Marques Colston : Back To Work

SaintRay

The Epitomy of a Football Player in my opinion.....I love seeing this guy back in the fold >>>

By Pat Yasinskas

Shortly after he agreed to a five-year contract worth about $40 million on Tuesday, the New Orleans Saints sent out a statement from wide receiver Marques Colston.

Colston“This was important to me, to be back with this team in this situation,” said Colston. “I was not looking to chase free agency; it was more important for me to be back in our program, a program we have been building and a program I believe in. The Saints have been loyal to me from the beginning and I want to thank my agent Joel Segal and Saints (general manager) Mickey Loomis for getting this deal done before free agency. Now it is time to get back to work and win some more rings.”

That’s vintage Colston. He doesn’t have the “diva’’ personality so many receivers have and that quote is perhaps the longest I've ever seen from him. Colston is quiet and all about business and even though offseason programs don’t start until April, there’s little doubt Colston will be working out very soon — if he hasn’t been already.

Now the real question is with Nicks gone now which would Breesus had preferred. Nicks or Colston?

I'm not too sure that is "the real question" blink.png but Brees did tweet this:

Can't tell you how excited I am for Marques Colston. A champion. Nobody deserves it more. Happy for my guy

So I don't think Brees is 'livid' or anything...even though we're all sure that you'd take no pleasure in that.

Look at his height in that photo! That's impossible to defend against. And some try to minimize his ability and claim he's lucky Brees is the QB. No doubt that doesn't hurt him, but the guy has skills. He may not be a burner, but he is always open. And now he'll likely end his career having only played with a HOF QB. He already has a Super Bowl ring and figures to get another. Not a bad decision by Colston to reup if you ask me.