We Better Get Super Mario!

Number2

We are closest to his hometown and are one of the better teams pursuing him. With no 1st round pick we need a DE Biermann, Sidbury and Edwards would be one of the worst group of DE's in the league combined sack total last year was only 10 Sacks!! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THIS GUY BLANK AND TD!!

http://blogs.nfl.com..._headline_stack

Bears Expected to Come Hard After Mario Williams

A player like Mario Williams doesn’t reach the open market too often.

Williams, 27, is an premiere pass rusher in the prime of his career. He’s a player that any team covets, but not many can afford.

That includes the Texans, who are only approximately $650,000 under the cap. Houston will be fine, however, having built a young and dynamic front seven that showed it could thrive without Williams after he went down with a season-ending injury in October.

The Bears could be the first team Williams visits, and it might be the only team. It’s believed Chicago will go hard after him. The Bears are also expected to pursue wide receiver Vincent Jackson, and it could end up being an either/or type of situation for the team.

The Jaguars also want in on the Williams sweepstakes, but it’s unclear if he would be open to joining a team in rebuilding mode.

Williams, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, tallied 53 career sacks in six seasons in Houston. A torn pectoral muscle limited him to just five games in 2011.

Follow Jason La Canfora on Twitter @JasonLaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com..._headline_stack

Bears Expected to Come Hard After Mario Williams

A player like Mario Williams doesn’t reach the open market too often.

Williams, 27, is an premiere pass rusher in the prime of his career. He’s a player that any team covets, but not many can afford.

That includes the Texans, who are only approximately $650,000 under the cap. Houston will be fine, however, having built a young and dynamic front seven that showed it could thrive without Williams after he went down with a season-ending injury in October.

The Bears could be the first team Williams visits, and it might be the only team. It’s believed Chicago will go hard after him. The Bears are also expected to pursue wide receiver Vincent Jackson, and it could end up being an either/or type of situation for the team.

The Jaguars also want in on the Williams sweepstakes, but it’s unclear if he would be open to joining a team in rebuilding mode.

Williams, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, tallied 53 career sacks in six seasons in Houston. A torn pectoral muscle limited him to just five games in 2011.

Follow Jason La Canfora on Twitter @JasonLaCanfora.

Ok La Canfora isn't that great of a reporter lol

are you saying Mario is not an elite pass rusher, or you would want 2 elite pass rushers?

Mario is 2nd only behind Jared Allen in pressures per snap since coming into the NFL.

Not a blind Mario homer, but cant deny that after reading it today. He is also 2 or 3 in % of hs sacks coming in only a 4 man rush/no litz.

are you saying Mario is not an elite pass rusher, or you would want 2 elite pass rushers?

Mario is 2nd only behind Jared Allen in pressures per snap since coming into the NFL.

Not a blind Mario homer, but cant deny that after reading it today. He is also 2 or 3 in % of hs sacks coming in only a 4 man rush/no litz.

Jared Allen had 22 sacks and the Vikings didn't even sniff at the playoffs.

he also isn't the only one saying CHI is hot for MW90.

Just because you dont agree doesnt mean it has no weight.

this MB has a tendancy of dismissing credibility if they dont like the news, lol.

Ok well I don't think the bears will get him that would be at least 180 million tied up in defensive ends and has a team ever done that? I didn't think so.

Jared Allen had 22 sacks and the Vikings didn't even sniff at the playoffs.

a QB corps of McNabb and Ponder had more to do with that than anything.

that argument doesnt hold much weight with me because DE is a need of ATL.

No one position wins it all, but a pass rush is pretty important,and without Abe this team doesnt have it.

I dont care if a pass rush comes from Mario or someone else, but they need to get better pressure nex season, period.

a QB corps of McNabb and Ponder had more to do with that than anything.

that argument doesnt hold much weight with me because DE is a need of ATL.

No one position wins it all, but a pass rush is pretty important,and without Abe this team doesnt have it.

I dont care if a pass rush comes from Mario or someone else, but they need to get better pressure nex season, period.

DE is definately a need here, but we need more than just one.

Ok well I don't think the bears will get him that would be at least 180 million tied up in defensive ends and has a team ever done that? I didn't think so.

no, but it doesnt mean they cant do it either.

dont get so worked up about it, I am just th messenger.

Bottom line is the Bears have a ton of cap space, Lovie wants Mario, so it makes CHI a very possible option.