Falcons Mentioned As Interested In Nt/dt - Paul Soliai/dolphins

g-dawg

Soliai has suitors, but Peyton chase could be a factor

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT

703918566_VAxSs-M.jpg

Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com raised an interesting point earlier today on Twitter.

When does the Manning backlash begin?

The answer could be “very soon,” when fans and media begin to realize that Peyton’s indecision could keep teams on the sidelines in free agency.

Multiple league sources have pointed out already that some teams will wait to see whether they land Peyton before opening the change purse for other players. One guy caught in that dilemma, we’re told, is Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai.

Soliai played under the franchise tag in 2011, and he’ll hit the market at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday. A league source tells PFT that the Broncos, Dolphins, Chiefs, Colts, 49ers, Patriots, and Falcons are interested.

But three of those teams (Denver, Miami, San Fran) reportedly are (or, at to the Niners, may be) in the Peyton chase. And so, while other teams that aren’t maneuvering for Manning are interested in Soliai, it’s hard to max out the market if half of the interested teams are twiddling their thumbs for Peyton.

The Broncos have the cap space to allow them to start spending while waiting for Peyton. Still, they need to know how to best budget their money, especially if Peyton will be bringing Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday.

Bottom line? While free agency begins in five hours, it may not really get going until Peyton picks a team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to give Soliai huge money but I like what a signing of his might mean - to me what it means is Falcons are really very strongly shifting to the 3-4 defense. Right now the Falcons don't have personnel to run it, but if we get this big honkin' Samoan - then we are almost there.

Guest Gritz

I don't want to give Soliai huge money but I like what a signing of his might mean - to me what it means is Falcons are really very strongly shifting to the 3-4 defense. Right now the Falcons don't have personnel to run it, but if we get this big honkin' Samoan - then we are almost there.

Falcons New 2012 Motto:

"Come Get Samoan."

I'll show myself out. This door? Okay.

You can never have too many Samoans on the lines or long-haired white boys at linebacker.

I endorse this pipe dream.

That's the move we need on defense.

We could start moving back to the 3-4. I do believe we'd have the personnel to run it.

Dude won't be cheap though. Pipe dream.

solai would mean someone is moving at defensive tackle, my guess would be babineaux. corey peters has been as effective the last 3 years as babineaux. eye test, that would also free up enough space to sign him.

Edited by MattRyan2Canton

Guest Gritz

I endorse this pipe dream.

That's the move we need on defense.

We could start moving back to the 3-4. I do believe we'd have the personnel to run it.

Dude won't be cheap though. Pipe dream.

Agreed.

I actually thought that the re-signing of Biermann was a tell that we could be sliding towards more 3-4 looks.