Clayton Still Saying Atlanta And Seattle Look To Make Big Runs At Williams

Guest Gritz

As of 920 Clayton still reporting that Atlanta and Seattle are expected to make big runs at Williams...

Am I missing something or is he? I thought the Falcons only have like 5 million in cap space?

Clayton will end up being Mr. Scoop if the Falcons end up pulling this off......

Every other national NFL writer has pulled off of us.

Go little Bird Man!

Clayton will end up being Mr. Scoop if the Falcons end up pulling this off......

Every other national NFL writer has pulled off of us.

Go little Bird Man!

I dunno Gritz... I respect Clayton, Scheffter and Mort as insiders more than any other "insiders" for the NFL. Scheffter said the Falcons don't have the money and Clayton thinks they are going to make a push for him. I don't know where Mort stands because he's been all over the Manning Saga.

I just don't understand where they stand on the cap... I hear they only have 5 million and then I hear they still have like 20... WTF?

The "cap space issue" assumes Grimes signs his tender right at 4pm. That would bring us down to $5M. But I don't see that happening as Grimes wants a long term contract and said they don't plan on signing it. That means more like $16M.

Seahawks and Falcons make the most sense, as they have all off season to this point. The media all of a sudden added the Jags, Chiefs, and Bears to add suspense because the Williams story was dulling down.

The "cap space issue" assumes Grimes signs his tender right at 4pm. That would bring us down to $5M. But I don't see that happening as Grimes wants a long term contract and said they don't plan on signing it. That means more like $16M.

Seahawks and Falcons make the most sense, as they have all off season to this point. The media all of a sudden added the Jags, Chiefs, and Bears to add suspense because the Williams story was dulling down.

Are you sure about that Vel?

the beauty of Grimes tender, is they could be close to a deal, and just agree not to sign it right away. It buys time to adjust the roster and CAP.

They werent off on money, just on years from what I read (grimes wanted 5, TD wanted 3). That is easier to iron out than money.

Are you sure about that Vel?

Yes. Although Grimes was tagged, his cap hit is only assumed right now, it's not concrete. If he signs it, then it becomes his contract and that's when it becomes an actual cap hit. They can still work out a deal if he signs it but why tie up cap space now when all intentions are to work out a contract? The media is assuming all tagged players will sign the tag which isn't true.