If Not Mario

Wimbley would be cool, but he's not close to Mario or Abraham. The sad fact is, short of Dwight Freeney, there aren't any DEs potentially available that can replace Abe. Yeah, he's an inch shorter and 10 lbs lighter than Abe. He's a tweener. He could be effective, but I have to say, I'm a little worried about the lack of difference makers on this Defense. Losing Abe is going to hurt, and I just don't see a Wimbley, Mincey, or a Jason Jones type at DE picking up what we lose in Abe.

If there was a way we could get him and Solai, I'd feel better. We have to get a real NT if we go with an undersized DE. Our DL is too undersized as it is.

I don't want any part of Abraham or Freeney - while you might can milk out one more good year out of these guys - fact is - Falcons are not likely going to SuperBowl in 2012 - what is the point of re-signing Abe or - even worse - trading for an aging Freeney.

I don't want to spend the money to bring in any AGING star who is not going to be around for more than a year or two.

Wimbley would be cool, but he's not close to Mario or Abraham. The sad fact is, short of Dwight Freeney, there aren't any DEs potentially available that can replace Abe. Yeah, he's an inch shorter and 10 lbs lighter than Abe. He's a tweener. He could be effective, but I have to say, I'm a little worried about the lack of difference makers on this Defense. Losing Abe is going to hurt, and I just don't see a Wimbley, Mincey, or a Jason Jones type at DE picking up what we lose in Abe.

If there was a way we could get him and Solai, I'd feel better. We have to get a real NT if we go with an undersized DE. Our DL is too undersized as it is.

I understand what you mean bro and if we were about to run a straight 4-3 I would not post this, but its a hybrid defense and a guy like this works well.

Cam Wake put his hands in the dirt when the hybrid went 4-3 and stood up when the hybrid we 3-4. Wake is 6'3" 250lbs. Very similar to Wimbley. This is how the hybrid functions. You move from 4-3 to 3-4 and back while on the field to confuse the offense. A tweener is great for this. Williams is better because he has played both DE and OLB quite well and could make that transition very easily.

Guest Negatorris

Nice find KOG. I think Nolan can get the best out of an underrated guy like Kamerion. This is if we can't get Mario, which I think we will..

I understand what you mean bro and if we were about to run a straight 4-3 I would not post this, but its a hybrid defense and a guy like this works well.

Cam Wake put his hands in the dirt when the hybrid went 4-3 and stood up when the hybrid we 3-4. Wake is 6'3" 250lbs. Very similar to Wimbley. This is how the hybrid functions. You move from 4-3 to 3-4 and back while on the field to confuse the offense. A tweener is great for this. Williams is better because he has played both DE and OLB quite well and could make that transition very easily.

If we can get Wimbley and a big fatty NT, I will definitely be happy with that. I'm starting to wonder if Mario re-signs with the Texans, since it appears they are clearing cap space.

Like I said, I worry that this Defense's only playmaker, and face is Spoon, who is still growing and young. We need a dominant player, and I don't see Wimbley or really anyone else taking that role.

If we can get Wimbley and a big fatty NT, I will definitely be happy with that. I'm starting to wonder if Mario re-signs with the Texans, since it appears they are clearing cap space.

Like I said, I worry that this Defense's only playmaker, and face is Spoon, who is still growing and young. We need a dominant player, and I don't see Wimbley or really anyone else taking that role.

Well, you know for a fact that no one has honked the horn about a REAL defensive tackle more than I have. I don't believe in playing two DE's inside and calling them DT's. I think we need it, so I hope we get it. There is only one I have seen in the draft so far though and that would be Poe. Anyone who understands the functions of the hybrid would know the value of a three down fatty.

If we don't land Mario witch to me its looking less and less likely...then I hope he stays in houston...