Am I The Only One?

Warningx13

Am I the only one who thinks that Orson Charles is the next big time TE to come out of college? I'm not a Georgia fan and I love this guy. Nothing would make me happier then to see him in a Falcons uniform. As a matter of fact he is the one guy I would take if no one else in this years draft. Tony G is on his way out the door and the TE position is becoming more and more important in the NFL. He has all the physical tools of the new age tight ends we are seeing pop up everywhere and I think he will probably be the best in the NFL in a couple of years. Put him together with Julio and White and all of a sudden matching up is a huge problem. Charles will provide a match up problem that Tony G doesn't and with Optimus Prime out there doing what he does and becoming one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL in the next couple of years (I believe very strongly he will be every bit as good as Fitzgerald and Megatron) I see our offense being the best in the NFL provided we get a new "slot machine" and can either get Turner back on track or replace him with a new RB.

Speaking of running back whats the verdict on LaMichael James at this point? I fell in love with DeMarco Murray last off season and look where he ended up. I feel the same way if not more impressed with James. I would much rather see us go to a back with some home run potential because I'm not sure if you noticed but Turner has undeniably lost a step since the 08' season. At that time he was running away from people for long scoring runs but these last few years it seems like he almost always gets ran down. Which would not be such a big deal if he was consistent with his running game. You can blame as much on the offensive line as you want and I won't argue with you but what I have seen from him the last couple of seasons is that he has no ability to cut back what so ever and in most cases he just storms into the hole the play was designed for regardless of if there is any space. He also has very little ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I think James is the rich man's Jerious Norwood because all he needs is an inch.

Then I really like Joe Adams as well. I think adding him in the slot will add even more explosiveness to our offense and sticking him back to return kicks would be awesome. I think Weems is more the less a product of great all around special teams play and you can stick someone like Adams back there and see much improved results. That is just my two cents anyway. I think it wouldn't be such an awful idea to sink more time and money into our offense because at the end of the day we are closer to being the Pats or Pack then the Steelers or Ravens so we might as well capitalize on this chance because I don't see three players of this quality at those positions at the draft position they are in coming around for a long long time. I think they are all stars. I may be an arm chair GM like the rest of you but I have a pretty good record for picking talent. AP, MJD, Hester, Aaron Hernandez, Julio Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Eric Berry, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo, William Moore, and Demarco Murray just to name a few off the top of my head. That's far from all of them but I have a pretty good track record. My hits greatly out number my misses and I feel strongly about those three guys and what they will do for our offense.

I think right now Charles would be the best TE as far as having an impact as receving and blocking and Geogia moved him all over the place and far as playing the slot,with his hand in the dirt, coming out of the back field

But Coby Fleener has more upside he's bigger and faster than charles and has better hands I'd still take Fleener over charles but if we get either one I'll be happy hopefully we get Bruce Irvin in the 2nd and Charles or Fleener falls to us in the 3rd.

I am high on Fleener as well. As a matter of fact I had him over Charles late in the season it was only in the off season that I made the switch. I just have a feeling about Charles that Fleener doesn't give me exactly. Maybe we should just draft both. Worked out pretty well for the Pats if I may say so myself. Just think of the issues we could dish out in the three TE set with them and Gonzo next season. Not to mention they would have a season to be mentored by the best TE of all time. If they turned out to be as good as the Pats duo and we have Julio and White. Science H. Logic.

i'm pretty sure he was already hurt which is why he didn't run at the combine...but whatever

He wasn't injured, he just opted not to run at the combine, which didn't help his stock. It's been a pretty bad few weeks for Charles and it's probably cost him some money.

Am I the only one who thinks that Orson Charles is the next big time TE to come out of college? I'm not a Georgia fan and I love this guy. Nothing would make me happier then to see him in a Falcons uniform. As a matter of fact he is the one guy I would take if no one else in this years draft. Tony G is on his way out the door and the TE position is becoming more and more important in the NFL. He has all the physical tools of the new age tight ends we are seeing pop up everywhere and I think he will probably be the best in the NFL in a couple of years. Put him together with Julio and White and all of a sudden matching up is a huge problem. Charles will provide a match up problem that Tony G doesn't and with Optimus Prime out there doing what he does and becoming one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL in the next couple of years (I believe very strongly he will be every bit as good as Fitzgerald and Megatron) I see our offense being the best in the NFL provided we get a new "slot machine" and can either get Turner back on track or replace him with a new RB.

Speaking of running back whats the verdict on LaMichael James at this point? I fell in love with DeMarco Murray last off season and look where he ended up. I feel the same way if not more impressed with James. I would much rather see us go to a back with some home run potential because I'm not sure if you noticed but Turner has undeniably lost a step since the 08' season. At that time he was running away from people for long scoring runs but these last few years it seems like he almost always gets ran down. Which would not be such a big deal if he was consistent with his running game. You can blame as much on the offensive line as you want and I won't argue with you but what I have seen from him the last couple of seasons is that he has no ability to cut back what so ever and in most cases he just storms into the hole the play was designed for regardless of if there is any space. He also has very little ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I think James is the rich man's Jerious Norwood because all he needs is an inch.

Then I really like Joe Adams as well. I think adding him in the slot will add even more explosiveness to our offense and sticking him back to return kicks would be awesome. I think Weems is more the less a product of great all around special teams play and you can stick someone like Adams back there and see much improved results. That is just my two cents anyway. I think it wouldn't be such an awful idea to sink more time and money into our offense because at the end of the day we are closer to being the Pats or Pack then the Steelers or Ravens so we might as well capitalize on this chance because I don't see three players of this quality at those positions at the draft position they are in coming around for a long long time. I think they are all stars. I may be an arm chair GM like the rest of you but I have a pretty good record for picking talent. AP, MJD, Hester, Aaron Hernandez, Julio Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Eric Berry, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo, William Moore, and Demarco Murray just to name a few off the top of my head. That's far from all of them but I have a pretty good track record. My hits greatly out number my misses and I feel strongly about those three guys and what they will do for our offense.

HAHA - I didn't even have to read past the first sentence to give you your answer.

YEP - You're the only one. ;p

He also just got arrested for a DUI. He was sitting in the middle of the road and cop pulled behind him and he tried to drive off.

AKA - He's a freaking MORON.

And that was two days ago at least. Combine Atlanta roads and highways with young guy driving new fast cars and add drinking to the mix. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

At least the Falcons do not need a starting TE this year. I am sure some other team will take a chance on Charles, maybe in the fourth or fifth round.