Okay, Lets Say We Pay Him A Lot Of Money And Land Mario...then What?

I'm actually in favor of us getting him, but is he a fix all too all of our problem? Does this automatically make us SB contenders to compete with the likes of GB, NE, NO, and NYG? Is he the missing puzzle piece...that would imply we have no other holes to fill. Is MW really that much better than JA#55? Just wondering.

No, everyone does the Giants comparison but they have 3-4 good to great pass rushers... MW will be doubled everyplay and unless some of our other guys step up and win some one on ones... we will get only marginally more pressure.

Also our D wasn't that bad in the Playoffs it was our O that let us down... MM was scared (and rightfully so) to do anything that would mean our Oline would have to block for more than 3 seconds... we need to fix the Oline or else we will do nothing....

If we improve the Oline and not get Mario I think we are a better team than if we get Mario and keep the same Oline.

No, everyone does the Giants comparison but they have 3-4 good to great pass rushers... MW will be doubled everyplay and unless some of our other guys step up and win some one on ones... we will get only marginally more pressure.

Also our D wasn't that bad in the Playoffs it was our O that let us down... MM was scared (and rightfully so) to do anything that would mean our Oline would have to block for more than 3 seconds... we need to fix the Oline or else we will do nothing....

If we improve the Oline and not get Mario I think we are a better team than if we get Mario and keep the same Oline.

my exact thoughts, it's always painful to watch matt ryan panicking in the pocket..

To be fair, I'm sure Nolan will find ways to get a lot more pressure with the same guys than BVG ever did. If what Nolan says is true, then the opposing team won't know who to double team cuz the blitz can come from anywhere.

And as much as I'd like to get MW, I'm more in favor of use fixing the Oline, IF we can get the right players for a fair price. I don't want us to overpay Nicks either---that's a worse scenario in my opinion.

Guest Negatorris

I may be called a conspiracist, but I think MM didn't even give two f*cks about his gameplan. He wanted his new money and HC job.

Honestly... I don't care if we get Mario anymore. We need more playmakers period on defense period.

The O-Line just needs better coaching and we can always get depth in the draft. Our technique seems to be the problem.

its more to it then that... Certain line coaches like certain players... Pat hill very well could want more beef along the line, as u can see with the signing of manuawi... So that means baker is gone if this is true...

I think Williams could be A PART of the puzzle... He's not the missing piece. He'll be an upgrade at a position that the Falcons have struggled at for years. Just look at what a pass rush did for the Giants this year. I'm not saying that Williams and Edwards can equal the Giants pass rush, but it will get the Falcons a lot closer to it than it currently is.