Falcons Expected To Make A Push For Mario Williams

According to Len Pasquarelli of the Sports Xchange, the Atlanta Falcons may heavily pursue defensive end Mario Williams.

Owner Arthur Blank certainly has a history of making free agent splashes, the team plays Williams' preferred front, a 4-3, and Atlanta might be emboldened some by the current problems confronting arch rival New Orleans, and try to steal the NFC West.

New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan could use Williams in a variety of ways in an attempt to create pressure on the pocket.

Williams is going to command a ton of money, but Blank, obsessed with winning a Super Bowl, has never been shy about pursuing high profile veteran players.

Said one team official whose team is also expected to pursue Williams: "(Blank) is a **** of a closer. And he isn't afraid to spend.

NFC West? How can people still make that mistake? 2012 is the 11th year of the NFC South division.

well, it tells you that the guy has been around (it was a freakin' typo mistake - get over it!!!!!).......not a rookie reporter - a rookie reporter probably thinks the Houston Texans have been around for 40 years and has no idea who Steve Bartkowski is.

I can only hope that some where they will come to senses. We have to many over all needs to spend Mario kind of money on one player. hoping it's an attempt to get other teams to spend.

It will be a loooooot. Hopefully TD would be able to structure something that doesnt kill us outright, like a backend loaded contract that we could get out of if he under-performs.

Yeah, Grimes gets 10 mil and now he's downing every other player. If we suck on defense this year, I am not letting up on that Grimes deal. Wasn't worth anywhere near.

kidding only not

Let it go my friend.........

two things:

1) we either re-sign Grimes to a better number $8million or less on a 4-5 year deal

OR

2) Grimes plays under the franchise tag with only a 1 year committment and he will be forced to play at high level or lose millions in free agency in 2013 as he would re-enter free agency as a 30 year old corner

Either way, I think the Falcons win. :D

I'm gonna make my own blog and pretend to be a writer. Then I'm going to start making up only positive things about the falcons even if it isn't in the realm of possibility. Soon after, I'll instantly become a credited and praised writer amongst the falcon crowd.

Oh and I can't wait for g dawg to start sucking his thumb and crying, then pretending it's no big deal to him because there's other free agents that might be better and cheaper in the long run because Mario had an injury.

Edited by MattRyansArm

Let it go my friend.........

two things:

1) we either re-sign Grimes to a better number $8million or less on a 4-5 year deal

OR

2) Grimes plays under the franchise tag with only a 1 year committment and he will be forced to play at high level or lose millions in free agency in 2013 as he would re-enter free agency as a 30 year old corner

Either way, I think the Falcons win. biggrin.png

If we get Williams we win.

Yeah, Grimes gets 10 mil and now he's downing every other player. If we suck on defense this year, I am not letting up on that Grimes deal. Wasn't worth anywhere near.

kidding only not

I've got news for you. I have no influence at Flowery Branch. I know this comes as a huge shock, but it's true lol.

Also, I'm not downing anybody. I haven't said anything about Mario being overrated and injury proned in at least two days.

Oops.

According to Len Pasquarelli of the Sports Xchange, the Atlanta Falcons may heavily pursue defensive end Mario Williams.

Owner Arthur Blank certainly has a history of making free agent splashes, the team plays Williams' preferred front, a 4-3, and Atlanta might be emboldened some by the current problems confronting arch rival New Orleans, and try to steal the NFC West.

New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan could use Williams in a variety of ways in an attempt to create pressure on the pocket.

Williams is going to command a ton of money, but Blank, obsessed with winning a Super Bowl, has never been shy about pursuing high profile veteran players.

Said one team official whose team is also expected to pursue Williams: "(Blank) is a **** of a closer. And he isn't afraid to spend.

how many times is this story going to be posted? It's the same story, posted by numerous sites, posted here over and over.