Not Enough Pub Around Here For Signing An All Pro And Multiple Pro Bowler Mlb Which We Have Never Had.

J-Wall

I am pretty sure both Tuggle and Brooking made a whole bunch of Pro Bowls at MLB.

Brooking was a WLB, I believe the only year he played MLB was 2007 pretty sure he did not make the pro bowl or all pro that year.

ADDED I do not remember who subbed at MLB for Hurtwell in 06 could have been Brooking

Edited by delaigle

Brooking was a WLB, I believe the only year he played MLB was 2007 pretty sure he did not make the pro bowl or all pro that year.

ADDED I do not remember who subbed at MLB for Hurtwell in 06 could have been Brooking

It was, but Brooking made the Pro Bowl as MLB in 2001 and in 2005, and as an ILB in the 3-4 in 2002 and 2003.

Some maybe too young to know, but Nobis was pretty decent MLB. Went to 5 Pro Bowls back in the day. Amassed 294 combined tackles in his rookie year(1966), whis is still a team record and is, I believe, a record for the most combined tackles for any NFL player, ever!

Edited by vabchbirdlover

After Tuggle,

Brookiings had to fill in,

but our run D suxed!

TD fixed the Run D without adding a Big DT when he drafted 50.

Lofton will rock next year,

I Prefer here,

but some where else,

with a big DT, like Grady

We are pinning a lot on this Smaller/Slower/INJ/Out Of Football Brookings guy,

even though he is Samoan,

He will be without a Big DT for the first time.

We do still have the GA boy/or Pete to fall back on.

Will not need them I don't think. Lofa, as long as healthy, will be the MLB. With all the physicals and xrays, and all, he should be good. the only drawback is he missed some good time, so hit may take him a bit to get his body and mind reacclamated.

I'm not talking about the old timers more of now. Lofton will not be missed trust me. Lofa is far and away better. I still think we need another backer and Mario maybe that. We do need a fatty in the middle for 1st and 2nd downs. Babs has regressed just like Rod Coleman did. Had outstanding yyears but is more of a rotational player now guys.

you guys are giving Lofa too much credit too fast.

He was out all 2011, and i think I read he ranked pretty poorly in 2010.

I hope he gets back to pro bowl form, but I wouldnt be crazy enough to bank on it.

Exactly, everyone see a new FA and automatically think he's all-pro...If he doesn't pan out, everyone that saying he a steal will be calling for TD's head....

I'm not talking about the old timers more of now. Lofton will not be missed trust me. Lofa is far and away better. I still think we need another backer and Mario maybe that. We do need a fatty in the middle for 1st and 2nd downs. Babs has regressed just like Rod Coleman did. Had outstanding yyears but is more of a rotational player now guys.

Be more specicific in your thread title then. When you say "multiple Pro Bowler MLB, which we have never had", you slight two great ones, Nobis/Tuggle. Just sayin

Edited by vabchbirdlover

I feel like he was brought in to replace Peterson, not Curtis.

I think you will see a mix of Dent/Lofa unless Lofa looks AWESOME in camp. Which is a possibility.

I have to say that Mike Smith is one of the better coaches I know of getting the most out of his older players. See Tony, Abe, Peterson, McClure, etc.