790 The Zone Fa Talk

atljbo

The saints was flying Lofa Tatupu out the New Orleans straight after his visit here... Most likely to sign a contract since they will most likely cut Vilma (The worked Tatupu out earlier)

Dave Archer thinks we are setting ourselves up to go after a big name guy (Mario Williams) ... He said the cap space may not look great right now but with the TV money coming in next year (bring the cap up 15-25 mil) ... His cap hit just needs to be reasonable this year.

710 ESPN Seattle@710ESPNSeattle

RT @BradyHenderson: John @ClaytonESPN tells "Brock and Salk" that he thinks it will come down to #Seahawks and #Falcons for Mario Williams.

So we will see

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

I trust John Clayton more than D Led, Jeff Schultz or John Kincaide.

Doesn't mean we're getting Mario, I just believe Clayton is more "in the know" then those other 3 combined.

Nah man, Jeff Schultz and D Led. said that it can't happen so Clayton and La Canfora must be mistaken. rolleyes.gif

I trust John Clayton more than D Led, Jeff Schultz or John Kincaide.

Doesn't mean we're getting Mario, I just believe Clayton is more "in the know" then those other 3 combined.

This. Beat me to it.

Another little nugget from the show... they said that Tatupu's workout "blew them away"... The knee procedures were merely clean outs which many guys have done. Obviously the fact that he was unable to play last year is a concern, but it sounds like he's healthy enough to contribute.

OMG, maybe someone in charge does know what they're doing... who'da thunk it :)

Another little nugget from the show... they said that Tatupu's workout "blew them away"... The knee procedures were merely clean outs which many guys have done. Obviously the fact that he was unable to play last year is a concern, but it sounds like he's healthy enough to contribute.

OMG, maybe someone in charge does know what they're doing... who'da thunk it smile.png

Yup... I heard that about Tatupu also (not on the show) ... His workout looked great.... I think the year off got the guy healthy.... I'm glad we got him before the Saints did also.

We will see what happens with Mario Williams...

I wouldn't put any stock into anything that comes out of Kincades pie hole. With him the skies always falling concerning Atlanta sports teams. Now, if Andy Reid or one of his Philly teams are up to something he's off to the bushes for a good hand shandy.

The saints was flying Lofa Tatupu out the New Orleans straight after his visit here... Most likely to sign a contract since they will most likely cut Vilma (The worked Tatupu out earlier)

Dave Archer thinks we are setting ourselves up to go after a big name guy (Mario Williams) ... He said the cap space may not look great right now but with the TV money coming in next year (bring the cap up 15-25 mil) ... His cap hit just needs to be reasonable this year.

So we will see

John Clayton and Jason LaCanfora are the most credible sources with regards to whose going where its good to see we are still in the mix with regards to a MW landing spot.

Also interesting cap news a 15-25 mill increase would be huge going foward.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Yup... I heard that about Tatupu also (not on the show) ... His workout looked great.... I think the year off got the guy healthy.... I'm glad we got him before the Saints did also.

We will see what happens with Mario Williams...

the guys on the Saintsreport were talking like the Saints had already worked out Tatupu - are you saying they had not worked him out yet?

the guys on the Saintsreport were talking like the Saints had already worked out Tatupu - are you saying they had not worked him out yet?

They worked him out once, and they were getting ready to bring him for a second workout and potential contract signing. Obviously he didn't make it back down there... shucks! smile.png

Edited by SwampyMux12

La Canfora gets the jump on transactions because he works for the NFL, but as far as knowing what will happen, he is just wild azz guessing just like us:

http://nbcsports.msn...ts-player_news/

Well last week, LaConfora said "Atlanta or Seattle" when mentioning the most likely place for Mario. Over the weekend when being asked by the NFL girl he just mentioned "Atlanta" as where he thought Mario would go.

I dunno but there is a lot of conventional wisdom out there from talking head that Atlanta is in this thing for Mario - all the circumstantial evidence and signings and lack of signings(Lofton/Abe) - to me all of these point to going hard after Mario.

No.. They worked him out... They wanted to bring him back for most likely a contract signing...

I cant see another reason why they would want him to come back

They worked him out once, and they were getting ready to bring him for a second workout and potential contract signing. Obviously he didn't make it back down there... shucks! smile.png

well if saints liked the first workout, they were dumb to let him get out of the building....

OMG, maybe someone in charge does know what they're doing... who'da thunk it smile.png

He wasn't 'unable' to play last year. He sat out because of a contract dispute if I heard correctly.

No.. They worked him out... They wanted to bring him back for most likely a contract signing...

I cant see another reason why they would want him to come back

where was it reported that he was supposed to go back to Saints for another workout? I know you don't make stuff up so I'm not challenging you, jbo......just curious

They had worked him out, but they were going to fly him back for some reason to talk or sign him I am not sure, and they did not say for sure

La Canfora gets the jump on transactions because he works for the NFL, but as far as knowing what will happen, he is just wild azz guessing just like us:

http://nbcsports.msn...ts-player_news/

2 days later he said

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Falcons are interested in free agent DE Ray Edwards, but only "at the right price."

So he basically wasnt off peyton..lol... A dolphins reporter said the Dolphins offer Edwards BIG money...

where was it reported that he was supposed to go back to Saints for another workout? I know you don't make stuff up so I'm not challenging you, jbo......just curious

Dave said it on 790 the zone that after our workout Lofa was flying out to New Orleans to meet the saints for most likely a contract signing as Vilma possible replacement... It looks like they are going to release Vilma

Im not hearing there whole convo (at work) .. But i heard the first 10 mins of the show... Now im listening on and off when i can

Dave said it on 790 the zone that after our workout Lofa was flying out to New Orleans to meet the saints for most likely a contract signing as Vilma possible replacement... It looks like they are going to release Vilma

Im not hearing there whole convo (at work) .. But i heard the first 10 mins of the show... Now im listening on and off when i can

cool, thanks jbo.....

Peyton is worried that if we get Williams we won't be able to overspend on Grimes next year.

I'm not opposed to the Falcons getting Mario Williams, I just think there is zero chance of it happening. If the Falcons had let Grimes go into FA, then there would be money there for it, but as it is, there simply isn't.