The Salary Cap Is Finally Set!

$18.5m I think. The last number I saw was $106m. We were $600k below last season's cap, which we can use this season. There's also a $3.3m cap credit all teams can use for veteran players either this year or next. Not as good as we would have hoped but still a lot better than most other teams.

$18.5m I think. The last number I saw was $106m. We were $600k below last season's cap, which we can use this season. There's also a $3.3m cap credit all teams can use for veteran players either this year or next. Not as good as we would have hoped but still a lot better than most other teams.

So around 21 mil to spend thats a lot of cheader if that number is true we could really make Nicks and Williams happen for some were around 15-18 maybe even less depending on how they would structor the contracts.

Well the FO said there would be some big changes I guess we'll find out tuesday around 4pm

I'm hoping news of an extension for Ryan comes down today or tomorrow.

I doubt it... On the radio a week or so ago... Td said Matt Ryan is our QB of the future and they will start contract negoiations but they hasnt started on contract talkes.

I dont see that happening until Joe Flacco gets his deal done

I doubt it... On the radio a week or so ago... Td said Matt Ryan is our QB of the future and they will start contract negoiations but they hasnt started on contract talkes.

I dont see that happening until Joe Flacco gets his deal done

I guess I could see them waiting for that, Flacco shouldn't get a monstrous extension and Ryan is clearly better than him in most aspects.

I guess I could see them waiting for that, Flacco shouldn't get a monstrous extension and Ryan is clearly better than him in most aspects.

Flacco is trying to get 15 mil a season.... Sanchez Contract is not helping the Falcons or Ravens...Ryan and Flacco will get around 14-15 mil

That's around the number I kept hearing around here, what were you expecting?

The number was 120 last year and that was a 7 million decrease from 2009.

This means teams are operating with 7 million dollars less than they had 3 years ago.

I think the net result will be FA contracts a lot smaller than people are thinking, especially Mario Williams' contract.

This means teams are operating with 7 million dollars less than they had 3 years ago.

I think the net result will be FA contracts a lot smaller than people are thinking, especially Mario Williams' contract.

Either that or extremely backloaded contracts this year with anticipation that the cap is going to rise significantly in the next few years.

But the trade off is the rookie cap, we have far less invested in Julio Jones than we would have 3 years ago. Financially speaking.

****, that's too high for any QB not named Brady, Brees or Rodgers right now.

The NFL Network siad Brady is around 18 mil a season

I agree... Its just like Aso didnt get the 15-16 mil a year that most thought he would get last year (12 per season) ... Jason La canfora has alsoways said he thought Mario Williams will get around 13 mil a year

Must do's

1. Sign a starting CB (re-sign Grimes)

2. Sign a DE (only 4 on roster) (Williams, Abraham, ?)

3. Sign a DT (only 3 on roster)(resign Walker ?)

4. Sign a center (only 1 on roster)(re-sign McClure?)

5. sign a backup QB (only Ryan and JPW)

NEXT need to do

1) OLT

2) slot receiver

3) back up SS behind Moore

Would like to see

1)TE

2) OG

3)???MLB???

Edited by delaigle

****, that's too high for any QB not named Brady, Brees or Rodgers right now.

Any GM with half a brain would NOT pay Ryan over 10mil a year. He's not worth it...

So the Falcon brass is paying QB over 10mil for just managing the game and winless in the playoffs . How stupid!

It would behoove this organization to wait until next year and make Ryan prove himself in the playoffs before giving him Jack!

...But, this is the Falcons we talking about, so we will probably give it to him anyways.

Come to think of it...I'm in the wrong profession. I might want to show up at training camp and tryout for the QB role with this organization since they're only concern with their QB knowing how to JUST manage a game. hmmmmmm