razrtalon

Ok lets consider why Manning isn't staying in Indy. Team officials claimed its not about the $ its about health. . . Well guess what ITS ABOUT THE MONEY. Some would consider the new rookie wage scale reason to keep both peyton and luck. . . I would argue the opposite. Now teams are realizing why pay veterans diamonds when I can pay rooks peanuts. Take advantage of the cheap years. Fresh out of college when they're 23 in their prime and keep them for their optional 5th year. When their athletisicm maybe declining at 28 out the door they go. No big payday. This assumes the teams less monetary risk due to injury as well. Franchises realize the contract value on the front and on the end. Lets look at Rg3. The skins just gave up the farm,mule, and the cows for. Some people are blown away. Consider the Julio Jones trade Atlanta made, ludicrous. The same thing with Mark Ingram and the saints. These early picks are worth so much more now. The teams pick up crazy talent for dirt cheap. . . Giving away other older free agents with big contracts and the other picks thus clearing cap room. With all the free agents available they can now pick up proven talent with the saved cap. Regaining their losses on pro bowl caliber players, who aren't getting paid what they used to. The new wage scale distributes the cap room differently across the board. . . Is this a trend or sign of things to come?

It'll happen, less so with QB's though I think. Running backs especially.

I think only requiring teams to pay so much for rookies does bring down some veterans value, and at the same time provides teams with more cap room on free agency and resignings. Maybe running backs especially. Changes the dynamics of the entire draft.