The Nothing But Politics Forum

{Mojo-Risin}

Why do you guys sit around here and keep arguing about the same stuff for YEARS? None of you will ever change your mind about anything and yet you keep repeating the same arguments 24/7. We all know where everyone stands. At this point, you're just trolling each other.

At this point, your arguments just belong in the Anything but Logic forum.

Diesel topic in 3....2....1

Go!

Why do you guys sit around here and keep arguing about the same stuff for YEARS? None of you will ever change your mind about anything and yet you keep repeating the same arguments 24/7. We all know where everyone stands. At this point, you're just trolling each other.

Go!

Its getting so bad he is now trying to make " the libs" hate Bill Maher. no one has toold him 99% of them already do hate Bill Maher.

Somedays I come into the forum and see that 10 of the 15 threads on the front page have been created by this Diesel/Snake character...They are usually always verbatim talking points from whatever Drudge or Limbaugh said the day before.. No creativity or independent thought at all..There are some really smart, open minded and articulate conservatives in this forum.. Unfortunately they don't really post much anymore...I guess they have lives...

Go!

Why does anyone stay around here for years arguing about anything? Because we all enjoy the argument. It does not matter if the topic is politics, which woman is hotter, whether a movie sucks or not, etc. That is precisely what a message board of this type is for. This is why I do not get why people continue to call out those posters like Deisel who continually provide new topics of conversation. Would you rather there be no activity? Because I remember times seeing a dozen users at the bottom and NOTHING going on in the forum. Talk, argue, insult, demean, or compliment.....its all the same to me and I come here because I enjoy all of the above...who gives acrap who starts a thread and with what agenda, everyone can get their point of view across, even if we all already know what those points of view are according to each poster, it is still fun to argue about them.

Somedays I come into the forum and see that 10 of the 15 threads on the front page have been created by this Diesel/Snake character...They are usually always verbatim talking points from whatever Drudge or Limbaugh said the day before.. No creativity or independent thought at all..There are some really smart, open minded and articulate conservatives in this forum.. Unfortunately they don't really post much anymore...I guess they have lives...

That argument could be made for us all, and it may be valid, but as I said I enjoy this forum and like the posters here whether I agree with them ideologically or not. This is why I came back after such a long time away, it is likely (at least to some degree) why most come back day after day, and argue the same crap time after time. It is still enjoyable to do so. Not sure what that says about any of us.

Edited by silentbob1272

That argument could be made for us all, and it may be valid, but as I said I enjoy this forum and like the posters here whether I agree with them ideologically or not. This is why I came back after such a long time away, it is likely (at least to some degree) why most come back day after day, and argue the same crap time after time. It is still enjoyable to do so. Not sure what that says about any of us.

I enjoy a good debate, especially with someone I know has the ability to have their mind changed and to also change my mind..

But you and I know that doesn't happen much as often as it used to around here...The boards are a reflection of the national political discourse I suppose..Futile exercizes lost their appeal to me awhile ago...Especially when you know what side everyone is automatically gonna come down on as soon as you here the issue...

Atleast when you argue "who's the best point guard?" "who's the hottest female over 40?" or "whats the best 10 Beatles songs?" you know that your are going to get unpredictable and original answers...I'll take that over the political "banter" any day on this board..

Why does anyone stay around here for years arguing about anything? Because we all enjoy the argument. It does not matter if the topic is politics, which woman is hotter, whether a movie sucks or not, etc. That is precisely what a message board of this type is for. This is why I do not get why people continue to call out those posters like Deisel who continually provide new topics of conversation. Would you rather there be no activity? Because I remember times seeing a dozen users at the bottom and NOTHING going on in the forum. Talk, argue, insult, demean, or compliment.....its all the same to me and I come here because I enjoy all of the above...who gives acrap who starts a thread and with what agenda, everyone can get their point of view across, even if we all already know what those points of view are according to each poster, it is still fun to argue about them.

Some dogs like chasing their tail, I guess.

Go!

I've only been here a year or so and I've made your same plea, pretty much verbatim.

Why does anyone stay around here for years arguing about anything? Because we all enjoy the argument. It does not matter if the topic is politics, which woman is hotter, whether a movie sucks or not, etc.

Compare the # of threads/posts made about politics to the # made about arts & entertainment, women, basketball, etc.

I've seen people in other AFMB forums say they don't come to ABF because of all the political stuff, and they were saying this before YKW got cranked back up around here.

Pretty much everybody who has been here a long time says that ABF used to me much better. I've seen a number of folks stop posting here just in the relatively brief time I've been around.

But I don't come here to debate or argue. I come here to be amused. Is there really a bigger waste of time on earth than arguing on the Internet?

If all the political talk were taken somewhere like Anything But Logic, I guarantee you ABF would be an active, vibrant forum.

Guest Deisel

I had thought thats what this board was about. And sourdiesel, you may see a number of my threads still on the 1st page, never has there been 10, but its because people are still talking about the subject matter. I throw out ideas, topics, for discussion and thats what happens. I also put my opinion across on almost All of the topics. Sometimes I post a thought and before adding, wait to see what the board says. As I know well, what ever I say gets chopped, blocked and poluted by the resident far leftists Every time.

I've only been here a year or so and I've made your same plea, pretty much verbatim.

Compare the # of threads/posts made about politics to the # made about arts & entertainment, women, basketball, etc.

I've seen people in other AFMB forums say they don't come to ABF because of all the political stuff, and they were saying this before YKW got cranked back up around here.

Pretty much everybody who has been here a long time says that ABF used to me much better. I've seen a number of folks stop posting here just in the relatively brief time I've been around.

But I don't come here to debate or argue. I come here to be amused. Is there really a bigger waste of time on earth than arguing on the Internet?

If all the political talk were taken somewhere like Anything But Logic, I guarantee you ABF would be an active, vibrant forum.

That has nothing to do with topics, it has more to do with some great posters, like Boy Falcon, getting banned when all those Mini mods were on a power trip. and they let their RL pals like Iowa Horse post whatever he wanted. which was mostly drunken woe is me and name calling.

Politics have always been predominate here. Shoulda been here when Gazoo posted his garbage.That dude made more idiotic repetitive political posts than Snake and Steve combined.

That has nothing to do with topics, it has more to do with some great posters, like Boy Falcon, getting banned when all those Mini mods were on a power trip. and they let their RL pals like Iowa Horse post whatever he wanted. which was mostly drunken woe is me and name calling.

Politics have always been predominate here. Shoulda been here when Gazoo posted his garbage.That dude made more idiotic repetitive political posts than Snake and Steve combined.

Oh... well I will respect seniority and take your word for how things used to be.

The ironic part is that one of my degrees is in political science. So it's not like the subject of politics is something I can't or won't discuss. However, I don't go anywhere on the Internet with the explicit goal of discussing politics. That being said, I have a hard time believing that I could find a worse venue to do so than here.

I just think that if more of ABF's focus was on less weighty matters, this place would be a lot cooler.

In the case of ABF, politics falls under the "nice things" category.

THIS-IS-WHY-WE-CAN-T-HAVE-NICE-THINGS.jpg

Guest Deisel

1: Lay out the foundation of the argument with concrete LIES.

2: Post how you agree with those lies.

3: Refuse to acknowledge the lies and cover your ears.

4: Act like the poor victim when people are sick of you.

There are the 4 steps to trolling ABF.

You pretty much sumed yourself up. Nice synopsis.