I Don't Understand Where This $5.7M Cap Remaining Came From.

Creative

Did we not have 20m+ yesterday? We're going after Mario, Nicks, etc. We're excited! and.. now we only have $5.7 to spend? I am completely confused.

We were 31m under heading into FA. Grimes -10 (for now), Dunta +2, every other deal was minimal and probably amounts to around 6m. That should lead us around 17m? I don't get 5.7.

Edited by Creative

The Atlanta Falcons are at $100.4 million. They have a few free agents they want to keep, starting with linebacker Curtis Lofton and cornerback Brent Grimes. But the Falcons have enough room that they should be able to make some moves in free agency.

That was per Yasinskas on February 13th before any restructures or re-signings.

We were at 100.4 million and the cap is 120.6 mil, leaving us 20.2 to work with and they were counting the Grimes tender.

So 20.2- Biermann (2.13) - Snelling (1.06)- Decoud (2) + Dunta (1.7) - Grimes (10.6) = 5.48 and that's not including Tatupu or Manuwai. Seems right to me....

But as was said, cut Ovie (3) and Baker (2) and extend Matt Ryan (5) and we are back up to 15.7 million in space to work with including if Grimes only takes his tender and doesn't sign a contract that will lower the 10.6 cap figure. And we have 50 people signed to the roster, not including draft picks and and the couple of moves we want to make. There aren't that many left. Plus we have 1.5 mil in exceptions we can use.

So I'll spell it out with what we need:

Assuming we make the cuts and extensions: 15.7 + 1.5 - draft picks (3.3) - Mario Williams (7) - McNeill - (4) - McClure (1) - HD (2). The cap hits can be low enough for us to still get the guys we need. People should stop worrying.

really another thread about this? why not post in that thread?

Yes really.

The Atlanta Falcons are at $100.4 million. They have a few free agents they want to keep, starting with linebacker Curtis Lofton and cornerback Brent Grimes. But the Falcons have enough room that they should be able to make some moves in free agency.

That was per Yasinskas on February 13th before any restructures or re-signings.

We were at 100.4 million and the cap is 120.6 mil, leaving us 20.2 to work with and they were counting the Grimes tender.

So 20.2- Biermann (2.13) - Snelling (1.06)- Decoud (2) + Dunta (1.7) - Grimes (10.6) = 5.48 and that's not including Tatupu or Manuwai. Seems right to me....

But as was said, cut Ovie (3) and Baker (2) and extend Matt Ryan (5) and we are back up to 15.7 million in space to work with including if Grimes only takes his tender and doesn't sign a contract that will lower the 10.6 cap figure. And we have 50 people signed to the roster, not including draft picks and and the couple of moves we want to make. There aren't that many left. Plus we have 1.5 mil in exceptions we can use.

So I'll spell it out with what we need:

Assuming we make the cuts and extensions: 15.7 + 1.5 - draft picks (3.3) - Mario Williams (7) - McNeill - (4) - McClure (1) - HD (2). The cap hits can be low enough for us to still get the guys we need. People should stop worrying.

I could have sworn we were 31m under.

Did we not have 20m+ yesterday? We're going after Mario, Nicks, etc. We're excited! and.. now we only have $5.7 to spend? I am completely confused.

We were 31m under heading into FA. Grimes -10 (for now), Dunta +2, every other deal was minimal and probably amounts to around 6m. That should lead us around 17m? I don't get 5.7.

I know where the 5.7 million came from. It came from the NFL. I don't know where all those other numbers that were previously reported came from though.

The 30.6 mil number came from Clayton around that time, not sure which is accurate. If that were the case though we'd be looking at around 15.7 mil left over and not 5.7.

Updating cap numbers

February, 13, 2012

Feb 13

2:55

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas

We’ve got a little update to our earlier item on salary-cap figures for 2012. ESPN’s John Clayton has a very interesting note about how part of the NFL’s new collective bargaining agreement allows teams to carry over unused salary-cap room from 2011.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have $60.5 million, which ranks second only to Kansas City ($62.9 million). The Bucs benefit from $23.5 million in carryover money. The Falcons will have $30.6 million in cap space.

But the Panthers remain $9.6 million over the estimated cap ($120 million) and will have to release some players or restructure contracts before the start of the league year in March.

D-Led said 30.6 about a month or so ago also.

Im confused... Im waiting to see what ESPN says

Apparently, trying to figure out the Falcons salary cap number is akin to cracking Germany's WWII enigma codes. Very confounding. You would think its simple math, but apparently it's far more complex. I just don't know how so many different sites are all coming up with different numbers.

Oh well... At least we don't have to wait long to find out the truth.

Blank should offer Mario some Home Depot common stock in lieu of a massive salary which could be a CAP

(In the slowest, dumbest voice possible) Which way did he go? Which way did he go?