Saints Colston Agrees To A Deal.

Take Marques Colston off the list of free agents set to hit the market as part of Tuesday's frenzy.

The Saints receiver has agreed to a new five-year contract with the team, Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Tuesday.

Colston will receive a maximum of roughly $40 million over five years, with just under $20 million guaranteed, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

"This was important to me, to be back with this team in this situation," Colston said in a statement released by the team. "I was not looking to chase free agency; it was more important for me to be back in our program, a program we have been building and a program I believe in. The Saints have been loyal to me from the beginning and I want to thank my agent Joel Segal and Saints (general manager) Mickey Loomis for getting this deal done before free agency. Now it is time to get back to work and win some more rings."

The sides were hard at work on a deal in the hours leading up to free agency.

One of quarterback Drew Brees' top targets, Colston has logged 6,240 receiving yards and 48 touchdowns during his six NFL seasons.

“Since we drafted Marques in 2006, he’s been everything that we are looking for in a New Orleans Saint as a player and a person," Loomis said. "Credit goes to Marques for wanting to get this deal done before free agency started. He’s been a major part of our success and we’re excited that he will continue to be an integral part of our team for years to come."

this is the 3rd topic started on the main page about the Saints signing a WR

why is this news to us?? are we in need of a starting WR??

and do we need to see 3 topics on this??

I said I didn't see all these topics started already! My bad. I guess I got a little too excited. He is a great player for em and they are our biggest competition in the division. What they do matters.

And now it's time to get back to work and win somemore rings! Im loving it....Who Dat!

who? someone lacking in proper english, that's who.

with all distaste for you due to being a Saints fan aside, any new news on Brees?

I heard he claims he did not know about the whole disgraceful bounty thing the team was running.

Being one of the only upstanding players on your team, does that affect him coming back at all?

Get ready to hate because he's in town and working on his deal! Who Dat say we can't ink both? Who Dat

Why arent you on your own team page??

ohh thats right, because free agency is all you have to get excited about, with all the draft picks that are going to get taken away

Get ready to hate because he's in town and working on his deal! Who Dat say we can't ink both? Who Dat

you kiss your mother with a mouth like that?

My parents would be ashamed if I spoke so terribly. Not to mention I couldnt imagine having a successful career.

Goodness, my 6 year old speaks with more proper English.

lol @ saints, you're so excited about re-signing the group of players that couldn't beat the 49ers this past season. You already predict rings? You will be the same exact team as last year if you get Nicks back, except Brees is unhappy and Goodell will smack you back into the paper bag you crawled out of, I would hold back on the SB talk.