, with a $10 million base salary in 2014, a base salary of $9,777,777 in 2015, and a base salary of $9,777,778 in 2016.

They overpaid...obviously but they've now got a true #1 receiver that can stretch the field and unless he really struts his stuff in '12 & '13 he'll never see the the last 3 years.

I'm psyched! Now it's on to Nicks & Lofton!

Can't comment on the money (if he's worth it or not) but if he can learn to use a designated driver every now and then, then that is a studly acquisition! He is a legit, elite WR.

He's already been set up with a limousine service.