Jason Lacanfora Says Our Cap Number Is...

Stewie

7.0 Million Under.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/salary-cap-numbers-for-all-32-nfl-teams/

This is the number, according to LaCanfora, that we sit at right now. This does not include any cuts or restructures that have or will happen today.

So, without cuts of Ovie, Baker or anyone else, an announcement of Grimes accepting a new, lower deal, or major restructuring of current contracts, we will definitely be out of the race for Williams.

I wouldn't expect anything big at 4:00...

7.0 Million Under.

http://blogs.nfl.com...l-32-nfl-teams/

This is the number, according to LaCanfora, that we sit at right now. This does not include any cuts or restructures that have or will happen today.

So, without cuts of Ovie, Baker or anyone else, an announcement of Grimes accepting a new, lower deal, or major restructuring of current contracts, we will definitely be out of the race for Williams.

I wouldn't expect anything big at 4:00...

I want to know where did $15 million in cap went.

You can sign Mario with 7M in cap room.

I'm sure the 7 million includes Grimes 10 Million dollar tender...lowering that changes the number significantly.

You MIGHT be able to sign him for 7 million, but you wouldn't be able to sign any draft picks or have a center or a backup QB. Your call...

(Assuming the 7 Million number is correct)

I'm sure the 7 million includes Grimes 10 Million dollar tender...lowering that changes the number significantly.

You MIGHT be able to sign him for 7 million, but you wouldn't be able to sign any draft picks or have a center or a backup QB. Your call...

(Assuming the 7 Million number is correct)

That would be assuming we made no cuts which is 100% not going to happen. We will have a few cuts.

this from Pat Yaz/ESPN NFC South Beatwriter when I questioned the cap figure:

No, the $5.7 is about right. What throws it off, beyond the recent signings, is that escalators just kicked in. They weren't showing up before.

I don't know if he is right, but this is what he says... "escalators" - assumes he means performance bonuses for some of the players. Also don't forget about the restricted tenders - guys like Michael Palmer and Antone Smith.

That $31 million figure must never have been real though.....wish we would have let some of these guys test free agency and get a player like Mario first.....

this from Pat Yaz/ESPN NFC South Beatwriter when I questioned the cap figure:

No, the $5.7 is about right. What throws it off, beyond the recent signings, is that escalators just kicked in. They weren't showing up before.

I don't know if he is right, but this is what he says... "escalators" - assumes he means performance bonuses for some of the players. Also don't forget about the restricted tenders - guys like Michael Palmer and Antone Smith.

That $31 million figure must never have been real though.....wish we would have let some of these guys test free agency and get a player like Mario first.....

We should of never wasted money on Palmer and Smith to begin with, wtf was TD thinking?

Yes...BUT...we have put the franchise tag on him, so we will have to pay the 10 million dollars if he doesn't sign a long term deal. The Falcons have to account for that number...

eventually they do.......there are plenty of moves that can be made. Falcons still retain the right to rescind the tag as well.

Mario plus, HD, a back up center, a back up QB and five draft picks? In the voice of the great Steven Tyler, Dream on, dream on, dream on, dream on, dream on, dream Aaahhhyyyiaaaaa!

Well he does end that with "Dream until your dreams come true" lol.

its right if you remeber PY over at espn actually said at one point we did have 30 mil but corrected him self and I think the number ended up being 96 mil and I also believe that th 30 mil number was before TD resigned Tony Gonzalez and thats when they said the number was like 96 mil

96 mil that leaves us 24 mil to play with

10 mil to grimes - tag

9 mil more for Kroy,DeCoud,Snelling,Talupu,Manuwai which isn't bad for 5 players

that left about 5.4 mil throw in the 1.6 and there you go and there you go 7 mil

I think whoever reported 31 million in the first place was just wrong. The Falcons always had 100 million on the books for this year.
Somebody must have slept on the TonyG extension. Not to mention roster bonuses that had to be paid. There may even be dead money from past contracts. Good luck trying to keep up with these cap dollars using the interwebz.