Colin Cowherd Had An Interesting Word About Mario Today

Bring It

On his radio show this morning Cowherd said any team who would pay 10 to 14 million per year for Mario are IDIOTS ??

"For what" ?, he asked.................for a few more sacks per year than some other good young D player for 1/5 the price ??

"Total insanity" per Cowherd.

You know what ??

I agree with him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think with all that talent he has, he'd also put up well into double digit sacks year in year out but he's only broke 9 twice. According to PFF, he also feasts mostly on bad tackles where he racks up his stats.

Good player but not worth the money he'll get, especially if it's 10+ million a year

I like what Colin has to say most of the time, but his radio show can be a little blunt at times. You are not paying Mario just for those 15 sacks per year. if the man is worth the money he will be a three down player that puts constant pressure on the offensive line to contain him. Also if they have to double team him it will give a solid tackle the chance to get into the action too.

In the end he makes everyone else around him better....

You'd think with all that talent he has, he'd also put up well into double digit sacks year in year out but he's only broke 9 twice. According to PFF, he also feasts mostly on bad tackles where he racks up his stats.

Good player but not worth the money he'll get, especially if it's 10+ million a year

Kind of like a young Abe. Feast on bad teams.

On his radio show this morning Cowherd said any team who would pay 10 to 14 million per year for Mario are IDIOTS ??

"For what" ?, he asked.................for a few more sacks per year than some other good young D player for 1/5 the price ??

You know what ??

I agree with him.

Been on that page for months.

Not as bad as five picks for a WR but pretty close.

Give me Mark Anderson AND Kamerion Wimbley for LESS than Mario per season!

Right now I am on the fence. I would love to see MW in ATL after seeing the difference Peppers and Allen made for their teams after moving, but I worry the weaknesses last season at LT, RG could really haunt this team if they arent properly addressed....especially if our 2nd best OLman (McClure) isn't re-signed. Turner needs holes and Ryan needs time.

The Bears grabbed Julius Peppers and made their way to a NFC Championship game. He's worth the money. It's not just about sack numbers, it's about taking double teams, and giving opportunities to the LBs and other Dlinemen. Teams will have to gameplan for Mario. Losing Abe, we have nobody for teams to really have to change a gameplan over.

You know what ??

I agree with him.

only two other players in NFL have a better sack total/ game than Mario in last 4 years - DeMarcus Ware and Jared Allen........but, according to Cowherd's measure, I guess those guys are a waste of money as well, huh?

theres only 5 DE's listed in SI's top 40 free agents, 2 of them are over the age of 33(Abe and Parker,) another is Jeremy Mincey, 15 sacks in 5 years, the other is Mario and lastly the fear inducing Dave Tollefson, enough said