Colin Cowherd Had An Interesting Word About Mario Today

Bring It

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of like a young Abe. Feast on bad teams.

His best games according to PFF as far as pass rushing this year was:

1. Houston

2. Jacksonville

3. Chicago

4. Tennessee

5. Detroit

Good teams there. 9 sacks, 2 hits and 14 pressures along with 2 batted passes over these 5 games.

I am not a Mario loony, however I think he would be a great pick up. He may or may not be worth the money, but I can't take settling for another Ray Ray. We need a legitimate pass rusher if we do lose Abe.

But FalconinPA, Mario has done what we already hate. Make is name on bad offenses. He disappears in crucial times, so why over pay someone just not to show up in the 1st round of the playoffs again? Then we will be having 20+ threads next year talking about we need to cut Mario, but he will cost $$$$$ towards our cap hit. Just the same way we were talking about D. Robinson.

The Bears grabbed Julius Peppers and made their way to a NFC Championship game. He's worth the money. It's not just about sack numbers, it's about taking double teams, and giving opportunities to the LBs and other Dlinemen. Teams will have to gameplan for Mario. Losing Abe, we have nobody for teams to really have to change a gameplan over.

You think teams didn't have to double team or gameplan for Abraham? Mario Williams is not some sort of pass rushing demon that gets 30 sacks a year. Mario Williams is John Abraham+. Mario is not fixing our pass rushing problems by himself.

His best games according to PFF as far as pass rushing this year was:

1. Houston

2. Jacksonville

3. Chicago

4. Tennessee

5. Detroit

Good teams there. 9 sacks, 2 hits and 14 pressures along with 2 batted passes over these 5 games.

I am confused....I thought he only payed 5 games, and had 5 sack last season?

EDIT: ohhh, i get it now. That was Abraham......duh. stupid cold medicine is making me so air-headed today. lol

how about 6 more years of production, if all things were equal, cant say the same for Abe

I understand that. Your'e talking about from now going forward. I get it. What most everyone forgets is that we had basically Mario Williams in Abraham the last 6 or 7 years and what difference did he make? Now if you're talking about adding more elite pass rushers then yeah go get Mario, but if you think Mario is going to fix our pass rush problems, you're going to be dissapointed.

Mark Anderson

Kam Wimbley

Jeremy Mincey

John Abraham

Dwight Freeney

all these guys will likely be 1/2 or less of the $15M figure being tagged to Mario Williams.

Freeney is about the only guy on your list worth anything for the future

Abe is old, Mincey has had 1 decent year out of 5, Wimbley is a LB, anderson had 13.5 sacks in the middle part of his 4 years, only his first year and last year were worth anything, he is a risk, would love to trade for Freeney

Wimbley was a 4-3 end coming out of FSU. IMO he would be a fine edge rusher.

I think Freeney is going to get the axe in IND. I dont think anybody is going to trade for him since his cap hit is like $14 or $18M.

I would be fine with Freeney on a 3 year deal if he gets cut....especially if it is like $8M per and not $15M like Mario is rumored to get.

You think teams didn't have to double team or gameplan for Abraham? Mario Williams is not some sort of pass rushing demon that gets 30 sacks a year. Mario Williams is John Abraham+. Mario is not fixing our pass rushing problems by himself.

Reread what I said:

Losing Abe, we have nobody for teams to really have to change a gameplan over.

My point is with Abe walking out the door, we have no one to fear on our Dline. Sorry, Jeremy Mincey isn't going to strike fear in Sean Payton's heart.

Reread what I said:

My point is with Abe walking out the door, we have no one to fear on our Dline. Sorry, Jeremy Mincey isn't going to strike fear in Sean Payton's heart.

So you want to overpay for about the same production you get from Abraham? We're what 2-8 against the saints with Abraham here. I understand that our pass rush will likely take a hit if we don't have either one, but that money needs to go towards protecting our #1 investment. I think Mario is a great end but by himself he's not changing our pass rush.

thats cause he stepped all the time.. thats the inside push, thats DTs fault not the DEs

I think it is more credit that the interior line for the Saints is all world, and the tackles are not.

They schemed to their strengths. Can't hate our DTs for not getting through that wall, since really, nobody did.

But FalconinPA, Mario has done what we already hate. Make is name on bad offenses. He disappears in crucial times, so why over pay someone just not to show up in the 1st round of the playoffs again? Then we will be having 20+ threads next year talking about we need to cut Mario, but he will cost $$$$$ towards our cap hit. Just the same way we were talking about D. Robinson.

You are right to an extent, but I would rather take my chances with Mario. We now have quite a few players that disappear in the playoffs or at crucial times. I say at least give him a try. A new home may go alone way in redemption.

You are right to an extent, but I would rather take my chances with Mario. We now have quite a few players that disappear in the playoffs or at crucial times. I say at least give him a try. A new home may go alone way in redemption.

Ok with give him a try, but do you REALLY want to give him a try at a whooping 18-20 mill a year deal?