Who Wouldn't Want This Guy?

Falcon918

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pursue Mario Williams even if he is going to cost 14-16 million?

• Yes, he is worth every penny!
    • No, not worth it!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted no, not worth it. HOU never sniffed a playoff game until dude got hurt. We could probably get this guy for half the price.

John Abraham is aging and waning. He had 8.5 sacks last year, 3.5 were against Jacksonville. He disappeared against good teams last year. He's done.

The questions is how much will Mario Williams cost. Never overpay, It always comes back to haunt you. That being said I would love to have Mario.

Edited by *TMo*

John Abraham is aging and waning. He had 8.5 sacks last year, 3.5 were against Jacksonville. He disappeared against good teams last year. He's done.

The questions is how much will Mario Williams cost. Never overpay, It always comes back to haunt you. That being said I would love to have Mario.

Abe had 9.5 sacks last year. Really 10.5 (one was wiped out on a BS penalty call). Mario's sack numbers since 2006 = 14.0, 12.0, 9.0, 8.5, 5.0. Now who's waning?

Abe had 9.5 sacks last year. Really 10.5 (one was wiped out on a BS penalty call). Mario's sack numbers since 2006 = 14.0, 12.0, 9.0, 8.5, 5.0. Now who's waning?

Mario Williams can play the run at an elite level, pass rush at a very good level and play 65 to 70 plays a game. Enough said.

Voted no, not worth it. HOU never sniffed a playoff game until dude got hurt. We could probably get this guy for half the price.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen you say. Holy **** man, so it's his fault most of the other parts of the defense weren't up to snuff in his time at Houston? And the dude had 5 sacks in 5 games this year....I'm pretty sure they could have been that much better had he not torn his pectoral.

I am trying to understand why some of you are acting like you are paying for these players. Most people look at the total amount being payed but the only thing that matters is the guaranteed money. It might be a 100 million dollar contract but that does not mean that is what he is going to get.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen you say. Holy **** man, so it's his fault most of the other parts of the defense weren't up to snuff in his time at Houston? And the dude had 5 sacks in 5 games this year....I'm pretty sure they could have been that much better had he not torn his pectoral.

The general consensus on this board by the Mariophites is that he will elevate us to an elite defense and get us over the playoff hump. HTF can you deduce that when buddy has played in a grand total of ZERO playoff games in his six year career?

Mario has missed 16 of the Texans' last 21 games. You can't play the run worth a dam when you're sitting on a training table. Abe missed one game over the same period.

Abe is no longer an every down player. Abe had seasons where he missed games because he was hurt. This guy had 5 sacks in five games. I love Abe but he is getting old. I would love to have both if possible.

I am trying to understand why some of you are acting like you are paying for these players. Most people look at the total amount being payed but the only thing that matters is the guaranteed money. It might be a 100 million dollar contract but that does not mean that is what he is going to get.
Fans of a team have the right to be concerned about the use of salary cap dollars. Especially when we could be hamstrung by a contract that would keep us from upgrading several other needs.

Abe is no longer an every down player. Abe had seasons where he missed games because he was hurt. This guy had 5 sacks in five games. I love Abe but he is getting old. I would love to have both if possible.

Abe hasn't missed more than one game in a season since 2006. He is on a snap count due to that BS DLine rotation Smitty employs. Not because of age or health. If Mario comes here, watch him be subjected to the same BS rotation.

The general consensus on this board by the Mariophites is that he will elevate us to an elite defense and get us over the playoff hump. HTF can you deduce that when buddy has played in a grand total of ZERO playoff games in his six year career?

I hope this is not your argument. Different team and different circumstances. You cant blame all that on the DE. He would be the perfect piece to our D. He can play both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses. Imagine how creative we can be.

Mario has missed 16 of the Texans' last 21 games. You can't play the run worth a dam when you're sitting on a training table. Abe missed one game over the same period.

Most of those games were last year as well. I bet you were one of the idiots arguing v. Julius Peppers right? You really think 34 year old Abe who can only play 35 snaps a game is as valuable as a top DE in the NFL?

.....Wow, so playoff game appearances are a barometer for quality of player now? And just when I thought I couldn't hear anything more ridiculous, you say this. The Texans have sucked until recently, and aside from a few key players on D (Williams, Ryans, Robinson when he was there), haven't had much in terms of talent on that side of the ball. You sound about as stupid as people solely blaming Ryan for no playoff success.

Abe hasn't missed more than one game in a season since 2006. He is on a snap count due to that BS DLine rotation Smitty employs. Not because of age or health. If Mario comes here, watch him be subjected to the same BS rotation.

And that snap count is a huge reason why Abraham hasn't missed much time since being traded here.

They took the extra step to keep Abe healthy because of his age. If he could play every snap they would have allowed him to do so. They did mention him playing more during the playoffs because it was a do or die situation.

this discussion is completely pointless. some of yall are completely nit-picking. makes you sound liek you ZERO understanding of the game of football. playoff wins mean nothing in terms of one player. this is not tennis, its football, a team sport. he is not injury prone. he hasnt missed much games until missing 11 this past year on an injury that should be of ZERO concern moving forward. the mans a beast, who will require constant double teams, which will open up opportunities for the others with Nolans scheme which uses blitzers from all different directions.