Since We Will Not Get Mario...

RHEC

I'd like to wait till he is actually signed by someone besides us before we have decided that we aren't getting MW. If the Redskins can sign ever major FA for several years running anf figure out a way to make the cap work we surely can splurge a little and get MW.

I'd like to wait till he is actually signed by someone besides us before we have decided that we aren't getting MW. If the Redskins can sign ever major FA for several years running anf figure out a way to make the cap work we surely can splurge a little and get MW.

Well I'm losing hope of signing him by the hour. With the rumor of us having only $5million in cap.. I don't see how TD can pull it off.

If the Eagles can sign Vick to $100 million contract, pick up Jason Babin, Steve Smith, Nmandi Asomugha, Ronnie Brown with not a whole lot of cap room, we can get Mario Williams and find a couple OLinemen.

Guys, the cap isn't some ironclad line. There are many ways to make room, and we haven't cut anyone yet. Chill.

Freeney is gonna get cut, Abe is still out there.

Mark Anderson is another good one. And I am sure we will se more cuts.

It isnt the end of the world if Mario doesnt end up in ATL.

Freeney is going to be way out of our price range too. Mark Anderson is no Mario Williams and I doubt teams will fear him either. With our divisition, we need a DE that teams fear. Plain and simple.

If the Eagles can sign Vick to $100 million contract, pick up Jason Babin, Steve Smith, Nmandi Asomugha, Ronnie Brown with not a whole lot of cap room, we can get Mario Williams and find a couple OLinemen.

Guys, the cap isn't some ironclad line. There are many ways to make room, and we haven't cut anyone yet. Chill.

As I stated, I hope I'm wrong but by the hour, I'm losing faith of signing him.

Edited by Skar

Freeney is going to be way out of our price range too. Mark Anderson is no Mario Williams and I doubt teams will fear him either. With our divisition, we need a DE that teams fear. Plain and simple.

As I stated, I hope I'm wrong but by the hour, I'm losing faith of signing him.

if teams dont fear him that is fine with me, as long as he gets sacks.

He had more than Mario and more than Abe last season, in a rotational role.

if teams dont fear him that is fine with me, as long as he gets sacks.

He had more than Mario and more than Abe last season, in a rotational role.

Meh.. doesn't mean he will come here and be dominate.. remember we thought the same thing with Ray. Unless your talking about Freeney

Edited by Skar

And how did that work out for them?

And how did that work out for them?

Obviously not well, but that's your lot in life when you pay Michael Vick. I'm just saying, if Blank and TD want someone, they'll make it happen. The cap will be significantly higher next year, and you can spread out signing bonuses. We can get who we want and put the brunt of the cost off onto the next 2 years. Add the fact that Matt will be getting his extension soon, there are lots of ways to make room for a couple impact free agents, and still have room to sign draftees.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Follow

NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.